It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heres my newest project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Helly squirts i have been developing a new site and i have uploaded the beta up for a review from you guys check it out and let me know if you think i could do something differently thanks

and i'm not promoting the site ok i just want your honest opinions on it

nyss-washdc.org...

[edit on 7/15/2008 by razor1000]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
dude like come onsnt there anyone who wants to give an opinion on this man well i've been doing some changes to this site bu i think its starting to get to the point where i want ti to be at

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The text needs to be moved down so it's not covering the image and clashing as it forms a distraction. Might also be an idea to change the background to something darker as white isn't very nice to read off on a screen. There's alot of empty space as well (really noticeable due to the white background) perhaps maybe move the "New York State Society" to the left of the image along with the crest.

I know it's your own work and you're likely proud with what you've achieved however you need to look at it from the perspective of a viewer and not creator who will hold no bias to how it looks and ask yourself the same question you're asking us

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'll give you a pointer.

The site does not work in FF. That is .. the design.
You should not use inline style on elementes.

<ul class="glossymenu" style="list-style-type:none; float:left; margin-left:0;">

should be in menu.css :

ul.glossymenu
[
list-style-type:none;
float:left;
margin-left:0;
]

You allso have a lot of div containers that is empty and for no use. Get rid of all excess code. And run it trough a validator.

You should allso use png images when overlaying. You will then be able to use anti aliasing and transparency.

[edit on 21/7/08 by tep200377]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
oh not at all i'm not taking this is my work and i'm proud of it aproach otherwise i wouldnt even ask, but the owners have been pushing me to do things i dont think are very well you know what i mean i'm going to change the font on the text and add some external glow to it so it stands out from the background.

also the print style is going to have another image showing up instead of that city scape.

and believe it or not this look is a lot better from what this site started out as, i really hate letting people who dont know anything about layouts and style have a say in the development of a site but in this case i'm trying to please the people i'm doing it for without comprimising too much since this is going to be part of my portfolio and something i show to potential leads.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

Yes thanks
some divs are for things i have planned for the future of this site as it will grow from this stage. but i tested this in firefox and it was working fine i'll check it again thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
ok i have finally reached a point to where i can say the bugs are gone and the display should be the same even on safary nyss-washdc.org... let me know how you guys like the final draft here.

i have other things planned for the site like making that menu retractable and sliding to stay in the middle so its out of the way more and i still have some more backgrounds to add to the other pages that are showing the homepage background

[edit on 7/23/2008 by razor1000]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Looks a hell of alot better already!

There's still the issue however with all that empty space with is distracting and off putting when reading text some images to fill the void might a good idea, maybe scenic pics of NY ?

Also when I make my IE window smaller (not maximised) the link tabs appear to move inside the text part which says "welcome"

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
the menu is going to be retractable in future updates but for now i made it see trough for people who want to use small windows or low resolutions.
i'm waiting for more content from the customer to fill up the page with so for the meantime i need to leave that space open

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Viewed the website 9/07/08 and it looks professional to me......

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
this project is closed so i will no longer discuss it

top topics

join