It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Ron Paul March For Liberty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Media Ignores Ron Paul March For Liberty

www.infowars.net

Thousands of people marched peacefully in Washington D.C. on Saturday, to honor Texas Congressman Ron Paul's campaign for liberty, yet the mainstream media uniformly failed to issue a single written report on the event in its aftermath.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am not at all surprised that this got no spotlight by mainstream media.

There will be more rallys
Hopefully they will get the shine they deserve

www.infowars.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The media shun on Ron Paul is proof in my mind that he is still the real deal.

I added a short statement to TinWiki on this today.

Over ten thousand disheartened supporters of Ron Paul marched on Washington, DC on July 12th 2008 to express their anger over the lack of debate and media coverage Ron Paul received though out the primary race.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I hope I meet this man one day. He is the only one that I ever felt was legit, honest, intelligent, compassionate, and had enough wisdom to lead this country out of this mess.

for November.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul, its just so sad that some of his supporters are so rabid it ruins it for most people.

Washington, D.C. is home to protests just about every single day. Someone is always protesting something, and a few thousand people is nothing. There is a reason the news didn't cover it - its not newsworthy. Get a huge crowd, and then you get on the news. A few thousand protesters? Line up with the 100 other groups who are doing the same.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Are you forgetting the fact that this was a march created by a potential presidential candidate?! This isn't just you're joshmo rally...

On top of that, the numbers for the rally were in the 10,000 range!

I would say that deserves media coverage!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
I love Ron Paul, its just so sad that some of his supporters are so rabid it ruins it for most people.

Washington, D.C. is home to protests just about every single day. Someone is always protesting something, and a few thousand people is nothing. There is a reason the news didn't cover it - its not newsworthy. Get a huge crowd, and then you get on the news. A few thousand protesters? Line up with the 100 other groups who are doing the same.

There was almost 15k people there. If this was former presidential candidate Rudy it would of been on the news. If this was Hillary hosting a rally it would of made the news. I mean cmon man there is no denying at ALL this is a setup and there is a good reason they dont want this guy recognized. Instead they had all over the news about brangalinas baby. Ahhh typical.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I like Dr. Ron Paul, and most of his message.

But for the media not covering it... why would they? As people stated above, DC is home to a diffrent protest everyday... and unless its part of the Homosexual Agenda, the news inst going to cover it... thats just the way it works... if they have 5 homosexuals protesting, thats 'Headline News'...

Mabye if RP had 100K + on the streets, and stopped traffic, THEN, MABYE THEN, the media would have to pay attention...

But just a few thousand people... impresive.. but, not going to get reported...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The amount of people that were there rallied by a former presidential candidate is nothing small I assure you.

Any other former candidate would have gotten mass coverage

Obama sneezes and he's all over the media

Even Michael Scheuer the former CIA agent made a speech at this rally praising Dr. Paul.

There is no doubt that it was decided before the rally happened that there would be no media coverage on this, and I mean Nothing, no coverage at all. A Complete media blackout

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
On top of that, the numbers for the rally were in the 10,000 range!

Actually, it was more like 2,500 people. Even infowars, which is known to exaggerate crowd sizes when it involves someone like Ron Paul, says so. A crowd of 2,500 is laughably small. Even 10,000 would be small. Your going to have to get a lot larger crowds than that to get media attention. It has nothing to do with it being Ron Paul, it was a protest in a city where tens of thousands of people protest everything nearly everyday. It is not newsworthy.

This is why Ron Paul can never be taken seriously, because some "supporters" are to busy churning out conspiracies as to why he keeps losing and isn't covered in the media. If it wasn't for people like this, he'd actually have a chance at success. Whatever you do, please, don't do this kind of stuff to Bob Barr.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hmmm the top news over the past couple days are as follows

Brangalinas new babies....

The NBA referee who gambled.....

AROD and Madanna Affair......

a former presidential candidate has a rally to talk about peoples freedoms and rights....no where to be found....to me this says a lot about society today. No wonder there are so many sheeple. I still believe if it was Rudy Guliani or Mitt Romney who held the rally the news would of been ALL over it and that is a fact. There is a bias plain and simple as that. The same reason Chris Wallace would not allow him to debate even though he raised more money and had more votes than Rudy or the tax debates in Iowa they wouldnt allow him in ..or on and on...pathetic.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Thats not considering the amount of people that attended, there were said to be a total of 2,500 plus marching at one time but the total amount of people that showed up were in the 10,000 range.

