It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be no uprising in America.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here's some simple advice on topic about America:
1. prepare for the worst
2. hope for the best

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Because instead of having a critical opinion of our country you should mindlessly praise it and pretend things have not and are not currently going poorly for many people? Ignore the fact that during our history when people are pushed hard enough by the government they get tired of it and push back? Your way of thinking is why people allow history repeats itself. Next time a person shows up who is reminiscent of Hitler in Germany you can tell those citizens not to get their panties in a twist.

Things are going wrong in this country; people who are comfortable such as you will ignore that until it affects them. The more people affected by the war, economy, or a disaster the more people will respond. Such as those who were being contained with out due process. No one really starts to care until the government is snatching up you or a family member of yours and holding them in containment, while experiencing mental and physical torture. The more people who are government treated unjustly, the more suites were filed against the government.
The Supreme Court voted in favor of those whose rights were abused, so I am in agreement with you that the government as a whole is not “evil”. But like any other government on this planet there is a mess of corruption existing among us and plenty of politicians who we elect to speak for us, who do not.

We are the true bosses, we run the show—so until we hold the people we put in to power to the standards we’d like them to rule our country by we have no one to blame but ourselves, but obediently submitting to our government, denying its wrong doings and flaws, and supporting lies and corruption does absolutely nothing to solve our problems.

Your argument has no sustenance. It gives no useful input. It only tackles your view of the world, and your description of the now and a future that has not happened yet. It is no more thought provoking, encouraging, or meaningful than those who blindly cry “a revolution is coming!”

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
One rule.. you can’t ignore reality, meaning you cannot ignore bailouts (for financial theories), Government responses to emergency, cause and effect, the ingenuity of Americans, or most important of all human nature, compassion and reason.

You continue to turn a blind eye to things that are right in front of your face ... if you don't want to see them, you won't.

Why does the government continue to spy into our lives with phone taps, email, what we read, what we watch, what we buy? Are we really that threatening to them? Why do they continue to erode our liberties little by little? Why do they continue to sign resolutions into order that enable them near dictatorial power?

Now the economy is hitting the bottom? Followed by the government "bailouts" .... which is really just the government stepping-in, taking control of the bank/lender and usually dividing it up amongst the already ultra rich industry leaders? In my book, that's called Soft Fascism or Corporatism, not Capitalism.

Sounds like a plan to erode the middle class and make the wealthy even wealthier. And keep the power where it is.

Why are there REX-84 camps?

Yup. I'm one of those "crazy crack-pots" that like to garden. Umm, basil and tomatoes. Have fun guessing which of your store-boughts are contaminated with salmonella. And, I don't mind having arms and ammunition .. just in case the economy falls out completely and my neighbors start salivating for my basil.

No. I don't expect to see our economy fall out. I don't expect to see Americans rounded up and placed in camps. But, the government has given me every reason to anticipate it. So, don't blame me because the administration can seize control of the congressional and judicial branches on a whim. Don't blame me because I know REX-84 camps have existed for a long time ... designed specifically for AMERICANS. Don't blame me when I hear all the Iranian rhetoric and see another war on the horizon and look at an economy I don't think can handle another conflict. The government sure as hell isn't doing much to end this war and recover the economy.

So, why don't you give me a reason why I should go on about my daily life as if nothing is wrong with paying $4/gallon for gas and $2.50/loaf of bread? Why shouldn't I worry about our government bombing Iran?

You ask for a plausible scenerio (based on reality) in which such a collapse/round-up could happen? There could be thousands based on the actions and measures passed by this administration. This thread is no better than those doom and gloom prediction threads.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

In the case of the Government against "us"...

This country is made up of people just like you and me (ok, well not exactly, they are mostly fairly normal) The Police, Firemen, National Guard and 4 branches of the Military, Congressmen and city council men are people, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, uncles aunts, sons and daughters.

