It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you check ATS to see if WW3 has started yet ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I find myself relying on ATS more and more for my news and staying in touch with what's going on in the world . As a result I fully expect ATS to be the place where I fist hear of any big news , such as a attack on Iran .
Are there others that think ATS will be the place they hear about WW3 starting ?

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
yes but then i wont be sure whether or not i believe it when/if i see it so then ill go read CNN

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
yeah they would be my second choice too lol

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yep, infact i was only talking about this 2 days ago with a friend (yep i do have ONE) as being one of my reasons for frequenting such boards.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If you look for your own news you won't need ATS. I frequent the Huffingtonpost. She is critical of both parties. If a Democrat says something stupid, it makes the front page so that everyone can see, "hey, that person said something stupid." Unlike Mike Drudge, who only nominally dabbles in such criticism.

As far as a nuclear exchange, I doubt the internet will be available. Total lock-down. They will be rounding people up, dissidents. Word of mouth will reign supreme, and knowledge of the back-roads to the mountains will be key.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
with as many crazy stories that have been on here lately

i come here to read, i keep my belief system in tact

if WW3 started id just look out my window or listen to the air raid sirens

hah

i think there is alot of disinfo and just not informed enough on this site

as much as i love it, im not too open minded on everything posted

like i said i keep to my belief system and read all else and if something catched my minds eye i research it myself

i dont let youtube vids be my teacher or just cause someone made a documentary on something i dont regard it as real

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Funny you mention that , one day well looking for " my own news " I stumbled across this little website , what was it called now? Ah yes it was called Above Top Secret

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Good point , lets just hope everyone can use that same kind of personal judgment with all news sources , not just ATS .

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but I check ATS to see if the Zombie Apocalypse has begun!!!! BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I check cnn to see if nukes have gone off, but if they do I will check ATS next to see who, where, and why!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Every day, and most days several times a day.

I look more for the signs which prompt me to understand my intuition and often just finding out the information shared here is enough to calm me down.

Forinstance I get the feeling not to go swimming off shore where you later read, "Great White shark located off..."

Or heads up on fuel costs, UFO rashes, political insides, and the like. The best part is that with such a diverse group here, I can get the latest breaking from around the world, and that I LOVE.

When the earth quake was 'happening' in the UK last winter, I was in chat and experienced it with at least one MOD (asala) and countless others from around the epicenter. It was like sharing the experience.

Then when the fires in Cal. happened last year so many reports from locals kept truly abreast with the first hand information of how the people were being treated and that was an incredible time too.

If all hell breaks out you better believe I will come here first for the news.

Not only that but to lend support to my friends and family here.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yep I too check ATS many times a day for WW3 info .... although I think it started back when we invaded Iraq.

I'd also suggest checking out english.aljazeera.net... to see what the "other side" is saying about us.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
it's one of the three places i check first for sure. people seem to really be on the ball here as far as breaking news. thanks too!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
No, I check George Ure to see if WWIII has started yet, as well as his own personal insights.

Heck, if it were reported here first, we'd all debunk it, crying out for absolute proof and calling the mushroom clouds photos CGI!

I come to ATS because I think the people that frequent this site are on the pulse of things outside of mainstream media, and I above all, want to know what people THINK, not what they can prove.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

no.. I dont check ATS to see if a world war has started.. but I do check it to see if rainbows are real.. or if dragonflys are government spycams....or if were being eaten by aliens.. or who the anti-christ is this week, and cant forget about the 9/11conspiracy, lately.. there have been the stupidest threads put out there... I swear .. ATS is being taken over by the collective 10yr olds.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I used to keep my tv on all day, tuned to cnn just in case but it died so, yes, now I check recent posts to see if anyone posted something about bombings,

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i go to commondreams.org first. good unfiltered news minus the high school conspiracists.

top topics

join