It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone give me an Idea of what I saw?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ok so its exactly 12 am July 15th as I write this, however what I saw was only 2 1/2 hours ago...July 14th at approx 930pm CDT. I went outside my work to take a smoke break and as per my usual looked up into the night sky. From where I am at there are several street lights around so Ive alot of Light pollution, however what I saw really caught my attention. Looking to the northern sky I saw a noticeably bright amber coloured light moving slowly across the sky about 2 handwidths up from the horizon and moving west to east. Since its night Ive no real way of telling how high up the object was or how far away it was but I did notice a couple of details. First was its slow motion. Ive lived near large and small airports almost my whole life and I can tell when I see an airplane or helicopter moving and this was definatly slower. Also there were no blinking or flashing lights as usual per a airplane or airliner. There was also no sound. Im in a mostly rural area and theres not alot of car or "city" noise around..just crickets and frogs and the occaisional coyote. This thing seemed less than a mile away but again as I said there was no sound..not a burr from a prop plane, not a chop like from a helicopter or a rumble as from a airliner. The object was an intense amber colour and gave me the imression it was round in shape. I could not make out any details to it other than the vague shape and its color. Did I see a UFO? or is there something I dont know about that looks like this? Its movement was steady and slow..took about 10 mins to cross the sky from horizon to horizon. Can anyone please give me an Idea about what this coulda been. I do believe people have seen UFOs before Im just not sure Im ready to believe I saw one myself. Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Did you see an object with an amber light on it or just an amber light? I apologize if I didn't read your post carefully enough.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
How come whenever someone posts these stories they are always 'outside having a smokebreak' specifically..seems to be a pattern of stories from newbies with a wacky tale of generic events, smells fishy to me IMHO no offense..

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ksavoy30

I think that people see things when they are out on smoke breaks because that is when they are outside. You are far more likely to see something when you can actually see the night sky.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
was it perhaps a hot air balloon that was hit by the sunset?
I'm just saying, is all.
Those move pretty slow in my experience, and don't make much noise when they're coasting.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

The secret to Real Est... errr, UFO identification is location, location, location!

As in, what was yours at the time of the sighting, if you don't mind? GPS coordinates are good. A nearby city or town will also work also if you don't want to be specific.

10 minutes is a pretty pedestrian pace. Sounds like something terrestrial.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Search for Starlike Objects Moving In The Night Sky by justjoemusic. That should shed some light on this. I saw one about a week ago. They're here, and they're ready to make contact. We just need to wake up.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Im in Oklahoma in a town called Pryor, I dont know how to get GPS coordinates...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

ya know I actually had thought of that, but to me the object seemed to actually be its own source of light and not a reflection. I dunno...Ive never seen anything like this so I am just really wondering here..

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Duane Barry

I couldnt agree with you more, I have a job where I can take frequent smoke breaks and I have to take it outside. I am more often than not working the evening shift, so I think it makes sense that if one were to see an object of unknown origin, one wold have more of a chance of seeing one in such a circumstance. Im not making claims that I saw a Alien spacecraft here, I just dont know what this was.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Duane Barry

What I saw seemed to be just an amber light that was moving what I took to be unusually slow. As I stated in my OP Ive lived near airports for quite some time ( even an airforce base ie. Tinker AFB) and Im used to seeing the lights of aircraft and their movements. This didnt move in such a way as to lead me to think it was a normal aircraft. The slow movement of it seemed really out of place.

join