They are the “THEY” many of you speak poorly of…

The government isn’t some separate entity, the military isn’t somehow detached from the rest of us, they ARE us. Why is this so hard for many of you to grasp? For all the evil predictions to come true, this meltdown and “fall of America” to come to pass, those same Police, Firemen, national Guard and 4 branches of the Military, Congressmen and city council men would have to somehow forget or not care that they.. are us.

And that isn’t going to happen.

There aren’t enough people like us on ATS in America to cause this kind of disharmony.

Yeah...what he said.

This is the crux of the whole thing. There are plots, definitely. But only those that can achive very limited goals of wealth, revenge, etc. A massive government action against the masses can not and will not ever happen in this country. Our history, our level of education, our wealth, our type of liberty, and our collective experience as a nation makes us very different, culturally, from other societies that have succumbed to the type of oppression the OP is talking about.

Good post

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

BRAVO! - Everything she said - Very well put and welcome to ATS, you are in good company!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Your way of thinking is why people allow history repeats itself. Next time a person shows up who is reminiscent of Hitler in Germany you can tell those citizens not to get their panties in a twist.

Please give evidence of how the current status of the United States resembles anything remotely like Hitler's Germany. Or were you just fear mongering? Also, nice job knocking down the straw man argument about people not being allowed to be critical of the country. No one said people shouldn't be critical - it was said that people should intelligently be critical, and not preach doom and gloom without a strain of evidence or reason.

Things are going wrong in this country; people who are comfortable such as you will ignore that until it affects them.

What a nice way to dismiss everyone who disagrees with you: if you don't agree, its just because YOU have it easy! How perfectly convenient for you. On the same token, I would say everyone who is seeking to blame their problems on everyone else is what is wrong in this country; people who constantly blame the government ignore the own role they play in their lives and dismiss everyone else who does otherwise.

The more people affected by the war, economy, or a disaster the more people will respond. Such as those who were being contained with out due process.

Like whom? You mean suspected terrorist detainees whom the Supreme Court of the united States gave due process rights?

No one really starts to care until the government is snatching up you or a family member of yours and holding them in containment, while experiencing mental and physical torture. The more people who are government treated unjustly, the more suites were filed against the government.

What on earth are you talking about? What United States citizen has been snatched up by the government and held in containment and tortured? If you think the number of law suits has anything to do with government treatment, I'm not sure what to say.

We are the true bosses, we run the show—so until we hold the people we put in to power to the standards we’d like them to rule our country by we have no one to blame but ourselves, but obediently submitting to our government, denying its wrong doings and flaws, and supporting lies and corruption does absolutely nothing to solve our problems.

In other words, you'd prefer a Government for You instead of Government for the People. Because its not really about how the people want the show to be run - the people vote - and how government is currently run is the will of the people - they do not vote the politicians out of office.

Your argument has no sustenance. It gives no useful input. It only tackles your view of the world, and your description of the now and a future that has not happened yet. It is no more thought provoking, encouraging, or meaningful than those who blindly cry “a revolution is coming!”

Yours is even more devoid of sustenance. It adds nothing. It parrots your worldview, your description of doom and gloom which is not reflective of reality. It is you screaming "THE GOVERNMENT SUCKS! ITS HORRIBLE" - this is not thought provoking, nor really unique on ATS. In fact, its just a repeat of the group think on ATS - the government sucks, we have it horrible, its all someone elses' fault, etc.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by gormly

and any given day there are 2 dozen posts like this going on.

this site is for alternitave topice. if you dont like it leave. and dont let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out, because i dont want a$$ prints on my door.

why join a conspricy site if you dont want to read this "crap", as you put it.

or is this thread just a sad attempt for you to get points?

