It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Express high-res images

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
For those of you that are looking for high-res images of the Mars surface looking for past/present intelligence I thought I would inform you of very high-resolution images taken by the current European Space Agency Mars Express mission, the color images are supposedly of the highest resolution yet from Mars.

Mars Express online image browser

Example:

High-res JPEG

High-res TIFF

Happy hunting!

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow fantastic, cant wait to take a closer look, I wonder what we can find.....

Happy Hunting

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wow, great find! Thanks!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thanx for the link.

Lovely images.
What a beautiful planet Mars is.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hey, on page 10 they have a photo with what hey describe as a "new deposit", what is this and what do they mean by deposit?

Is this some natural occurance or is it possible 'something else' did this?

The photo is bottom row second one in showing a pic from Aug 99 and the new one in Sept05.

(will try to link)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yea it was a martian cow leaving a fresh deposit of methane probably what do u think lol?!

Originally posted by LestatG
Hey, on page 10 they have a photo with what hey describe as a "new deposit", what is this and what do they mean by deposit?

Is this some natural occurance or is it possible 'something else' did this?

The photo is bottom row second one in showing a pic from Aug 99 and the new one in Sept05.

(will try to link)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah, to be honest I didn't want to show my immaturity (and probably ignorance) but it reminded me of when we used to piss in the sand dunes, leaves the same kind of markings! Lol

Any other explanations.

Im happy with Martian cows. just like to see if there are any more theories

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
In the OP, the picture posted, definitely looks like there used to be water running through there?

Don't those look like waterways?? Very cool, either way

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
In the OP, the picture posted, definitely looks like there used to be water running through there?

Don't those look like waterways?? Very cool, either way

Thats funny, because they just said on CNBC that NASA has just announced that there once was lakes of water on Mars, anchor said it just now on TV

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I believe that the new deposit shows water or something liquid being forced up from under the surface and leaving a mark.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The images from Mars Express are great, but they are not the highest definition images available, that "crown" goes to the HiRISE mission aboard Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Images with a resolution of 25 centimetres (10 inches for the metric challenged
) per pixel are the most common, and there are already 6166 images.

They have weekly releases, this week's release is from today, available here.

PS: if you want to see the full images you need a JPEG2000 capable program, but you can download IASViewer from the HiRISE site.

PPS: most scientists are now convinced that Mars had a "wet" past, and those deposits may be the result of liquid activity.

PPPS: why is this on the Aliens & UFOs forum, shouldn't it be on Space Exploration?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Facinating pictures of Mars. The one picture your posted is a view of Echus Chasma, once one of the largest water source regions on Mars. I see something interesting in the bottom left of the picture. Where the color is darker right on what would have been the edge of this huge lake. Zoom in and you can see what appears to be intersecting lines. They look to be in a somewhat organized postition. They look like it could be the remains of some ancient intersecting roads. It really would be the perfect location for a settlement. Civizations on earth almost always settled along a body of water. The intersecting circles are interesting as well in the same location. they look to perfect to be impact craters.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Great picks, just seen the intersecting 'roads as well'. Need to take a closer look, I am no geologist but it sure seems that a huge amount of water used to flow through.

Thanks to Pokey Joe for clearing up what was meant by deposits.

Just cant wait until we see hard evidence of civilization.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Floating orb?

Shadow?

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I recon that if they poiked around in one of them dried up river beds for long enough,then they'd find fossils of the animals that lived there.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Wow! Acharya.
Thank you so much for posting that link. I’m sure many will appreciate it. I know I do.
Thanks again, I’m off to go hunting. Flag and star for you. All the best.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Wow great find Chadwickus , on what photo did you find this?

Looks exactly like the orb probes that visit here.

[edit on 17/7/2008 by LestatG]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

You can see it in the OP's example photo.

I was actually thinking before i saw it, Ok who's gonna spot a mars face in this pic? Then there it was.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Wow, that is a orb, nice find! If it is not an orb it has to be a really tall tower. but then it would cast a long shadow.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The images from Mars Express are great, but they are not the highest definition images available, that "crown" goes to the HiRISE mission aboard Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Images with a resolution of 25 centimetres (10 inches for the metric challenged ) per pixel are the most common, and there are already 6166 images.

Ok, I read in a Norwegian newspaper that the images were the best resolution ever from Mars, so I went along with it.

But are you sure that the resolution is 25 cm per pixel? The "golf ball" you can see to the left is from HiRISE and it supposedly measures 150 meters, but this is the maximum resolution image there is of it, and the resolution is more like 5 meters per pixel in the image. You can see the url vertically to the original image.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Acharya]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join