It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can this "not be suspicious?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A man who was found with his head severed by a chainsaw was fighting to stay in a block of 70 flats in Hampshire cleared for redevelopment.

OK, so the last remaining guy, fighting to keep his land from being developed conveniently ends up dead... Not suspicious? OK, how about fishy?

His head was severed by a chainsaw.... Not suspicious? Not even a little? It must happen all the time.

A spokesman for the coroner said: "As far as we know nobody else was involved.
Wait.... he cut off his own head with a chainsaw? Wow, that is something. Maybe he had a history of cutting peoples heads off with chainsaws, because that one sounds a little suspicious to me.

A Hampshire Constabulary spokeswoman confirmed his death was not suspicious.

"We were called to the address on Bodmin Road on 5 July at approximately 4.20pm to a non-suspicious death," she said.
And did she mention that it was not suspicious?

I honestly thought this was an article from the onion.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
yeah, nothing suspicious there, just your regular suicide involving a chainsaw. happens all the time. thats horrible that his guys head is hacked off with a chainsaw and its the norm.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What?!?!You mean you've never tried it?!?! You are really missing out on something.

COME ON!!!! Who in the police dept knows or has invested with these developers? That would be my first question

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
In the long run we could save on bombs, bullets, and bodies if we could sell this idea to all them suiciders Dubya keeps telling us about!

Of course, we'd have a hard time keeping instructors.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is obviously suspicious.......listen to how they put it, "....he was the last one there, he lived alone....."

DOWNPLAYING THE SITUATION

It's like, "the guy wouldn't leave so we cut his head off with a chainsaw............"

How is it even physically possible to cut your own head off with a chainsaw?(I imagine that's what the explanation is)

There's gotta be some type of connection that can be made between the developers and the powerful interests.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
at first i thought it coulda been an accident while he was gardening untill i read the whole article...

"There's nothing suspicious about the death. It was in his flat on Bodmin Road."

ahem.. is it normal for people in britain to operate chainsaws in there homes?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

"" Wait.... he cut off his own head with a chainsaw? Wow, that is something. Maybe he had a history of cutting peoples heads off with chainsaws, because that one sounds a little suspicious to me. ""

Sounds as believable as the guy who committed suicide, by shooting himself in the head...twice!

bellaciao.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Don't forget the Clinton associate who committed suicide by shooting herself in the BACK of the head???

Suzanne Coleman - Had affair with Clinton when he was attorney general. Died of "suicide" with gunshot wound to the back of her head. No autopsy allowed. Was 7 months pregnant at time of her death. She had told friends it was Bill Clinton's child. (See Danny Williams). She was 26 at the time of her death.

Source

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I guess it has happened before, if you believe this link:

Darwin Awards

I'm certainly not trying to say that it happened here. I think it's pretty unlikely in this case.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
its suspicious that everyone in the article
keeps emphasizing that his death was not
suspicious.

have you seen "the andromeda strain". theres a guy
who decapitates himself with a chainsaw. it looks
doable. I know, its just a movie.

you think the hitman the developers hired would have
made it look less obvious, but maybe because it looks so
obvious, its not really them, but maybe they made it look
obvious so people would think its too obvious and wouldnt
suspect them.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm amazed that they don't even bother to say whether they thought it was suicide or an accident. They just simply say it's not suspicious.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

No more suspicious than this Clinton associate:

Calvin Walraven - 24 year old Walraven was a key witness in Jocelyn Elder's son's drug case. Ten days after Elder's son was convicted of trafficking in coc aine, Walraven was found dead in his apartment with a gunshot blast to the head. Tim Hover, a Little Rock police spokesman says no foul play is suspected.

What would make you think there was foul play?

[edit on 7/16/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ok this is weird. Last year, I think that's when it was, a guy around the Vancouver area commited suicide, by cutting off his own head with a chain saw! How is it possible to do this?

I don't have a link for this story. I don't recall reading about it, but hearing about it from people talking. The people who told me knew him, and there were other strange events involved, of which I can't recall now.

EDIT: If you google "chainsaw suicide", it seems there's quite a few cases ....

[edit on 16-7-2008 by violet]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
uncyclopedia.org...:Cut_Your_Own_Head_Off_With_a_Chainsaw

Here is a how to guide, if you were ever inclined to cut off your own head w/a chainsaw.

www.smh.com.au...
Here is an example of someone cutting off their own head with a chainsaw in Germany.

A man cut off his own head with a chainsaw after stabbing his 70-year-old father to death in their apartment in the German city of Cologne, police said.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...
and another example....

A WOODSMAN depressed after his divorce sliced his head off with a chainsaw after watching the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Pals of Serb Brano Milisovic, 45, had taken away his guns and knives in a bid to stop him killing himself - and brought him videos to take his mind off his troubles.

Police in Bace, Serbia, said the choice of video "might not have be appropriate".

Who wudda thunk it? I guess it is more common that I previously had thought.

CX

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Whilst i agree with all the above posts regarding the supisciousness of this death, theres always another side to the coin and it may just be the case that this was'nt a staged suicide.

Here in the UK there have been many cases over recent years of elderly people commiting or attempting suicide due to things like being in debt, having thier utilities cut off or simply being sent an overly high fuel bill by mistake.

I would'nt say it's unusual to have a chainsaw in your house nowadays either. Many stores here sell them nowadays in the gardening department, people are buying them for the jobs a hedge trimmer won't do. They are no longer tools for just tree surgeons.

Only takes a resourceful person to rig this up. Still, it does sound quite dodgy though.

CX.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It was an electric chainsaw.

He put it on a timer, suspended it above his neck, and then took a whole load of pills.

The timer came on and started the chainsaw after he lost consciousness (luckily for him) and sawed through his neck.

Let's please have all the facts before making a judgement.

That was the official story, and apparent methodology according to the official story.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
reply to post by Karlhungis

"" Wait.... he cut off his own head with a chainsaw? Wow, that is something. Maybe he had a history of cutting peoples heads off with chainsaws, because that one sounds a little suspicious to me. ""

Sounds as believable as the guy who committed suicide, by shooting himself in the head...twice!

bellaciao.org...

LOL you got to admit that's funny, suicide by shooting yourself two times in the head, it just made me laugh haha.

This is pretty wierd, how can you chop off your head with a chainsaw?? He must be the dumbist idiot in the world for chopping his own head, I mean comon there is hundreds of other ways of less painfull suicide, why chainsaw, and if they argue that he killed himself in a violent manner for protest than thats stupid too because he would do it in public like the Chinese who burnt themselves. FISHY FISHY

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
you people are too paranoid. this stuff happens all the time. just last week a guy here stabbed himself in the back 47 times then shot himself in the back of the head. he was kinda bummed about something they say. its a shame when people commit suicide in these crazy ways and dont leave at least a typewritten note with a bad copy of their signature at the bottom.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
It was an electric chainsaw.

He put it on a timer, suspended it above his neck, and then took a whole load of pills.

The timer came on and started the chainsaw after he lost consciousness (luckily for him) and sawed through his neck.

Let's please have all the facts before making a judgement.

That was the official story, and apparent methodology according to the official story.

Where can I read this? It wasn't in the link in the original post and I would be interested to look at it myself.

I think saying the whole thing was non-supicious, as the cornoner did, is a bit odd. Granted, it may have been a suicide but often the circumstances surrounding an apparent suicide can be somewhat suspicious. I'm not calling it a conspiracy, but having your head cut off by a chainsaw is definately not dieing from natural causes. Whether you did it yourself or not.

top topics

join