It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest oil price drop in 17 years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

" The value of the dollar has also improved over the last couple of days.
So me, being a non-economist, I ask. What exactly has changed? "

just perception.

in general folks don't understand alot because of the manipulation.

back when the prices of houses were leaping higher, they WRONGLY thought how great it was

as opposed to thinking the truth of the matter, which was, their dollars WERE, WORTH, LESS!

which is why more of the crummy dollars were needed to buy the same property.

but many folks don't think like that, and it starts at home and in the schools and the crappy news doesn't help very much either.

because the whores are everywhere pushing SPIN [ lies, half truths ] all over, but truth, is a rare commodity to be found.

one must go looking for it, but one won't look for something he falsely thinks he already has...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Maxmar and Agit8dChop is political deception, we will be talking about his one for a long time to come, because we have known all this time the truth behind this deception.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
and my gas prices went up 2 cents today

$4.19

was $4.17 this morning on the way to the office.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

$3.90 here.

There have been rumors of gas stations keeping prices high because it under-sells their last shipments.. who know..

I find it hilarious that a 8% drop in gas prices causes a market rebound.

Just buying cheap arse financial stocks most likely.. increasing 20-30% a day now.

Note also.. every major bank has made several multi billion dollar write downs.. the latest being Merrill Lynch with a loss of 4.9 billion dollars....

But oil drops a few bucks, or, a few cents at the pump and we get a 500 point rebound.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
and my gas prices went up 2 cents today

$4.19

was $4.17 this morning on the way to the office.

Just when you think big oil companies like ExxonMobil might be content with tens of billions of yearly profits, they surprise you by grasping for pennies. This time it's not just the driver at the pump being squeezed, but corner gas station owners and gasoline wholesalers. Exxon is running the stations out of business, and refineries are cutting out wholesalers from blending ethanol into gasoline, now that ethanol is cheaper.

Exxon is selling off its 820 company-owned stations and 1,400 stations run by independent dealers on company-owned land. It's the end of the independent corner gas station, because Exxon will sell the stations to only to its big distributors.

www.oilwatchdog.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
december gold was off by 10 dollars

and oil was up a buck.

I'm still predicting a downward trend thru the elections.

the whores don't like upset voters. I believe this'll be the last big break we get til the next big election

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join