It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Ron Paul March For Liberty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Look at the above I have more...it shouldnt make a difference if he was a candidate in fact that should give him MORE exposure. The fact that those were pro Israeli rallies is why that made the news. Who owns all the Media?????

The fact is I have shown that pathetic rallies have made news before and that is that point I am making. You are just trying to argue to argue which is what annoying about you. This is so cut and dry obvious its almost pathetic you can even try to argue but I know you will. Ill go to MSNBC next and find the 50 people rallies that make the news also. And no there was 10 to 15k there watch the videos. That was a good rally and should of made the news at least somewhere.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Attention Paulbots:

This is a perfect example of what I am talking about. One person supports Ron Paul but doesn't go along with the lunatic fringe, and the fringe rabidly attacks. This is why you keep losing. It has nothing to do with Ron Paul, and everything to do with your inability to accept that to gain popular support everyone isn't going to agree with you on everything. I am on your side, back off. Your failure to understand the concept of coalition building and your willingness to attack everyone who doesn't fit with your view exactly is EXACTLY why Ron Paul's attempts to get national attention have failed.

If your going to gang me I'm just going to leave the thread and your not going to have the opportunity to try to rip me to shreds. You'll all be left here back slapping each other about conspiracies your making up on how the mass media is out to get Ron Paul, which isn't nearly as much fun as trying to lynch me.

Originally posted by Techsnow
You yourself admit that this is a first. This is the first time in history that any presidential candidate has held a protest with thousands of supporters and marched down the streets of D.C. and you say this is no bigee.

That was funny. Do you have any idea how numerous ex-Presidential candidates are? And how many of them have been in countless protests with their supporters? Try just about EVERY ex-Green party candidate. This is not a first, no matter how bad you want it. Its quite normal, actually.

You say you support Ron Paul but I don't think you've done you're research.

That is funny. I do my research from real sources, not conspiracy blogs and websites. Do your research. From real sources.

the list goes on my firend, I think if you did a bit more research you would understand why some people are "radical" supporters.

Please do your research. Anyone whose read a political science theory book knows this sort of stuff happens routinely. Candidate platforms get taken over by singular issues or overran by ideologues, and the candidate loses appeal to the masses because his or her supporters have become so fringe they terrify normal people. This pattern happens quite a few politicians. Ron Paul is no different. Its still sad, though.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
In my previous post I pointed out why people support Ron Paul, as you put it, "radically". If you can't branch off of those examples then its obvious you're making no attempt.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Allow me to do a little research for you. Why don't you tell me what you think of this video?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I understand what YOU are saying totally and I partially agree. But I have shown you that the media has a bias against RP when you look at all the small rallies that make news and his does. When you look at the debates he gets held from...when you look at the rallies he gets held from. Its way to obvious.

BTW What radical fringe are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Freedom and Patriotism in America appear to have been limited to "permit required". In contrast the murder of another can be relegated to 15 to life. Gamble and show remorse. I would expect one would be released in 7-10 if compliant.

In the search for Freedom, Democracy, Truth we all struggle. But to struggle as if the hunter and not be allowed the rallying words, then are we not at ends with that basic tyranny that despondently crushes us?

So I say "Tally-Ho"... But before you set your hounds loose to recover your precious prize, do remember, your gait is but that which you have allowed. Your hounds are the fore runners, they wait for you to capture the prize.

Yes this is on my last thread. But no one seems to care that the little things add up to a very big bowl where we all just become "alphabet soup".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And Yes I know this is a very "christian" group, but Freedom Is Not Free. We Are Americans. We Are The People. United We Are Stronger Than Those Who Wish Us Less.

Take the time to read the Constitution and All it's Amendments. Know your rights and Know you own the Power and Priveledge of Being an American.

Truth, Democracy, Firmament. Peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
Attention Paulbots:

This is a perfect example of what I am talking about. One person supports Ron Paul but doesn't go along with the lunatic fringe, and the fringe rabidly attacks. This is why you keep losing. It has nothing to do with Ron Paul, and everything to do with your inability to accept that to gain popular support everyone isn't going to agree with you on everything. I am on your side, back off. Your failure to understand the concept of coalition building and your willingness to attack everyone who doesn't fit with your view exactly is EXACTLY why Ron Paul's attempts to get national attention have failed.

