It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Two Gays Only Count as One Parent, Therefore they shouldn't be able to adopt':McCain

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

spacedoubt said,

If you don't believe homosexuality is a good thing, you have "homophobia". That is a LABEL, and an unfair one at that.

Do you work at fox ?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm

spacedoubt said,

If you don't believe homosexuality is a good thing, you have "homophobia". That is a LABEL, and an unfair one at that.

Actually, I believe "homophobia" works as a word to describe most of these people too.

www.badmouth.net...

www.mydd.com...

So, yeah, it fits. It doesn't mean they have a "phobia" (fear) against other gays. It means they have a "phobia" of realizing they are gay themselves.

[edit on 7/19/2008 by Griff]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

I defended labeling people as such Swingarm. I do not know why you made this reply to me. If you have a problem with what that user labeled people as reply to them.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by djerwulfe

Aw, you didn't look ...
entered "selection in humans" into google...
Links:

science.cnpg.com...

www.bio-medicine.org...
ETC., ETC.,

These examinations are not the final say in this scientific matter. I thought you meant something more concrete entirely. Sorry for wasting your time.

Anyway I have looked, I simply have a life and do not have the time to weed through google for scientific examination that fits your theorizing.
This has yet to play a significant role in anything regarding our species I've learned, perhaps it will when more concrete theorizing has been put into paper and updated in text books.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidTheBrit0

Seriously, shouldn't they at least do a study or something before jumping to conclusions?

They have done several around the globe stating basicly the same thing you did.

Here is a link to some studies: www.apa.org...

I'll warn you know that if you go in search of such information out side of the US things can get complicated, read carefully. While studying this topic I realized in several countries people confuse their documentation about homosexuality often thinking they refer to it as a disease when they are really talking about a mental disorder label used in other countries to define those who deny their sexuality.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

????????????
These studies aren't the final say.
But representative of the mainstream academic/science community view on the subject.
There was no digging to fit my "theory." They were the first two results of a google search.
You need to understand population genetics. Then this isn't a question, really. I made no value call. All I did was echo the middle-of-the-road science on the subject.
If a trait exists, there must be a reason for it.
And you won't waste my time again.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
ah, the ignorance that flows out of McCain's scripted words. he can't think for himself, obviously the reason why he follows the rules of the bible. apparently if two gay people can love each other, then they have the ability to love another person that enters their lives. from personal experience, gay people are more optimistic and content with their lifestyles. i'm not trying to say all of them are, but many. thus, if they want to adopt a child who has already underwent a lot in their life from parental abandonment, they should be allowed to. to be frank, this shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
"I strongly am against gay adoption. The kid should not have to go through that."

Go thru what? Being cared for by two loving parents rather than shipped from foster home to home care, with the possibility of abuse in some or living their entire childhood in a orphanage never being loved at all.

I would so much rather a child be brought up and loved by a gay/lesbian couple than grow up never having or being loved by a parent.

I bet if you asked a kid who has been in shuffled around foster care for a few years then adopted by a loving gay/lesbian couple which they would prefer, the answer would be the gay/lesbian parents!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join