It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truthers VS Debunkers, what gives??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I have it figured out !

It really used to bother me that some people were unable to see basic things that didnt add up in the events of the pentagon attacks, I used to take it personal..but I now realize why people debunk obvious thing like a plane hitting the pentagon, the same way some "truthers" need somthing to belive in, debunkers choose the least path of resistance to place thier beliefs in others. both have pitfalls. Example: My Brother in law is a working status quo profeesional ,degree, make tons of money votes for bush,house on the hill w/kid. He is living the dream and this country made it happen for him. My point is this one day he was reviewing pentagon footage and came to a starling conclusion that no plane hit the pentagon. he had 20 difrent way to prove it! he was freaked out! I told me about it and I said "Ive been telling people that for years!! ...no after a week or so when regular family life kicked back in and my sister who got tired of hearing about had a long talk with him..he no longer chooses to see the truth and no longer has anything to say about it! Deep down he know the truth but his belif interfered with his lifestyle, and the lifestlye this country helped him acheive! (he was born in panama) that how it work people!
A debunker wouldnt be afraid if the saw a reptilian walk up and shake their hand..what scares debunkers is losing their reputation and status quo.
they are the perfect yes people, the only way they would believe any of this is if the president himself said it even then they would debunk it` it is truly a form of insanity!! but so is being humiliated and messining up you paycheck for a "theory" .....I dont know exacly what I believe anymore but I do know that I have 20/20 vision and to this day I cant believe how anybody on earth actually believes a plane hit the pentagon..it is 100% impossible!! they now it thats why the film is gone and you never saw a thing, a body nothing ...just some sheet metal and a small hole from the bomb that went off!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I have it figured out !

It really used to bother me that some people were unable to see basic things that didnt add up in the events of the pentagon attacks, I used to take it personal..but I now realize why people debunk obvious thing like a plane hitting the pentagon, the same way some "truthers" need somthing to belive in, debunkers choose the least path of resistance to place thier beliefs in others. both have pitfalls. Example: My Brother in law is a working status quo profeesional ,degree, make tons of money votes for bush,house on the hill w/kid. He is living the dream and this country made it happen for him. My point is this one day he was reviewing pentagon footage and came to a starling conclusion that no plane hit the pentagon. he had 20 difrent way to prove it! he was freaked out! I told me about it and I said "Ive been telling people that for years!! ...no after a week or so when regular family life kicked back in and my sister who got tired of hearing about had a long talk with him..he no longer chooses to see the truth and no longer has anything to say about it! Deep down he know the truth but his belif interfered with his lifestyle, and the lifestlye this country helped him acheive! (he was born in panama) that how it work people!
A debunker wouldnt be afraid if the saw a reptilian walk up and shake their hand..what scares debunkers is losing their reputation and status quo.
they are the perfect yes people, the only way they would believe any of this is if the president himself said it even then they would debunk it` it is truly a form of insanity!! but so is being humiliated and messining up you paycheck for a "theory" .....I dont know exacly what I believe anymore but I do know that I have 20/20 vision and to this day I cant believe how anybody on earth actually believes a plane hit the pentagon..it is 100% impossible!! they now it thats why the film is gone and you never saw a thing, a body nothing ...just some sheet metal and a small hole from the bomb that went off!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
for truthers, debunkers thoughts are unthinkable. they are either paid to deceive or brainwashed. (i personally believe this, although i try and pepper my intercourse(heh heh) with a grain of salt).

for debunkers, truthers are either delusional or misguided(or well informed, and so must be discredited, as i personally believe).

truthers act in anger against debunkers, because it is obvious to a truther that if you critically analyze the evidence, you will come to the conclusion that there is something rotten in denmark, franz. debunkers HAVE looked at the evidence, but they don't seem to be able to connect the dots. in fact, they like to disconnect the dots.

and debunkers, typically try and 'label' truthers as some sort of lunatic fringe that should be ignored/ridiculed.

it is obvious to truthers who is who, and not so obvious to debunkers. the reason for this is that all the dots are not visible. however, more and more become visible everyday, and so it becomes easier to see 'the big picture' to those who are actually trying to connect dots, as opposed to scattering them to the wind.

p.s. HINT: the big picture is unbelievable!

If you just flipped truther to debunker and debunker to truther in your post, I would almost agree with everything you said.

As a debunker, I see that truthers are only interested in information that promote and advance their belief. They shun and dismiss anything that doesn't conform the their way of thinking.

Example:

Truther: A cruise missile hit the Pentagon. I know this because the hole in the outside wall is too small. I had to be a missile.

Debunker: So the fact that plane wreckage was recovered from the building means nothing? Also there is video of the plane hitting the building.