That doesn't matter though, the whole point is this was a presidential candidate! Like previous posters have said, if this were any other that had run in the primaries that had done the same thing the media would be all over it!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
No, they wouldn't have. 2,500 or 10,000 its not newsworthy. It happens everyday. People spinning these crazy conspiracies are hurting him more than the media ever could. Its sad, watching people shot themselves in the foot. Paul really needs to seperate himself from the lunatic fringe if he is ever to be taken seriously again. They have ruined him, and its sad, because he does have a good message.

Name one rally this size held by Rudy Guliani or Mitt Romney, not in support of the current candidates, that got any media coverage.

I am beginning to wonder if the conspiracy is that someone is intentionally attaching the lunatic fringe to him in order for him to lose credibility. Its an excellent way to shut someone up, and most of his supporters would be none the wiser...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

None of those candidates has had a rally of this size since they dropped out of the race. While they were having rallies, they were pretty much all being covered.

On a side note, I can't help but notice that you claim that you are a Ron paul supporter, you just hate most of his other ones. Can you explain to me why you support Ron Paul? I am just curious.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So it's a conspiracy to create lunatic radical supporters for Ron Paul now?

Maybe the reality is he has radical supporters because his message is pure and true
Could it be true?

This wasn't just a rally, this was a march through the streets, don't confuse a presidential rally with a protest, a protest against lack of media coverage I should add, that has not failed to prove itself true yet again.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The media ignores anything that refers to the "un-popular" belief of freedom and inalienable rights. Slavery? Oh no, that was long ago and those were "black" people. I'm looking pretty dark these days. At least now maybe we can "all" agree on one belief. WE ARE ALL EQUAL, especially when we ALL are targeted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Again...rally, protest, doesn't matter. Its not newsworthy because there weren't that many people involved. There is a reason why no one can point to another former Presidential candidate who did anything similar and got coverage - because they didn't and the media would have never covered it so they were smart enough not to whine about it.

I support Ron Paul because I am a libertarian and he obviously is a libertarian's dream candidate. Small government and effective government. Unfortunately, hes garnered lunatic fringe support from those who don't care about his actual platform and are using him as their personal candidate to try to shove through their conspiracies about any number of things. If it wasn't for that fringe, he'd probably get a lot more coverage. He got elected to congress running on the fundamentals about what makes good government. Now, we can't even get to that because were to busy making up conspiracies about media blackouts. Like I said, please don't do this to Bob Barr...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness

Name one rally this size held by Rudy Guliani or Mitt Romney, not in support of the current candidates, that got any media coverage.

Ill name other rallys that made the news

A. Thousands hold rally to back Israel (Gee big surprise that made the news)
query.nytimes.com...

B.350 Trucks Hold Rally (Not that Im against this one)
www.foxnews.com...

C.Gee 1000 people at this rally
www.foxnews.com...

D. WOW Several Dozen at this rally
www.foxnews.com...

E.Getting higher we have 400 people at this rally
www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 14-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

There is a huge difference between a rally and a protest and I do hope you know that.

You yourself admit that this is a first. This is the first time in history that any presidential candidate has held a protest with thousands of supporters and marched down the streets of D.C. and you say this is no bigee.

You say you support Ron Paul but I don't think you've done you're research. You are basing you're support on the idea that he is a libertarian, which you obviously support. What you fail to realize is that Ron Paul recognizes many things that are going wrong in our government and he has stood firm in his belief and never changed.

He is against the IRS, central banks. He recognizes that the economy is in slums and is the only one in congress that has had the balls to speak openly about it.

He has admitted that the CFR is a fraud. He is opposed to the NAFTA...

the list goes on my firend, I think if you did a bit more research you would understand why some people are "radical" supporters.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Wrong. That was not a rally held by a former Presidential candidate, one just happened to be there. Along with actual figures of international prominence, and a crowd in the TENS OF THOUSANDS (far greater than 10,000). Want to get in the news? They had about 30,000 people, about the crowd size you need to get media attention. Anything less is childs play in terms of protests.

The rest of them didn't have any former Presidential candidates at them. See? You can't find any, but I can see your desperately trying.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join