You really are an interesting Ron Paul supporter. Paul thinks that a financial meltdown is on the way, and the Fed is to blame. Yet on every economy thread going you call anyone who thinks the economy is in trouble a "doom and gloomer" and mock them. Why would you support Paul then? You obviously think hes a conspiracy nut. Are the people that agree with Paul on this the lunatic fringe you reference?

You also adamantly argue that Paul has always received fare coverage, without providing any evidence.. This is despite the fact that I have provided you with numerous links to media watchdog sites that say he was and is being ignored by the media. Instead of refuting this evidence, I believe your answer to it was that I am a paid DNC operative, right? Just in case you forgot this discussion, or anyone here would like to see the kind of person they are dealing with, heres the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

If your going to gang me I'm just going to leave the thread and your not going to have the opportunity to try to rip me to shreds. You'll all be left here back slapping each other about conspiracies your making up on how the mass media is out to get Ron Paul, which isn't nearly as much fun as trying to lynch me.

People are just refuting your claims, but if you can't handle it then leave. You are incapable of engaging in intelligent debate anyways. Instead, you will engage in ad hom attacks by calling everyone lunatics or kooks, and when people disprove your claims with evidence, you'll will repeat yourself or ignore them (as shown in the thread I posted above)

That was funny. Do you have any idea how numerous ex-Presidential candidates are? And how many of them have been in countless protests with their supporters? Try just about EVERY ex-Green party candidate. This is not a first, no matter how bad you want it. Its quite normal, actually.

What does this prove? I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet that the majority of the people posting on here expressing frustrations would argue the reason Paul isn't covered is because the media won't cover candidates that don't fit the agenda of the mainstream Republicans or Democrats. What you said is further proof the the MSM only covers the major two parties.

What you can't show is someone like a Giulilliani or a Huckabee or an Edwards going to a protest rally and not getting coverage. Mainly because they don't really go to protest rallies. If they did, I am sure there would be coverage.

That is funny. I do my research from real sources, not conspiracy blogs and websites. Do your research. From real sources.

Where are your sources then? You argued in the thread I posted above that nothing not reported in the MSM could be true, so I'm assuming your source is the very MSM that is being criticized by this thread. You also said that the MSM is so anti Bush and pro fear mongering that they would report anything that criticized Bush if it was remotely true. Then why not report on a rally where thousands of people are voicing outrage over the Presidents policies, and is being led by a congressman?

Please do your research. Anyone whose read a political science theory book knows this sort of stuff happens routinely. Candidate platforms get taken over by singular issues or overran by ideologues, and the candidate loses appeal to the masses because his or her supporters have become so fringe they terrify normal people. This pattern happens quite a few politicians. Ron Paul is no different. Its still sad, though.

But you argue that the media is all about doom and gloom, so why wouldn't they report on this fringe group that terrify normal people. Again, can you tell me what is the part of his platform that makes his supporters fringe?

You really are a frustrating person, because instead of having a constructive discussion, you call people names, refuse to listen to evidence, and you constantly contradict yourself from thread to thread. I would welcome a well thought out reply from you, but I have a hunch that won't happen.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

There you go again, showing that your a Democrat National Committee propagandist. Nice try at disinformation. Paragraph after paragraph of insults, propaganda, and not 1 strand of evidence.

Your an excellent example of why Ron Paul can't win - anyone who supports him and doesn't fit some paranoid narrow world view is told they are lying and don't really support them. That's a great way to gain support for your candidate. Of course, in your case, you don't really support him at all but are just trying to cause chaos and spread disinformation - but still, there are those like you who actually do support Ron Paul and do the same thing without the DNC's directions.

Please do your research, the amount of propaganda is laughable from you. Its like I'm reading from the DNC's daily talking points. Please let me know when you remove yourself from the DNC's employment or stop being their mouthpiece, then maybe you can conduct a reasonable conversation. Until then, just another party hack.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Thanks. I enjoyed watching Bill O. and Ron Paul.

My walkaway on that vid would be that Bill O. gave some extra time to Ron Paul in the end because Bill O. secretly agrees with Ron Paul.

