It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No games or social networking for Irish iPhones!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
From siliconrepublic.com

While there has been no official Apple statement that the company will not be providing games for Irish App Store users at this time, the disclaimer on the Apple Ireland App Store page does say: “Some applications are not available in all areas.”

iTunes customer, Tony Reilly, told siliconrepublic.com that he contacted Apple in the US concerning the absence of games and said he received this response: “I am sorry, but at this time it looks like Ireland’s store will not be carrying games. This may change in the future, but at this time I cannot tell you when this might change.”

Is this the beginning of the 'punishments' for Ireland's Lisbon 'NO' Vote? Has Apple got on board in the growing/ eventual embargo or isolation of Ireland?

Will Ireland become another Cuba, isolated from vengeful EU nations set on revenge for having (very) publicly humiliated the masterminds of the Lisbon Treaty with as far as I know, the only publicly held vote on the Lisbon Treaty?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That's what I think it is. The first volley in the punishment the multi-nationals intend on launching against the Irish for daring to stand up to the EU Beast and saying NO!!!! to Lisbon.

If they want to beat up on Ireland, then we need to organise the Irish around the world to boycott their multi-national corporations and their products.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Queen Maeve
Go Ireland!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

i fail to see how iphone having no support for games and social networking for people in ireland will inconveience anyone.. not like many of the population are walking around with iphones next to their ears..

now if nokia decides not to support the n96 then maybe i'll take this thread a bit more serious..

peace

dz

top topics

join