It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy XIII Coming to XBox 360

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And on the SAME DAY as the PS3 release!

www.joystiq.com...

Sorry, Sony. The Xbox 360 is finally going to get a blockbuster RPG. Square has announced at the Microsoft press conference that Final Fantasy XIII is going to be released on Xbox 360 the same day as PS3 in North America and Europe. What a huge coup for Microsoft, and what a great piece of news for Xbox 360 owners who also happen to be great console RPG lovers.

And now I have 0 reasons to ever pick up a PS3.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm gonna laugh when it comes on 8 dvds for the 360 since a Blu Ray holds a ton more info then a HDDVD...

Oh and don't forget the red rings of death after about an hour of playing...

And the better graphics on the PS3....

And we'll see what wins.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
I'm gonna laugh when it comes on 8 dvds for the 360 since a Blu Ray holds a ton more info then a HDDVD...

Oh and don't forget the red rings of death after about an hour of playing...

And the better graphics on the PS3....

And we'll see what wins.

Does it matter who wins?

I dont know about anyone else, I dont give a crap about which console etc, I just wanna play games.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
figures

i bought a PS3 with my incentive check because i knew FF13 would be exclusive

now it appears as though i was wrong.

Maybe best buy will take back my PS 3

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
sigh
fanboys are ridiculous

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
And to think I got the PS3 MGS4 combo so I could play this down the line... had I known it was coming out for the 360 too... well, that might have impacted my choice.

Not that I wouldn't have gotten a PS3 eventually anyway. At least this one still has backward compatibility, so my PS2 games aren't coasters now. Can't say the same for the new PS3s coming out.

Oh, and Krieger, have you watched ANY of the comparison videos for most of the games out now? There is little to no difference on any of them. COD4, GTA, Orange Box....they're all the same. I mean, we're arguing the equivalent of semantics with the graphics question now.

It'll come on probably two discs.... but Square has said they've already outlined how they're going to use compression to get some of the audio and video down in size. I'm not overly concerned about it. Cut scenes with pre-rendered footage have seen their day in the lime light fade away. It's the audio that I'm more concerned about.

But if anything, this just shows that the era of third party exclusives is coming to an ever nearing close.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Is there any exclusive games that you need a PS3 for...

I mean, they have Metel gear, and thats it...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Resistance anyone? Little Big Planet, GT5? Heavenly Sword?

Also, BIOSHOCK is coming. And even better? Better graphics, more gameplay as they have more space to use.

Still gonna wait to see the price tag for FFXIII on 360. How much will 7 HDDVD disc cost?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The Bioshock developers stated there will be no additional features, or graphic improvements on the PS3 version. Straight port.

Sorry to burst the bubble.

As for FF13... I doubt it will be any more expensive than the current 60 dollar price tag. Multi disc games are not much more to produce. FF7 was 3 CDs, and it was the same price as all the regular games at the time.

Give it up man... arguing 360 vs. PS3 isn't like it was the last few generations. There just isn't that much difference between them save for the different disc drives, and online experience.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
The Bioshock developers stated there will be no additional features, or graphic improvements on the PS3 version. Straight port.

Sorry to burst the bubble.

As for FF13... I doubt it will be any more expensive than the current 60 dollar price tag. Multi disc games are not much more to produce. FF7 was 3 CDs, and it was the same price as all the regular games at the time.

Give it up man... arguing 360 vs. PS3 isn't like it was the last few generations. There just isn't that much difference between them save for the different disc drives, and online experience.

Wrong.

PS3 Bioshock is going to have entirely unique levels- or 'challenge rooms', as the developers are calling them. Confirmed here:

www.1up.com...

Ps3 is also getting a second, totally exclusive Final Fantasy game: Final Fantasy Vs. 13:

finalfantasyversusxiii.net...

en.wikipedia.org...

Heck, it even looks kind of cool to me, and the only RPG`s that I`ve really enjoyed playing before are the Zelda and Elder Scrolls games.

And of course, there`s always Resistance 2, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff on the horizon that isn`t going to be appearing on anything but the PS3.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As already pointed out, spanked on the Bioshock.

Also, you're talking about FFVII, which came out of 4 discs, and did cost more then one disc games. But that was a cd...

We are talking about HDDVDs which cost more to make. So how much will 7 HDDVDS add to the price tag? Expect to pay double if not more.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow, the rabid sony fanbois really are worse then McSame supporters sometimes.
For one thing, how can you assume that FF is gonna take up 7 HDDVD's? How can it take even one HDDVD game since MS dropped HDDVD. How do you know how much room FF takes up on a blu ray disc? There's no reason why this game should take up more than 10 GB in space, anything else is just bloat at this point. 10 GB equal 3 DVD's. Personally I'll take the DVD's if it means load times in the seconds rather than minutes. They gotta increase the read speed of the Blu-Ray drive before I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That's right, HDDVD failed.

So expect at least 8 dvds.

It is expected to take up over 30 gigs, so still less then one Blu Ray disc.

Hmm, 4.7 gigs a dvd, so at that rate and a conservative space taken, expect a 8 DvD game vs one BR disc.

Also, what? I've had no problems with my load times. My MLB The Show 08 loads a lot faster then my 07 ever did. Same for every game.

