It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having the same dream over and over again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Having the same dream over and over again.

For over 30 yrs now, I have been having the same dream. It happens about every month or so. In my dream, I go back to my mother's house, walk in the front door, and see her sitting in a rocking chair, rocking a baby. There are other children in the room playing with toys and coloring in coloring books. Everyone looks so darn happy---except me. You see, I was beyond excited to see my mother, being as she died when I was 10 yrs old. I was expecting a wonderful reunion. Instead she looks up at me and says to me as she's rocking her baby, that this is her life now, and I don't belong in it.

It's a very sad dream, but it keeps playing over and over in my mind, year after year, month after month.
Why do I keep having the same dream over and over again? What does it mean? Could I possibly be getting a glimpse into her afterlife?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How do you feel in the dream once your mother says this to you?
Do you feel rejected or do you interpret it as your mother saying to you that this is what she does in the afterlife & you don't belong in the afterlife yet?

I'm more of the opinion that it's a psychological loop you are in relating to the death of your mother.
This is why it repeats itself time after time because there is something in your subconcious holding you back relating to the untimely death of your mum.

I'm not dismissing the paranormal aspect of it but in my experience recurring dreams are more often than not your subconcious replaying the situation in the hope of overcoming the negative pattern of behaviour.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by mclarenmp4]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I tend to agree with mclarenmp4 that it relates to a characteristic feeling that you dwell near.
I'm disinclined to consider that it's much of an afterlife for a dead person's whole soul.
It seems more like your feeling of loss imputed to her as an active rejection of you. Normally we can't blame people for dying, but the effect on the child can be the same as if she ran off on purpose.
Psychoanalyzing an interlocutor is very rude, and I wouldn't except that you asked, but if I offend, please, I don't know nothing and I hardly claim to.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I guess you both could very well be right. I just thought it was very odd that I keep having that dream over the years. In fact, I think it's the only dream I have of my mother.

No offense taken in the least.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
hello i am alicia i have been having the same dreams over and over
again to! iv'e got three of them. The first one is me as a three year old
trying to catch up to my mom but in my dream it dos'nt evan look like
my mom anywaise she was going inside the house. While i was so
close to the back door i was in the backyard and then i tripped
into the snow (it was winter) underneath a thing you put in front of your
garden for an entrance. While i was in the snow i saw a squashed
blueberry then i yelled MOM!!!!!!!!!!! and i starded to cry in the snow

it was really sad, thats the time i woke up.
my next storys are right underneath this one.

sincerely alicia.

top topics

join