Truther: You don't know what you're talking about. It's all fake. You've been brainwashed by the government and mass-media.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
unless you yourself saw or recovered the wreckage, you are accepting hearsay as fact.

once again, a debunker is trying to isolate and put tiny strawmen under the microscope, and ignoring the larger patterns like terrorism drills mimicking the actual terror and creating confusion, like mystery workers telling people to get back because WTC7 is "about to blow up", like put options that made people rich but were never properly investigated, like the near total media blackout on WTC7's collapse, like devout suicide 'goin' to my mansion and virgins in heaven' suicidal muslim's DRINKING BOOZE in a STRIP BAR and leaving their HOLY KORAN's all over the place, like anthrax attacks interfering with any opposition to THE PATRIOT ACT, like the fact that the 'terror watch/no fly' list has over ONE MILLION people on it, AMERICANS with names like smith and johnson, some who are FAMOUS television celebrities(the CNN guys, for example) and politicians, the FACT that the anthrax came from fort derrick and that no one has been charged, and the FACT that the media COMPLETELY stopped talking about the anthrax and it's implications, the fact that the first guy to die from anthrax worked at a media outlet and supposedly had pictures of bush doing gay things, the fact that there was CRIMINAL DESTRUCTION OF EVIDENCE at ground zero, the fact that hundreds of new yorker clean-up and emergency personnel are DYING because the EPA said the air was safe even though the asbestos in the air was nearly a hundred times the 'safe' level, the fact that EVERY media reporting live talked about the SECONDARY ("huge") EXPLOSIONS and the fear that ONE MORE EXPLOSION might bring the towers down.

i don't think you can simply reverse positions of debunker/truther as described by me. truthers see the larger patterns while debunkers focus on the little details and ignore the larger context. even if what i typed above was HALF WRONG, there would still remain enough of the pattern to point to an excellent, well-founded CONSPIRACY THEORY, and i only typed a tiny fraction of the REALLY big picture(ie. the ruling elite's manipulation of the masses throughout history using mass media propaganda).

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

" 9/11 is a perfect example.. saying the Government is involved is OK with me, I don't believe it to the extent many do here but still, it's plausible.. however, when I see guys bringing in "phantom planes", "holographic images" and "projected sounds" I get a little batty. "

Well, how about just focusing on the NON-THEORY evidence that was left.

There is enough to fill a barge with it.

I see two types of debunkers, the honest ones who just can't see it, for whatever reason, maybe they are just too scared, and the scumbags who are paid to disrupt any kind momentum,

from being gained by honest posters looking for truth.

The media whores do it differently, they just omit the info, or never cover the story if it could expose a real scumbag.

The result is, people never heard of it, therefore, it never happened!

[edit on 18-7-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have to agree debunkers tend to be more interested in mud slinging than truth or even scrutinizing someone elses theories,especialy if there would be work involved.They tend to be lazy.There need to be scrutiny without the mudslinging In fact i tend to scrutinize my own theories or beliefs better than the debunkers.I have sought out good counter arguments in some cases and could never find them.All I could find was mud slinging.I read the argument once that not one person in government ever came forward that chemtrails were real.I than found someone that said they were real.Then I looked for info that might tend to discredit what that person said.It was not there.They make too many assumptions before they form an opinion.One argument was that someone would have got a better picture.I just do not see that many people that have an interest in chemtrails or people that carry around cameras 24/7.In fact if i had my camera one day I would have got a picture of trails as far as the eye can see in every direction.That is just what the debunker was saying he never sees .The argument was weak.Rather than trying to scrutizize the theory and come up with counter arguments they make asses of themselves and don't even realize it.They are not interested in truth because they will always say it it the persons job that has the belief to prove it..They try to make the search for truth a battle over who is right and who is wrong as they are attention whores.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethann
I have to agree debunkers tend to be more interested in mud slinging than truth

I have to disagree. I haven't posted much on this site before, but I have looked at it a number of times over the last 6-12 months. Most times it seems to be the "truther" that makes the first personal attacks.

Originally posted by ethannThey tend to be lazy.

Again I disagree.

Originally posted by ethann... In fact i tend to scrutinize my own theories or beliefs better than the debunkers.I have sought out good counter arguments in some cases and could never find them.

Is is possible that you are too close the the issue? It is often hard for someone to really scrutinize something they are passionate about. They rationalize away any discrepancies and focus on the things that prove their case.

They make too many assumptions before they form an opinion.

I would say that is one argument that is seen as viable from both camps.

Rather than trying to scrutizize the theory and come up with counter arguments, they make asses of themselves and don't even realize it.They are not interested in truth because they will always say it it the persons job that has the belief to prove it.

I guess the thing that frustrates me most about CT/truthers, is that they don't seem to understand that once you have a theory then you must be able to prove your theory with evidence that can stand up to scientific scrutiny. Until you have the scientific evidence to back it up, don't be surprised if people don't believe you. What's the saying... Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I have yet see a truther come up with extraordinary evidence.

They try to make the search for truth a battle over who is right and who is wrong as they are attention whores.

I would be careful of statements like that. One starts a post because they have something to say. They are saying "Look at me. I found out something that nobody else knows". Or something similar. I have yet to see a debunker start a post about how (insert topic here) is right in every way.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nowhackohere

" Most times it seems to be the "truther" that makes the first personal attacks. "

are you sure?

are you sure of their motivations?

are they really a truther?

ever read up on cointelpro?

there are so many frauds on here, it ain't even funny.

once you figure out the, oh so subtle differences, any confusion of who is who, pretty much disappears right away...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join