Actually not true. This is only one of a handful of post like this that have ever been posted on this site. As for why come, heck some conspiracy theories may have some kind of merit to them. At the very least they should be discussed and argued. What is the point of having a consiracy site if someone posts something and there is no view from the other side. That would make for a lame site. You want to see thread where someone posts a theory or conspiracy and every single person agrees with that. This site is probably the most crediable conspiracy site out there.(if that is possible with a conspiracy site) It has views from both sides. But somewhere along the line these predicitions and threads have got out of control. Take yesterday for example. A poster states that dragonflys are actually spy cameras that are spying on everyday americans. Now may the OP on the topic is a real important guy (must be to have dragonfly cam spying on him) but the cost alone of this type of operation would make it impossible. You think the government can make those cameras for a few bucks. There very well might be a dragonfly cam out there, but i can assure you it is not used to spy on members of ATS or any other average american. Come on.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness

Please give evidence of how the current status of the United States resembles anything remotely like Hitler's Germany.

en.wikipedia.org...

On January 24, 2006 Halliburton’s subsidiary KBR (formerly Kellogg, Brown and Root) announced that it had been awarded a $385 million contingency contract by the Department of Homeland Security to build "temporary detention and processing facilities" or internment camps. According to Business Wire, this contract will be executed in cooperation with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District. Critics point to the Guantanamo Bay detention camp as a possible model. According to a press release posted on the Halliburton website, "The contract, which is effective immediately, provides for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities to augment existing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Detention and Removal Operations (DRO) Program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs. The contingency support contract provides for planning and, if required, initiation of specific engineering, construction and logistics support tasks to establish, operate and maintain one or more expansion facilities."[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill. Section 1076 of the new law changes Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widens the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." The new law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."

The 2008 Defense Authorization Bill, H.R. 1585, repeals the changes made in the 2007 bill, [3] but was pocket vetoed by President George W. Bush. [4] A new bill, H.R. 4986, has been passed which also repeals the changes made in the 2007 bill. [5]

The 2007 Defense Authorization Bill, with over $500 billion allocated to the military, and which also contained the changes to the Insurrection Act of 1807, was passed by a bipartisan majority of both houses of Congress: 398-23 in the House and by unanimous consent in the Senate.[1] In order for military forces to be used under the provisions of the revised Insurrection Act, the following conditions must be met:

(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--

(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--

(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and

(ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or

(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).

(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition that--

(A) so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or possession, as applicable, and of the United States within that State or possession, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State or possession are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

(B) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

What on earth are you talking about? What United States citizen has been snatched up by the government and held in containment and tortured?

Ed and Elaine Brown

Mod Edit: Proper Quoting. Please review this link.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How dare you talk about my Country the USA this way. People are still jumping our boarders to get here because of the oppurtunities available in this fine country. I live in Dayton, Ohio a dying river city town that is losing more blue collar jobs than you can shake a stick at! However, the educated, well to do people are still make a good midwestern living.

I just got back from a weekend vacation to Santa Barbara, California and let me be the first to say, people are living very nice lives in California. The mexicans have good paying under the table jobs and are also living a very decent life. Compared to what I hear living conditions in Mexico are I can see why their people are coming across the boarder in record numbers. The Mexicans are doing the jobs that us "Americans" will not or choose not to do. They are nanny's, farmer hands, construction workers, small business owners (agriculture), taxi drivers, maids, cleaners, and much more. Truth be told, they come because there are jobs available. Californians use them for everything. Cheap, good labor. People are stupid rich in California.

They dont complain about the pay because where they come from they have NOTHING. Americans feel that they are entitled to a piece of the pie and will not work for $25,000 a year.

The mexicans will work for $10 an hour, under the table and live up to their means. They dont drive flashing cars, most drive old pick up trucks or older early 90's cars which they can work on themselves. They live in 2 bedroom apartments 10 deeps and do not complain. They dont eat fast food, they dont wear name brand. They dont waste money! They work and rest. Then work again. Whatever money they have, they send back to Mexico to help their families make ends meet. They see their families once a year. THEY SACRIFICE, and yet they have everything they ever wanted.

Americans get too caught up in having "creature comforts" such as Cable TV, High Speed Internet, cars, houses, DVD's, CD's, AC, etc.

