It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Ron Paul March For Liberty

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I do not care if you vote for RP,I don't care if you like him or not.What bothers me is to take his words and give falce meaning to his message.You are free to believe that the sky is green but it doesn't mean that it is.Now I may have "miss read" your post regarding your grandparents but as I recall you mentioned that they thought he was nuts and I don't have the time to go back and re-read that post right now so I will save that for later.As for a good debate I do not see one since it takes at least two people who are willing to put forth information to support thier ideas and beliefs;and you have simply not done that.Every thing posted so far has only been your ideas,not one fact to support your mind-set.My mind is open,not closed.So if you care to defend your ideas I am game.If not thats fine and I will continue to think you live in a glass house.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beammeup

and give falce meaning to his message

How so, I can interpret his message anyway I like, care to counter my interpretation with any solid if you feel the need to question it?

put forth information

What information about Paul have you put forward to counter why I do not wish to vote for him? I gave an example, including his pro-life stance. Many disagreed; this does not make my opinion invalid.

defend your ideas

I’ve defended why I do not wish to vote for Paul, it simply was not good enough for your standards, and I don’t have time to waste to be up to whatever standards those are.

Care to tell me in specific detail several reasons why you support Paul in-depth and what previous positions and bills has he supported to make you come to that conclusion?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler
reply to post by Blaine91555

Just to get this out of the way first, did you just call sit ins nonsense? I'm sure the brave people of the Civil Rights Movement would disagree with you.

Sorry, this thread slipped my mind.

We are not that far apart and you are talking to someone here who actually participated in sit-ins toward the end of that war.

Those sit-ins were more social affairs than anything. We arrived stoned and then had a big party afterward.

All I'm saying is we would have been more effective had we got the permits, respected other peoples right to enter their buildings and do their jobs and moved on when the police requested it. Of course had we not been interfering with other innocent peoples rights in the first place the Police would have left us alone. How do you think people felt when they were blocked from entering buildings or doing their jobs by a bunch of half stoned students protesting things they had no part in?

One thing we did right though, is we never got violent or fought back. We did however make fools of ourselves on a regular basis. We were normal for that age in that we thought older people were stupid sheep, but as we grew up ourselves we realized we had ignored lots of good advice because of our youth. All young people rebel, every generation. If there were no war right now, young people would find another cause, right or wrong.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

For one thing I don't care if you vote for him or not and am sick of hearing about it! I also never said I WAS voting for him.My stance has been from the get go is your wharped twist on his words and most importantly his message.As the saying goes "A tiger doesn't change it's stripes"Show me how you arrive at your conclusion that he is a liar,a fake,a nut.I base my opinion on his consistant history of past voting,his life and morals.For you to state the things you have you must believe all of the above.I really do not know to manny people who are as honest,ethical and have moral standards.The only real flaw I see that RP has is that he his nieve;but after this week I pray he wakes up.I just don't understand how you have arrived to the conclusions about him that you have.So far you haven't explained,I have over and over and my conclusion is you haven't really done your homework or would already undestand where I have been coming from.Too bad and so sad.Don't bother or waste your time to reply as it's a done deal w/you for me on my end as I have had enough and need to nurse the bumps on my head.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beammeup

your wharped twist on his words

How did I warp his word? I have formed an opinion based on his words. When did I say his words were my own? When did you counter what I said with anything credible? All you did was send your own opinion back my way, which is no more valid than mine. As for the rest of your post it was the same old blabbering BS. If you want to call me out on something I'm fine with that, but do it on something I've actually done, don't put words in my mouth and don't think I'm going to post based on your illogical standards.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join