It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Complicit Herdsmen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
We have witnessed a manifold increase in mainstream coverage of the "UFO" topic, supported, to some degree, even by governments. As we look up to the sky and stars beyond we can only wonder about the truth of imminent disclosure.

Meanwhile, back down on Earth, we witness a debacle of concerted government efforts to control and subjugate the populations of the so-called free world. A massive increase in surveillance technology is but the tip of the privacy iceberg, as developments in non-lethal weaponry and internment facilities abound.

We see the "War On Terror" advertised hourly on our television screens, yet we all sense the tired and aged disputes of the middle-east, nothing new in historical terms, are but a smokescreen to blur our vision against a phantom menace used specifically to ramp up security against the civilian populations of the nations of freedom.

Why?

A move to authoritarian states surely, but is that it?

Do we see a pattern?

- Increased military capability for urban warfare - not necessarily against a militaristic force, but an armed and dangerous civilian population.
- Internment facilities intended for mass imprisonment and interrogation techniques that preclude the outcome judgement as innocent.
- Massive surveillance and population tracking facilities, intelligence networks delving right into free society.
- The increased disassembly of civil liberties, gradually anaesthetising the greater population against fundamental changes to our right to live free.

Basically, all the essentials required by an occupying force intending to provide a "solution" to the ever-expanding human population. In this case, could it really be the "ultimate solution" - targeting citizens of the world regardless of race, colour or creed?

So I ask a simple question, in the event that the "UFOs" do materialise and are deemed hostile, would your government...

O protect their people and defend their nation against attack, maintaining the legitimacy of freedom for the human race, repelling all suggestions that humanity will be subjugated?
O be complicit with extra-terrestrial invaders, providing a para-military police force to capture and corral the population for the enemy in exchange for support in running an authoritarian puppet administration.

Is your government a valiant sheep-dog, protecting his flock from the wolf, or a cabal of complicit herdsmen intent of carving up the flock to assuage the fury of the beast?

Discuss...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Is this OP really not worth commenting on?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

Excellent thread! I only wish more people knew the truth about what's really going on. The fate of the world is in the hands of the few. A small number of very wealthy very powerful business men control when and where the next wars will be, how much the general population should earn and how much it should cost us to live. They attempt to eliminate targeted segments of the population by introducing dangerously addictive illicit drugs and making them readily available. Their goal is to reduce the population of the earth and maintain a population of 500,000,000 worldwide. You can be assured that the 500,000,000 will be carefully chosen. I'm sure a large proportion of them will be allowed to survive to be the 'hired help'. Someone will have to take care of the privilaged few.
Maybe they are in league with the 'grays' or 'reptilians' as some people think or maybe they live in fear of the aliens coming and exposing their machinations.
Anyway I loved your thread. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I thank you for your interest, but I fear that you are the only one... I guess it is missing the "pezzaz" factor in gaining attention as your reply was the first in weeks, hehe!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think that if you named your title - Alien mothership will enslave us all! - you would loose some credibility, but gain a lot more answer-ability.
As for the topic - i do not see how non-lethal methods of controlling the population come in the picture. Soviets were very effective in this and used methods like chemical warfare , mass killings and labor camps. No need for costly subtle approach and results were "great".
So if there is an alien master candidate,with totally different morals and probably with no different approach to humans then we to cows - why so much invested in gentle (in comparison) crowd control?
I believe (or want to) that it is a natural development - control voters without pissing them off too much.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi ZeroKnowledge... I based my, albeit small, thesis on the evidence of WWII. The mass exodus of the Jewish people was achieved *without* publicly killing them on a large scale, rather, they were "relocated".

Only at appointed sites were exterminations undertaken.

Granted, public violence was witnessed aplenty, take the Kristal Nacht for example, however, mass slaughter of the civilian population was only undertaken after a "cover story" was produced which enable the German population to feel OK about ignoring it.

The same would apply in modern times. The population would be more compliant as long as no mass slaughter took place in public. People would demonstrate against non-lethal weapons but they would comply. Also, it is easier to make people "walk" to their doom than having to load them onto wagons yourself, with or without the help of a construction digger.

So, I would maintain that non-lethal weaponry is *very* important as a method of control. mass slaughter in public is a punitive measure used rarely and with the sole purpose of propaganda - "Do as we say or look what will happen".

Thanks for the comments though!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

Seriously...as you know I've gotten some flak over my sensationalist titles but you would be amazed at how many of my threads make it to the number one hottest thread. A few weeks ago I had three of my threads in the top seven hottest threads at the same time.
When you have a good thread like this one it's a shame for no one to read it.
That's how I feel about some of my threads and I do what it takes to get them noticed.

new topics

top topics

join