It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flashing red and blue object in the sky..help?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

ditto , I am observing the same thing looking from Mississippi in a Southeasterly direction.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sictransitgloria

Hi there... We live in the mountains of Northern California and have seen this very same "Star" like thing. It's in the south east portion of the night sky, is brighter than any star and flashes Red, Blue and White lights. From where we are it only moves with the other stars as the earth rotates. We've finally decided it must be some sort of "Space station" or some sort of "Space junk". Strange though....

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I just saw one tonight about 5 minutes ago in Homestead FL,.. I have no idea what I saw and googled it looking for some "logical" suggestions... and i noticed that over the last posts i saw were from all different times, like some in the 80's 90's and nearer to today.. the more recent ones strangly match what ive seen tonight, and the ones from the 80s and 90s seem to match each other through time... is it possible that there are updates on these aircrafts on their own?.... the one i seen tonight really had me kinda creeped out.. because i saw 2 of them, coming from opposite directions, and they seemed to collide, and they ended up flying in an upward direction at that point, then seemingly turned on a dime, and instantly changed direction heading north... i pulled out my binoculars thinking it was an airplane or something, but they were WAAAYYY too close and didnt have a single sound... I live right next to an air base, and there are constantly jets flying through the day time, around the spot where i had seen these tonight, and needless to say, they are very.. VERY loud... but these.... ... these were different... I'm actually kinda scared to think what the possibilities are... there are many people that would call me crazy... .... could I be?... I don't know but I had been watching the stars for quite some time tonight, just out of curiosity because i was looking at stars and i noticed a few of them were flashing, which was kinda strange to me as well, so thats when i pulled out my binoculars to get a closer look, and after that I kinda said to myself.. there is something strange going on.. and (criticize if you will) I said "I wish I knew... lord give me a sign.." and whattya know.. thats when i saw these strange aircrafts... .....very strange

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I SAW THE SAME THING
Ok for the past 2 night's the same things been outside my window probably longer, i even got my mum to look at it to see if i wasnt going crazy, she saw it too, and then i looked at it through my binoculars and it STOPPED flashing, i re tried and the same thing happened, and then i went to eat dinner,10 minutes later i came back to see if it was there and it was gone.....

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Yeah Im sure its a mothership with lots of tiny spaceships moving round it ,,,,,,,,,,,are you nuts ????? Maybe its a planet thats close ?????Venus maybe ?? As the world spins round it will eventually disappear from view an on to another part of the country or another country . Venus is the brightest light in the sky that isnt the moon or the sun ,,,,,,maybe living in your padded cell makes time go faster and instead of suddenly dissapearing it actuallytook about a half hour to dissapear ???
I aint no expert and everyone is entitled to their opinion but my opinion is that motherships with little spacecraft travelling around them sounds a little far fetched and a lot like the comment of a mentally ill stae hospital patient .

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
i live in england and i've seen it almost every single night for the past month...even when there's not a single star in the sky I can still see it.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i too have been observing this bright object in the sky for the past month i live about 40 miles east of los angeles It appears around 7pm and its gone by 9pm Does anyone know if this is a satelite, i too feel a great urge to run out and buy a telescope. I have never seen this before.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here's the answer to everyones' questions:
Heavens Above
www.heavens-above.com...

Go here and enter your city location or longitude and latitude. You can get long. and lat. from Google Earth; just find yourself and you'll get your coordinates to the second of arc.

Heavens Above provides location/brightness/location/duration information about three types of things you can see in the sky at any given time:

Moving objects, like ISS, STS, space junk, and sateliites (even Iridium flares, which are visible in daylight);

Stars and planets, including comets and asteroids;

Star charts, which show constellations and interesting objects (e.g. planets and comets) among them.

If it's not there, it's terrestrial or unidentified.

Simple, no?

[edit on 28-1-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Same thing with me, went out for a smoke and saw the same flickering light. 3am in the Texas sky. Doesn't move, not a heli. My conclusion is that a star is burning out. Weird but stars don't burn out that long.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

hey guys ive never really noticed but now i did, it is flikering diff colors, im not sure what it is but really curiouse to know, you can def tell the diff between the stars and this thing, its not a plane, becuase it doesnt move and it is wayyy too far away, a planet tho? why would it be flickering im located in mason ohio and its about 70* weat i believe? will someone with a goooooood telescope find out what it is and maybe take a pic if possible.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
i live about 30 minutes north of los angeles and i have seen these blinking lights every night for the last 3 weeks. my roomate is convinced that it is jupiter or some planet. somebody please prove him wrong

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I seen this same thing last night. It was a very clear and cold night. I stepped outside and out of the corner of my eye seen a little white flash in the sky. So I looked up and seen this bright star twinkling, but it really looked like an airplane in the distant it was Southwest of my house(live in Oregon). As I staired at it longer I notice the blue, red, & green colors. I would see one color at a time and it seemed to slightly be moving up and down and side to side (but ever so faint). So, I went in the house and got our binoculars. I looked at it for a while and it was a bright light(like a star) with the blue,red,& green colors flashing at different times. So I went back into the house and went back out 20 min. later and it had moved more west and was further out. I looked through my binoculars again and it was further out (so smaller in my view) but there was like bright white fog around it.

