It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New JibJab video Are you offended?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Here's the new JIBJAB Video that pokes fun of our election and candidates. Do you think anyone is going to be offended?

JIBJAB

*Edit spelling twice

*Edit Subject line

[edit on 7/16/2008 by darkelf]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Awesome. Those guys are great.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
After all the whining over the New Yorker cover, I thought this might add fuel to the fire. Apparently too many people don't understand satire.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
After all the whining over the New Yorker cover, I thought this might add fuel to the fire. Apparently too many people don't understand satire.
indeedy,if people get so offended at stuff like this. Then good,I hope it makes them poop a chicken egg.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Personally, I see them as two different things. The humor in jib jab is way harder to mistake for anything other than satire. The New Yorker cartoon, not so much.

I will be surprised if you find many people that are offended by this.

(didn't really need that to have a ?)

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
satire is satire, it shouldn't need to be obvious. if anyone's offended by satire, it'll be the lowest common denominator, and they seem to be offended by everything except reality tv, screw 'em.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

This had my LITERALLY falling off my chair!
Very very funny.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
'And our legacy needs saving!'...

Oh that was bloody fantastic. Laugh? I haven't laughed like that in ages from some thing on the net.

Cheers for that.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I have heard it said that the reason there are no Obama jokes is that Obama is not funny. He's too serious to make fun of. Hope this video puts that notion to rest. I loved the my little pony bit.

McCain in the hospital was great too.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

That was excellent! Thanks for posting! I was not at all offended. I don't know why anyone would be, but I'm absolutely certain that some will find something that offends their sensibilities.

I loved it!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

I thought this was a hilarious film, even though I thought the New Yorkers attempt at satire was tasteless.

That is probably because their intent was to satirize an ignorant view of Obama, but they ended up satirizing Obama instead.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
satire is satire, it shouldn't need to be obvious. if anyone's offended by satire, it'll be the lowest common denominator, and they seem to be offended by everything except reality tv, screw 'em.

Thats of course unless something claimed as being satire isn't actually satire.

You see if I want to satirize you, then I will take something you said, and blow it up to ridiculous proportions.

What the New Yorker did was take something that the Right is saying about Obama and actually drew Obama out to be all of these things, but in a comedic fashion.

That isn't satire. That would be akin to me wanting to fight the guy who hurt my sister but actually hitting my sister, and then claiming I was just defending her.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Great dogs B H. They look like great companions.

I agree with your comment on the jibjab as well. These have always cracked me up.

Hey you can now put yourself in your own jibjab too but gosh darn you have to me a member of jibjab.

Rhain

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ok, this is just funny...

And thats all... and its dammed funny....

The only real offensive part is downplaying McCains time in a gook prision camp...

This is satire... and this jibjab is 1000X's better then the one they made last election, the 'This land is your land' one...

in fact, i think i need to show people this...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I love jibjab. They are great.

This one was funny. I noticed they didn't spend much time on Obama. Guess he really doesn't say much.

JibJab does it again!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Absolutely Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Change about change about change about change!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cracked up....

Excellent find..

And no, not offended at all...

Semper

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
How dare you bash the messiah like that you racist basta......

just kidding

That is good stuff. I love these guys at jib jab...i wish i could have that kind of artistic ability

my favorite part was Hillary bashing bill for being with another woman

Omg i almost soiled myself.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Very well put together by JibJab and I laughed through it all. Obama needs to realize that in America we can make fun of people with satire and we could care less if they're offended or not. It was funny.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Very nice and funny video.

It all made me think of the muppetshow, because all this is are puppets on strings to entertain.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Offended? No way!!

That was great. I really like those videos because they are well made and not cheesy.

Hubby is a Bob Dylan fan and had to listen to it twice. hehe

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join