It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aokigahara - Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I learnt about this place after an art lecture... one of my lecturers visited and said it's a very negative place.

It's a forest at the foot of Mt. Fuji, and people go there to commit suicide.

Have any ATSers been here?

Apparently spirits can be seen there. Coincidentally, while exploring there, my lecturer and his party discovered a body.

I looked on the site and didn't see any threads about this.

There isn't much information about it on the web either. I''m curious to know what other people know / have experienced about this place.

Thanks everyone!

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Vilyariel]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I've been there.

I was exploring the area a few years back after a climb of Fuji. Saw a few cars at the roadside, and a hiking trail, so we decided to have a look.

Wandered in for a little bit, and got a bit freaked out after seeing a couple of offerings (people leave sake and flowers where people have died). Just did not seem to be a happy place, even before that. We turned around and left.

About a year later, I saw something on TV about it - they have squads of volunteers who patrol the area, trying to talk people out of suicide. Was the first I'd heard of it from that angle. I'm fairly certain that there's some kind of folklore surrounding the place that makes it a suicide destination, kind of like throwing yourself off the golden gate bridge or something.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Actually the Sci Fi Channel show "Destination Truth" was just there not too long ago and captured some video regarding this place. I watched the episode last night and what appears to be a full body apparition flashes up from nowhere and disappears seconds later. I'll post a link when the video gets onto the site.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Apparently in 2002 they found about 78 dead bodies there. Its just weird, and why anyone does it in THIS forest is beyond me. I just read an article about it. Definetly weird.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It is known as the "Suicide Forest." Bodies been found since 50's and the number keeps growing each year. People usually hang themselves on a tree, and police place a ribbon on the tree where the body was found.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I just did the Fuji climb a few months back and didn't know about this. Now I have to go back. Absolutely beautiful area, I'd go there to kill myself too.

new topics

top topics

join