So I'm not sure what I seen, but in my opinion it's hard to believe its a star.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Couple of weeks ago i was with a few friends, camping in the Highlands of Scotland...it was a full moon and we could see at least 3 of these things at any one time. Incredible looking buggers!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I've seen this blue, red & white flashing object for awhile now. I can see it from my living room window. It doesn't move, it just stays in one spot blinking. From where I can see it, it is located in the Western area .. and the big dipper is located more to the North. I've been trying to get down to my mom's place to use her telescope, I'd take it up here but there's a street light in the way to view it with the telescope. I'd like to know what it is. It doesn't go away.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Both my mom and i have seen a similar if not the same object for years here in OK and TX....my mom used to work night shifts and drive long hours at night to go to work and just a couple of weeks ago it moved zig-zagedly across her horizon to where it came down out of the atmosphere to where its altitude was a couple thousand feet....she said it hovered and followed her car then sped off to where she couldnt see it anymore but apparently it went back to its original position because we can watch once more at any time during the night....i am not lying and mom never exaggerates!!! lol

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

About a year ago, an old chap from up my street I chat to when chancing upon him around my area told me about star-like object(s) that he's noticed in the sky at night. He, Malcolm, had added that they flash blue, red and white and "shoot pink stuff out" and that you could see all this through glass(es).
Thinking it to be some trick caused my the medium of glass, I'd dismissed this, until recently.
In recent years I've been, as a whole, way too distracted by material things to care for looking up at the stars, but more recently when bored I took the time to do so and lo: as Malcolm described; a star-like object flashing blue, red and white. It seemed at first stationary, and there was no pink stuff.
Often planes (and helicopters) do fly over my field of view and yes, the planes have the respective alternating colored lights. This was different and most distinguishable though. What I was seeing didn't appear to move at first, but would veer very slightly at first in one direction and another, generally returning to to its 'original' position.
As I've continued to 'check' on such objects- I've noticed others, less prominent- one night here and there, I've observed with and without glasses, more striking 'movements exhibited by these things.' Sharp, sudden movements, and quickly appearing and disappearing lines of light have appeared around the objects- not really being 'shot out' to my perception, but there all the same. Another time, while looking at one of the more prominent 'star-like' objects I had an almost certain feeling that it was 'getting closer.' I do not believe this was my eyes focusing as it was not the same as with looking continually at a similarly sized star.
So no, I'm hereby respectfully dissenting from the view that they could be aeroplanes or the like.
I'm left with the almost certain assertion that the more I engage in observing these UFOs- what else could you call them when their behavior is not uniform with known celestial or flying objects- the more they will behave in inexplicable ways...
I may also add quite adamantly that I'm really one of the last to 'believe' in the traditional concept of 'UFO's or 'aliens' etc and that there is only one 'Sirius' in one place to my knowledge, so if I may leave this open to further discussion, then that'd be cool.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sictransitgloria

About a year ago, an old chap from up my street I chat to when chancing upon him around my area told me about star-like object(s) that he's noticed in the sky at night. He, Malcolm, had added that they flash blue, red and white and "shoot pink stuff out" and that you could see all this through glass(es).
Thinking it to be some trick caused my the medium of glass, I'd dismissed this, until recently.
In recent years I've been, as a whole, way too distracted by material things to care for looking up at the stars, but more recently when bored I took the time to do so and lo: as Malcolm described; a star-like object flashing blue, red and white. It seemed at first stationary, and there was no pink stuff.
Often planes (and helicopters) do fly over my field of view and yes, the planes have the respective alternating colored lights. This was different and most distinguishable though. What I was seeing didn't appear to move at first, but would veer very slightly at first in one direction and another, generally returning to to its 'original' position.
As I've continued to 'check' on such objects- I've noticed others, less prominent- one night here and there, I've observed with and without glasses, more striking 'movements exhibited by these things.' Sharp, sudden movements, and quickly appearing and disappearing lines of light have appeared around the objects- not really being 'shot out' to my perception, but there all the same. Another time, while looking at one of the more prominent 'star-like' objects I had an almost certain feeling that it was 'getting closer.' I do not believe this was my eyes focusing as it was not the same as with looking continually at a similarly sized star.
So no, I'm hereby respectfully dissenting from the view that they could be aeroplanes or the like.
I'm left with the almost certain assertion that the more I engage in observing these UFOs- what else could you call them when their behavior is not uniform with known celestial or flying objects- the more they will behave in inexplicable ways...
I may also add quite adamantly that I'm really one of the last to 'believe' in the traditional concept of 'UFO's or 'aliens' etc and that there is only one 'Sirius' in one place to my knowledge, so if I may leave this open to further discussion, then that'd be cool.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
We witnessed this 'star' again last night and my girlfriend said the strangest thing...she is quite a rational,normal person and hates me coming on here as she thinks im paranoid and slowly losin it with the things I tell her...she told me in a weird voice,her voice but a very clear and monotone version though,that'its ok,they are just talking', I asked what she meant and she told me 'theres three of them there,one comes and goes and the others are waiting,they no people are looking at them so they try and appear like stars'.Now as you can imagine her just coming out with this out of the blue freaked me out a bit,it was late,i was tired and I thought I was dreamin for a while,but the conversation happened.I asked her some other questions about it and she told me they would announce themselves soon,they were good but there were evil ones,the government was trying to stop them and they had taken live ones and performed horrible experiments on them!!She also said the good ones were very childlike and just curious and the ones that had followed the planes were doing a form of racing,like playing as they had recreational time as well. My girlfriend is totally uninterested in the whole ufo subject and doesnt come on here or read books or watch documentaries on the subject,im quite certain of that,neither do I talk to her about them as she tells me im stupid and doesnt want to hear it.It was very strange and when I asked her this morning about it,she remembered telling me but said she didnt wanna talk no more abouit it,I tried pressin her and she got mad and walked off.Bizzare!!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I live in New Zealand and noticed this star last night at about 3am. It was SE and the lowest visible star, also the brightest. It was flashing red blue and white and seemed to have beams coming from 4 sides. I think that might have been caused by the atmosphere or somethin though. It was like when you open your eyes when you just get up and everything is blury, but it was the only blury one.
I am going to have to watch it again, it's a really beautiful star.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join