Remember Bill O. loves to chum with the hip crowd..be they dems or rep.. and he seems to dig what Ron Paul had to say!!

Look at Bills eyes as Ron Paul speaks!!

Notice how at first they get big! Thats one of his tells!

[edit on 14-7-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
[SNIP]

Ron Pauls support is huge. It's as simple as that. Globally Ron Paul wins hands down. Ron Paul's momentum and support behind any other candidate would translate to a landslide victory. This is why he is censored by the media. This kind of candidate comes along very rarely and it's totaly obvious he's been shut out by the PTB

Edited out personal attack

[edit on 15/7/08 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

There's no doubt you are right. Anytime Ron Paul speaks in a congressional meeting or anywhere else people shut up and listen because he always comes prepared and he is going to ask the difficult questions. He is one of the smartest people I've ever had the privelage of listening to and he always knows what he's talking about.

He is one of the only people willing to take on the federal reserve and people follow in his wake because he gives people hope for America.

www.ronpaul.com...

-ChriS

[edit on 14-7-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Thanks for proving my point. You are incapable of an intelligent discussion, and refuse to look at evidence. Instead you assert that everyone who proves what you are saying as wrong as being on a payroll for the DNC.

I little background on me for people that may believe this smear attempt. I absolutely hate the two party system and hate the Democrats and Republicans equally. In fact, I find them both corrupt, and think they are actually just one party controlled by the same elites, and have been saying so ever since i joined ATS. I have never once defended the democratic party, yet Light still claims I am on the DNC payroll.

I would just like to ask my fellow ATSers to look at my posts and not believe this nonsense. It is not worth arguing with Light because he is not interested in facts, and he just wants to pick fights with people.

(btw, it took a lot for me to be polite writing this because I'm really fed up with this childishness)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The ignore button works well. Its not even worth it, you cant argue with a CI agent or the ridiculously stubborn.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Off-topic post removed.

[edit on 15/7/08 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It's not complicated.

The message that RP promotes is not one that the media wants to give coverage to.

Not only RP, no anti-war candidate had any coverage compared to whom the media refered to as front-runners.

Even Dennis Kuccinich, Gravel etc...

They got no coverage because of the message they had.

Fox News didn't want RP in any of the debates and we know this, Kuccinich launched a class action suit against Fox.

RP had an interiview with ABC, they didn't air and put it on the web instead. RP had an interview with Larry King live and it also didn't air on TV. There are other examples too of RP having interviews it only going on the web and stopping there. No TV air time

Am a conspiracy theorist now too?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
A crowd of 2,500 is laughably small. Even 10,000 would be small. Your going to have to get a lot larger crowds than that to get media attention. It has nothing to do with it being Ron Paul, it was a protest in a city where tens of thousands of people protest everything nearly everyday. It is not newsworthy.

And yet a protest organized by WTP had a smaller crowd (only a few hundred, little more than 3 busloads) & still got coverage by the Washington Post? So how do you figure that Ron Paul's march was "not newsworthy?"...Unless perhaps there is a conspiracy of bias to keep Dr. Paul out of widespread public awareness?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I was one of the "lunatics" at the march. I will take that as a complement since I dont see anything wrong with supporting my values. I also attended the previous rally in april. The rally was a great success in my eyes because we had about 10 fold more people than the 1st time. I think alot of people sat out on the march because it was so hot & humid also parking was a nightmare so many were late. Id guess about 4000 marching and about 10,000 on the capitol lawn when Paul spoke. Constitution Avenue is a very wide street and we filled it from one side to the other for 5 or 6 blocks during the march (maybe more I was near the rear of the march near the blimp and the crowd went as far as I could see). Sure there were a couple crazys, hippies & the over motivated, but only a few. You get that with every canidate or rally. The speakers were awesome as always I especially liked Adam Kokesh. He has great speaking ability. Dr. Paul was great too, he just never fails to amaze me with his humble charm and strait across mannor of speaking. He never talks in circles, or drones on & on without saying anthing like the other canidates or polititions in general.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Please keep all discussion on topic. Personal remarks or any sort of sniping will not be tolerated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join