It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My take on UFO's are as following: What if they arent Alieans after all...what if it is the human race coming back in time to see whats going on. it isnt that far fetched as scientists are just now learning about new demensions that may open the possibility to time travel. If you notice UFO reports around any war increase alot. This could be us going back in time to check things out. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
hi, this topic has been raised a lot on this board, its a shame you are unable to review those previous conversations. However, I don't think you're idea is implausible, but I would ask why they would come back just to 'check out' what was going on?

If they were from our future, they would surely have plenty of reference points such as Books, DVD's, Brain downloads? etc.. as we have books, photo's etc for our past. So why would they bother, unless they were historical vacation thrillseekers - bet it sure beats the hell of just taking another flyby of the horsehead nebula or a 5 parsec trip to alpha centuri, perhaps a more internventionalist agenda is actually at work?

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
but even if I couldn't change a thing, or be seen, etc. I would definitely want to go back and time and actually see it, rather than read about it in a book, etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I totally agree. Hmm whats more interesting watching some "awsome" event on a television screen or living the moment as it happens? BTW sorry for the re-post i was unaware of anyone posting something of this topic once before...

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
sub, no worries everyone does it so I wouldn't bother if I were you

hmmm, thinking about it for longer, I guess what you say makes sense... I guess the historians of that era would want to do it. Guess it would be the ultimate class excursion at 'school'.

However, I still there's more to it than just witnessing events.

When you said 'check things out' did you just mean in terms of history or some other motive?

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i have never thought of that possibility, but the more i think about it, it would make alot of sense to me. it's kind of like archaeology only without the shovels and brushes and little kids carrying bags of sand. But if it is humans from the future, what's with the abductions of people that have absolutely no world historical significance? could the human race change that much to need to study humans from the past?

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
if the future humans are little grey guys, then yes, they could have changed that much, hehe...

This has always been a personal pet philosophy myself (the time travel aspect), however, I tend to give myself a headache when it comes to explaining paradoxes, so then I go back to the alien idea...

This would also more easily explain such phenomenon as "out of time" artifacts etc. (which is really weird when you look into it).

However, until they introduce themselves, we'll never know for sure...

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
HELLO PEOPLE FROM THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think that they may have evolved some and just want to check out how people are today...

I know that if i had the opportunity to go back and look at some events in the past i would absolutely love it

I'd be worried about changing things tho, that's the scary thing about time travel, the slightest thing could change everything

ever here the whole "a butterfly flapping it's wings in South America could cause a hurricane in Indiea" somethin like that, what if they ran into the butterfly? that'd change alot

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, "being seen" changes history.

And if you look at the UFO reports (flying a zillion miles an hour, over not-very-notable sites), there's no real historic or cultural points that they could be observing (otherwise sightings would be coming in hot-and-heavy from the Gulf right now and from the world capitals.)

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
and another reason I usually return to the alien theory...

They seem more interested in buzzing about sites such as nuclear airbases, government buildings, or looking for yokels to beam up and give anal probes to...

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What if these 'greys' are what we eventually evolve into?
What if, due to our mismanagement of the planet now, is affecting how they live in the future?
What if they are living in a highly poluted and dying earth?
What if they are coming back through time to try and prevent what has happened before it destroys the future?

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
There are several types of aliens reported, all very different from each other. Is it really possible that they are all our descendants?

Anyways, one thing is FOR SURE: we don't know for sure where they come from because they DON'T TELL US!! After thousands of abductions researched, we still don't know! That is quite extraordinary to me. These guys don't seems very good in PR..

When you meet someone for the first time, you introduce yourself, you say where you come from and what you're doing, stuff like that. They NEVER do that! The only reason I can understand why is that they don't want us to know, or at least to know as little as possible about what's going on.

From what I read, it has happened that abductees asked them where they were from. The answer given is never clear and we still don't know..

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Heres an idea. What if in WWII when it first happened we (allied forces) actually lost and the world became comunist. So what if in the future a select group of people came back in time to change the course of history. Lets say they dropped off Einstein so that he would eventually come about with the design for the Nuclear Bomb which in return won us the war. This is one of those things that you think about before you go to bed and the possibilities are endless...