Americans are ruining america, not the government! There are so many oppurtunities here, if your city is down, then move. Find work somewhere else. In America's past people trekked 2000 miles to California to start a new life. There are jobs available, but when people refuse to work and use are social programs because of it, it hurts everyone!

This website has been steadily getting worse and worse. A bunch of Cry Babies who feel everybody owes them something. Let me be the first to say, you are not owed anything! Shut up and find a job! Its not my fault that you smoked weed,drank beers, and chased tail when you should have been educating yourself, your fault, not mine.

Remember, not everybody can be upper class. Face it, you may never be a millionaire! If you missed your oppurtunity to be educated, take a low level job and learn it better than anyone else, make friends and network yourself up the ladder. It takes longer, but it will pay off in the end. We dont need steel mills and assembly lines in America. We are done with that wasteful sector. We have moved on!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

throughout history things like (it) have happened, so how can you say it wont happen, while i agree that it seems to turn into an america sucks rant at times, it does appear that alot of things are happening, not just in america, but worldwide, just like always. so if everything is going just like it has throughout history, what makes you think that (it) wont happen? i agree though that nothing big is going to happen, at least not anytime soon. what about in 5 years? how about 10? its not a matter of how it will happen, or is it going to happen.....but when will (it) happen. peace

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

How BIG of an event do you need to change your mind? Right now, customers of IndiMac Bank are PISSED, just a tad shy of the 'mob mentality' over the fact FDIC and bank employees are NOT letting everyone come in and withdraw their money. Here...don't take my word for it, see it with your own eyes/hear it with your own ears.

IndiMac Bank (Almost a RIOT here!)

Bank Failures

How about the DOW?

Ethanol implementation in fuel causes shortage of corn supplies world wide

Rice In Short Supply

Like I said...HOW much PROOF do you require to open your eyes?
I've got plenty more, I just hate rubbing this in the faces of those of us on ATS who 'KNOW' there is a problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There wouldn't be an uprising because enough people wouldn't be allowed to congregate. There could be an insurgency however.

Most people would rather be at home watching Big Brother anyways. How ironic is that??

We are a nation for the McFly and by the McFly.

Peace

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

Please give evidence of how the current status of the United States resembles anything remotely like Hitler's Germany.
Where did I say it did?
Or were you just fear mongering?
Apparently you need to put words in others mouths to create an argument?
if you don't agree, its just because YOU have it easy!
I never said that either. I was simply suggesting the OP may be against the thought of citizen back lash because they do not live in the climate of tensions others do.
people who constantly blame the government ignore the own role they play
I stated something similar in my post, acknowledging blame on many sides of the argument, including the citizens.
Like whom? You mean suspected terrorist detainees whom the Supreme Court of the united States gave due process rights?
Do you often answer your own questions? You do realize many of the people detained for months were cleared of all charges, this is why the courts decided those people deserved the right to have actually done something that would warrant an arrest, or evidence that would lead to the need for immediate detaining of said person. The government could not even prove that every individual in the slightest had committed a crime or conspired in a way that required their arrest, can you?
What on earth are you talking about? What United States citizen has been snatched up by the government and held in containment and tortured? If you think the number of law suits has anything to do with government treatment, I'm not sure what to say
Again, what are you talking about? You often misconstrue or miscomprehend my post. Read it again and if you still do not understand I will carefully clarify based on your ability to comprehend.
In other words, you'd prefer a Government for You instead of Government for the People. Because its not really about how the people want the show to be run - the people vote - and how government is currently run is the will of the people - they do not vote the politicians out of office.
How exactly do the people currently run the show? If the people currently ran the show the people in office with negative ratings above 70% would be out. The Bush Administration would have been kicked to the curb. If people ran the show the president’s impeachment would be put up to vote by the people, for wrong doings committed against the people.
Yours is even more devoid of sustenance.
An opinion derived from someone with minimal comprehension skills, I can live with that. 
description of doom and gloom
Where do I describe doom and gloom? Being dramatic are we?
"THE GOVERNMENT SUCKS! ITS HORRIBLE"
I never said that, in fact I argued against it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