Also, FF doesn't have load times. IDK what you're talking about. It isn't like say, Madden with a very short load time between say, end of the game and going back to Main Menu.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
[double post]

[edit on 7-8-2008 by The Big O]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think the blue ray drive on the PS3 is 2x. Not too sure. But yeah, that's why the load times are slow on non-streamed games. Not really a fair thing to compare though. Two different technologies. It was annoying to have to load stuff when I play through MGS4, but hey, what are you going to do?

So the PS3 version of Bioshock is going to have challenge rooms. Good for them. My point was that the graphics are going to be the same. No new textures. No higher frame rate. No higher resolution. No fantastic new light shading. Same look. Same play. Enjoy the challenge rooms. But the main game is the same.

FF7 was 39.99 or 49.99 when it came out. No more than any of the other games. I don't know what version of the game you played, but the version for the PS1 was 3 discs.

Square isn't going to charge more than maybe an additional 10 dollar price point for the 360 version of FF13. They can't. Their point brining it to the 360 was to sell more copies. If they charge 20-30 bucks more it's really going to hurt their sales. They may make less per title sold on the 360, but overall they'll make more money by trying to move more units at as similar a price point as the PS3 version. The goal is to sell as many units as possible, on both consoles.

Not to mention it's still drastically cheaper to press DVDs than it is Blue-Ray discs. So it's possible that even though they press 4 or 5 DVDs the actual production costs for each game type are still nearly the same.

But sardion2000 brought up a good point. They're going to have to have A TON of video and audio content to take up two layers of a BD disc. I would be surprised if they go over 25GB and need the second layer. In this day and age you don't need cut scenes like you did before. Just look at MGS4. Thing looked like a movie, but it was all in game footage. I'd expect 2-3 discs of a DL DVD on the 360 version.

Hmm, 4.7 gigs a dvd, so at that rate and a conservative space taken, expect a 8 DvD game vs one BR disc.

Most games are dual layered, just like most quality DVD movies.
A DL DVD is 8.5 gigs, I think. If they can fit it all on one disc for GTA, then I'd be really surprised if it takes much more to fit FF13.

Look... I own all three systems. I enjoy all three systems. But there simply isn't much of a difference between what the PS3 can do and what the 360 can do graphically.

I like the PS3's menu better than the 360. But I think the online experience on the 360 is better. Maybe that'll change when Home is released, who knows? Each system has it's strengths and weaknesses. But graphically... there just isn't much difference.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm holding my PS1 copy of FFVII in my hands right now and count 4 discs.

Also, how much did you say you paid for a game that was one disc? That's more then twice any I ever paid, brand new!

Ok, so 8.5gigs a disc, still going to be 3-4 discs. So again expect a much higher price as they have to compensate for cost of extra discs. And not just that but you need a bigger package to carry them in. More plastic packaging means more money spent. And you fit fewer games in a truck load so instead of shipping say, 100,000 copies in a truck load you only ship 20,000 so will ship fewer at a time costing money on fuel and delivery and... Expect 100-150 for the 360 version.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
I'm holding my PS1 copy of FFVII in my hands right now and count 4 discs.

Also, how much did you say you paid for a game that was one disc? That's more then twice any I ever paid, brand new!

Ok, so 8.5gigs a disc, still going to be 3-4 discs. So again expect a much higher price as they have to compensate for cost of extra discs. And not just that but you need a bigger package to carry them in. More plastic packaging means more money spent. And you fit fewer games in a truck load so instead of shipping say, 100,000 copies in a truck load you only ship 20,000 so will ship fewer at a time costing money on fuel and delivery and... Expect 100-150 for the 360 version.

Your just being rediculous now, the price of video games comes from the hard work the team put into making the game not from the price of the media its burned on and the packaging surrounding the video game, sure that is a percentage of the price but not as much as your talking about.

I'd guess that one Dual Layer DVD costs about $1.50 to make, so even if the game was 8-10 discs large (which I highly doubt it will be, just using common sense here) It wouldn't get near doubling the price.

If so that would make the game near 120 dollars, which is about the same price I paid for a Rock Band Set and it had an ass ton of plastin in its casing.

Also the plastic they use for packaging those things is relatively inexpensive...hence why they use it.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Each system has it's strengths and weaknesses. But graphically... there just isn't much difference.

The reason you aren`t seeing a lot of difference, graphics-wise, is because a number of incompetent developers use the 360 as their lead dev platform and then port over to the PS3, oftentimes not even using more than 1 of the PS3`s seven processors because they don`t know how to program for a platform as complex and advanced as the PS3.

So maybe Bioshock will look the same- it did, after all, lead on the 360/PC.

But I know not everything looks the same.
Lair dosen`t look the same.
Metal Gear Solid 4 dosen`t look the same.
Resistance: Fall of Man- nope, that dosen`t look the same either.

Uncharted? Heavenly Sword? Nope, looks different to me.

I seriously doubt most of what you see in those titles I mentioned could even be pulled off on the 360.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I like reading how fanboys say one box of chips is better than the other using ridiculous arguments.How sad is it they have blind allegiance to either $ony or m$.Do fanboys even enjoy video games it seems they spend more time on forums looking like twats than actually playing their beloved systems.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It will be just as bad as ff12 except more snazzy graphics....FF6 ftw! Get a snes emulator and play that masterpiece...these new games are all show and no substance...And the pc will always dominate in terms of graphics against any console...usually have better games aswell...consoles are for noobs...

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Lethil]

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Lethil]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join