It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

troubles with the law when I was only trying to help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ok so, this weekend after a party.
When this party ended and everyone was leaving I see that my friend is about to get into his car and drive home, but then I told him i'd drive him home because he was way to drunk to drive, and I wasnt drunk at that point.

And while I was driving him home, I guess he had gotten some weed at the party, and when he reached into the pocket to get his phone out the weed dropped on to his seats without him noticing.

And then after I drop him off at his appartment a few blocks down I get pulled over for my taillight being out.

Then when the cop comes up to my car he looks in and see's the marajuana in the other seat.

So now I'm stuck with a $200 dollar fine(which he's paying), a 30 day supension of my liscense, and I have to go to some drug education program.

Ughh.

And to think that trying to help just got me in trouble.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by 5ealchris]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Wow, sounds like you need to use your ninja skills to hang out with a better group of people. Don't need to go down for other's drug problems. I would say that your friend should have been man enough to step up and clear your name. This kind of thing can haunt a person for a long time down the road. Employers don't look kindly on drug possession convictions.

When your done with all of the court things I would start working on getting this expunged off of your record as soon as possible.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wow, that's a bum rap. You should tell your buddy that he needs to go in and clear you. It's nice and all that he's paying the fine, but this is your future he's jeopardizing. That is so very not cool.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Arrggggggggg

So now I'm even more pissed off.
When I called that a***hole today, even though he said he would pay for it the first time I talked to him about this he said that he never agreed to this and he's not going to admit anything to the court about it being his.
ARGGGGGGG
Just shows you who your real freinds are.
And if I didnt want to get in more trouble with the law.
:bash:

But on the bright side I guess because of it being a first time offense I can get an exception where it doesnt go on my criminal record.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Guilt by association man

You can't tell your friends what to do, but you can choose your friends

my brother ran into this problem with a friend of his, so i know what you're going through to an extent.

My personal feeling on it is if your "friend" would let you take the fall for him, he's not much of a friend to begin with

tell him to *snip* off, learn your lesson, and move on

top topics

join