That is the most intelligent thing I have ever heard on this board. I couldn't agree more. I wonder how many of these anti government, world is going to end,nazi america believers are actually happy with their work and family life, or their over all satisfaction of their life in general. The USA gives everyone the opportunity to succeed more than any other country. I feel bad for the people who can't take advantage of it, but it has worked out well for me and millions of others. I have a feeling alot of the NWO, Government's going to round of americans and put them in camps are having a hard time financially and believe nothing seems to go right in their lives. So they need to deflect and blame our government.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

And this is what happens when you rely on wikipedia to do your research.

None of that resembles anything like Hitler's Germany, although I understand you want it to be so.

1) The US government has always used contractors to build and run government services, although it has become more vogue in the past 30 years or so. Building facilities to hold illegal immigrants is not concentration camps. Illegal immigrants have to be held somewhere for a short length of time before they are flown back to their country of origin. This is in contrast to Hitler's concentration camps, wherein people were put in for no reason and they had no intention of coming out alive.

2) The President has always had the ability to deploy troops for a short length of time, which Congress can recall at any point in time. I'd add that almost every industrialized country with a chief executive has this power.

3) You are delusional if you think putting someone on trial for tax crimes after they go for years and never pay any of their taxes somehow constitutes "torture."

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Oh this is to funny. This is exactly why you directly quote people, because once its revealed they have no backup for their beliefs they sometimes try to directly deny what they just said. You see your own words in quotes above my response? Yeah, nice try. Going "OMG I NEVER SAID THAT" isn't going to work. Denial...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah lets be mediocre minds as usual. Well, look at the past and Africa...how poor they were/are. So, we should just accept things and be thankful for what we have while we get robbed and the top int'l banksters are worth Trillions. Sorry, my vision is a world a bit more enlightened.

I dont think the past is comparable. We have like 6.7 billion people now and exploding industry. Resources my friend. Thats the key. And its all getting stressed. Theres like 101 problems all converging right now and we should just believe, oh it will all rebound as usual and work it out.

Try reading up on complexity theory, then you'd know. Its getting so complex now, the system has to evolve or it will get ugly.

Nobody says if it doesnt happen by 2009 we all look like idiots. We arent setting dates, just watching trends.

We arent saying things cant get work out and get solved either. ITs that history shows the elite throw tantrums and now they have scary scary technology. So it could get extremely ugly. I think this point in evolution is always very dangerous.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

You miss quoted me several times darl'in. Yes I am quoted above your statements, but your statements do not reflect what I have said. If you'd like to try again, I'm all ears (or should I say eyes). Otherwise what can I say? I can not argue with you when I agree with things you state yourself in my own post. I also noticed you did not repsond to my post fully, why not? Have trouble handling it with out misconstruing it?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TroyB
How BIG of an event do you need to change your mind? Right now, customers of IndiMac Bank are PISSED, just a tad shy of the 'mob mentality' over the fact FDIC and bank employees are NOT letting everyone come in and withdraw their money. Here...don't take my word for it, see it with your own eyes/hear it with your own ears.

Yes, this is called public stupidity. Anyone can withdraw their money, online, for free. Although as IndyMac is now the safest bank in the country, people would be stupid to (see first sentence). People know this, but they want to show up at IndyMac to be part of the drama so they can claim "they were there" during a bank failure.

Also, bank failures? Has happened 3,500 times since the FDIC began. No hysteria ensued. DOW? Whats the issue? Markets go up, markets go down. Rice shortages? OH NO! I CAN ONLY BUY 50 POUNDS OF RICE AT SELECTED STORES!

You offered no proof, you offered media attempts at fear mongering.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
[edit on 15-7-2008 by tide88]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join