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The world wouldn't have become Communist.

The Communists were losing, badly. It was the FASCIST governments we were against. Big difference, truly.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
FOTD,
Not true entirely. Look at the case of Betty and Barney Hill, their abductors told them where they were from, even showed Betty a star map which she drew partly for researchers. Or, take the case of Billy Meier who was visited by the Plaiediens, as was Adamski so I believe.

Whether you choose to believe their story or not is a different matter, but in some cases the 'aliens' have told us where they have come from...which raises interesting questions in itself.

Byrd, Sub. They sound rational concepts, perhaps even Roswell was an accident by some historical tourists which then obviously changed our future?

One thing I would say though is, seeing a UFO..does it actually change the future. To be clear, the observee might think, having not seen one before, that it is some unusual natural phenomena or a devine apparition and the like. Its not until 'they' have an accident and there's something tangible that timelines begin to change. In this instance, just seeing something doesn;t neccesarily change things as saying, seeing you're dead grandmother on the street corner would.

Sorry, I've strayed off the topic a little, but I thought it raised an interesting point about how far something might go before it affects the future. You have the butterfly wingflap or the infamous drop of water down the back of the hand (thanks Jurassic Park!), but I just wonder if its circumstantional as to how great the effect is?

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by phait]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   
phait,

You're right for the Hill case. But such cases are extremely rare as far as I know. Hopkins, who has investigated OVER 1000 ABDUCTIONS still doesn't know for sure where they're from! That's quite extraordinary don't you think? Jacobs got very few cases that might suggest they are ETs. The other researchers don't know for sure either. Don't you find that is kind of weird? To me it is. It is also weird that it was during the first case investigated that we got the most accurate information - the map in the Hill case -. What is the probability that we get the most information in the first case researched? Isn't it legitimate to wonder whether the aliens became more "cautious" after this case?

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
yeah absolutely right it being weird.. perhaps one fo the confusing things with Hopkins is that the types of visitors may differ slightly for some of the cases .i.e. there may be x number that have been subject to grey abduction, x number from plaiedian abduction etc.. and not everyone gets told or maybe even asks that question. I guess we have to remember that these ppl are wither in a state of shock or could hynotised to forget what they saw / were told.

As for accurate info on the first case, well the Hills were abducted after Adamski I think. Hills were 63 / 67 but Adamski started in the 50's. Again, it depends on whether you actually beleive what they claim - a lot of ppl dismiss Adamski out of hand.

It is an interesting point though. Perhaps could it be that the Hills were abducted by a different species who either did not wish to carry out more abductions for any number of reasons, or another specices warned them off from the earth.. who knows, but yeah I agree, a lot of the cases seem to contain conflicting or possibly disinformation. Playing the games our leaders might play quite possibly.

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by phait]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
According to Hopkins and Jacobs, there are 4 types of alien species involved in the abduction phenomenon. The purpose and procedures of the abductions do not seem to change depending on the type of alien. Sometimes several of these types take part in the same abduction. There also seems to be a strict hierarchy between these species, for instance, the small greys normally don't perform medical procedures. It is the job of the tall greys. As for the insectoids, they seem to be at the top of the hierarchy.

Have you heard of the Martellaro case? It is researched by Hopkins and an independent group of medical doctors. During this abduction, an insectoid gives express orders to several greys (3 small and 1 tall) to torture the abductee. Martellaro felt at some point that the grey beings thought the other guy was nuts, but they strictly obeyed. There are other cases that suggest that the insectoids are at the top of the hierarchy.

My guess is that if these aliens were here for our good, it would be obvious to all of the experienced researchers by now. Is it really possible that they�re here to help and that they never give any clear explanations about their intentions?

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I posted this a long time ago on a different topic..

If they are from the future maybe it's to give us new technology so they/we can overcome something in the future that we don't have the technology for in the..present future? How many times could they come back into the past if they didn't fix what they wanted? Could they exist at more than one point at the same time in the past? What effect would it have on us when they go back in time and exist at more than one place? Have they gone into the future too? If they go into the past they have to have a way to get back to the future. Have they seen what the world will become? Maybe that's why they want to go into the past.

*sigh* time travel is too complicated..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join