It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children are being overly SPOILED! lazy & selfish

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Perhaps, but what of it?

If any of the dire predictions on this site are correct, economic disaster, famine, war, removal of habeas corpus, etc, then people's attitude will change very quickly.

The world always normalizes one way or the other, and much is the same of societies. Generations swing many ways, and this is simply one of them.

I treat my children like I was treated. They talk back to me and they find out very quickly how much they won't like the response.

Additionally, I am never afraid to tell a child (any child) when they are being rude, nasty, or obnoxious. Control what you can, leave what you can't.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Hayden Pantierre. She is a good role model for girls. She is a star, but doesn't go for the party scence like Paris, ect., and she has strong moral values. Did any of you catch the video of Hayden trying to stop dolphins from being murdered? She was genuine. More 'good' girls like her in the spotlight and it could possibly make a difference!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have a perfect example of this. I live with my boyfriend and his parents and his little brother. His problem is 18 years old. What ive seen living in this house for 3 years has been CRAZY.

His brother gets anything he wants. And I mean anything. This kid is so spoiled that if you were to meet him for the first time, you would think he had a mental disorder because he acts exactly like a 6 year old boy.

While James growing up had to quit school to work to help his parents pay bills, and STILL have to help his parents pay bills (which is why we live here), his 18 year old brother is exempt from all of it.

They spoiled this kid so much he has not one single friend, and only left the house maybe 5 times over this whole year. His average day is waking up at 5pm, playing videos till midnight, and then on the computer until 5 am.

I actually caught him and his mom cuddling on several different occasions. CUDDLING!!! I couldnt believe it.

Two christmas's ago we didnt have enough money to get him the game system(s) he wanted and the video games he wanted right, his mom felt horrible about it and was crying because she felt bad, because this kid had the audcaity to say to her "This Christmas is going to suck this year. I dont want anything but game systems. So just forget about it."

If we're not having something he likes for dinner, all hell breaks loose, and he will whine until someone goes to a fast food restaurent to get him what he wants.

This kid lacks any empathy and has no idea what the real world is like. If he were ever to have to live on his own or get into a tricky situation, he would have no idea what to do, because his mom has sheltered him his whole life.

And not only does this lady spoil her child, but she went way too far with mine.

She actually bought my 2 year old a 400 dollar battery powered car but Toys R Us a few days ago. I flipped out. A 2 year old child does NOT need a 400 dollar toy. And she didnt even bother to ask me if I wanted him to have it in the first place.

Spoiled kids get nowhere in life. These parents think deep down there helping the child, but what theyre doing is crippling them for life.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Just like you’d rather pay the price and be *poor* and in a *shack* (as you said) and have time with your family, you’ll also not hesitate to put your *money* (possible job loss) where your mouth is and don’t brown nose and take risks by telling the truth as you see it.

My hat’s off to you!

*High Five*!

peace

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
I would love to blame the kids for this in its entirety but that is not the case. The parents could be blamed for not stopping it or enforcing better behavior but they might fight a meaningless battle.

I agree. And I agree with the OP. MOST kids today, I don't even want anything to do with them. They haven't been taught anything about respect.

And I'd like to add that not ALL children are sickeningly spoiled brats. I have 2 nieces (sisters) in their 20s who were raised differently than most kids today. And while they did have cell phones and computers, they earned their privileges and had consequences to their actions. They are now both productive members of society. One's a teacher and the other is still in college. While they were somewhat "spoiled" they are motivated and generous, respectful and loving.

What's the difference between these girls and most "kids" today? The parents. I put the blame on the parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join