It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myers-Briggs personality test what are you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I am:

ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Protector

We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. Speculating and experimenting do not intrigue Protectors, who prefer to make do with time-honored and time-tested products and procedures rather than change to new. At work Protectors are seldom happy in situations where the rules are constantly changing, or where long-established ways of doing things are not respected. For their part, Protectors value tradition, both in the culture and in their family. Protectors believe deeply in the stability of social ranking conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

v
Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

Their reserve ought really to be seen as an expression of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose. The most diligent of all the types, Protectors are willing to work long, hard hours quietly doing all the thankless jobs that others manage to avoid. Protectors are quite happy working alone; in fact, in positions of authority they may try to do everything themselves rather than direct others to get the job done. Thoroughness and frugality are also virtues for them. When Protectors undertake a task, they will complete it if humanly possible. They also know better than any other type the value of a dollar, and they abhor the squandering or misuse of money. To save, to put something aside against an unpredictable future, to prepare for emergencies-these are actions near and dear to the Protector's heart. For all these reasons, Protectors are frequently overworked, just as they are frequently misunderstood and undervalued. Their contributions, and also their economies, are often taken for granted, and they rarely get the gratitude they deserve.

Mother Teresa, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Steward, and Tsar Nicholas II are examples of Protector Guardian style.

This is really very close. Except for the "knows the value of a dollar" part. LOL I have a habit of, well, NOT knowing the value of a dollar, just ask hubby. Oh and this is just great.....George H.W.Bush? Now, don't anybody hold that against me. Hehe

Rush

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
44 62 12 67 fairly close, i am more of a thinker though....i dont place alot of confidence in these tests, but thought what the hey.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I notice there are a lot more N's than S's on this thread. On the Ron Paul forums the same was true with that personality type thread. Intuition vs. Sensing is related heavily to being inclined to question things vs. just taking everything at face value. There are actually a majority of S's in the general population, however you find more N's on forums like this.

I am an INFP idealist. Not the most effective, but I like it, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am an INTJ. I've seen only four people have it in this thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm INTJ.
Scientists FOR TEH BIG ONE11111111111ONEONEONEONE!!!!!!2

And I'm left handed.... which from I hear is like.... complete opposites, yet the description matches me extremely well...?

[edit on 15/7/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Im an ESFP. It was a pretty cool test and its pretty accurate to what personaly I actualy am. lol

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Man this is a tuff test for some. Guess i'm the only field marshall around here. everyone must follow my rules from now on. lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
INJT

very expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality

INJT

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Man this is a tuff test for some. Guess i'm the only field marshall around here. everyone must follow my rules from now on. lol.

Sorry jedi, but I'm the protector and I am protecting everyone from your rules. mwahahahahah

Rush

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thanks this was interesting!

Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.

Albert Einstein as the iconic Rational is an Architect

Dr. David Keirsey, Robert Rosen, George Soros, Gregory Peck, James Madison, Ludwig Boltzman, Charles Darwin, Adam Smith, and Thomas Jefferson" /> are examples of the Architect Rationals

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I am an INFJ according to the test.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It says I'm an ISFP but I don't know if I agree with that analysis.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm a ESTJ

And I want to be a legal officer for the army and probably run my own businesses afterwards or join the UN depending on what my uncle says!!

The Guardian type most driven to show some type of leadership is the Supervisor (ESTJ). Many seek a career where they can either run their own business, or move up the ladder to positions of influence. Those who do not find this opportunity through work may show leadership in a volunteer position. Others are driven to give service to the community in such areas as government employee, military or police officer. Some are drawn to more technical positions such as engineer, or computer analyst. Still others find their sense of belonging in the professional community by becoming a dentist, judge, or physician. Says Gordon, “It took me a while to find the right place for me. After a bad car accident, I changed my focus and eventually became a building contractor where I could call more of my own shots.”

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
INTP. 89 19 94 6. I wish I had been able to take a test like this before I started college. I wanted to major in biology, which would be in line with my personality type, but good old Dad steered me toward nursing for the money. I hate every moment of it. The first thing I do when I get home is read science news, then go outside to be with nature. I also have this weird "instinct" to look at how things are made. I analyze whatever I am close to such as buildings, angles/supports in rooms, the structure of a parking garage, etc.. This personality type explains my inability to complete projects and loss of socks. Oh, and Field Marshals, would you guys go arrange your Day Planners and stop telling us INTPs how to iron and fold our socks?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
infj and guess what I am a psychtherapist ha ha (well ATM am raising children but will go back to practicing one day)
m x

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Your Type is
INTJ
44 50 12 67

Seems kinda skewed...But I guess that can be me.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
1 25 12 1

ENFJ type description by D.Keirsey
ENFJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ENFJ Famous Personalities
ENFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
INTJ, hasnt changed at all in 10 years.. wow

loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, not very altruistic, not very complimentary, would rather be friendless than jobless, observer, values solitude, perfectionist, detached, private, not much fun, hidden, skeptical, does not tend to like most people, socially uncomfortable, not physically affectionate, unhappy, does not talk about feelings, hard to impress, analytical, likes esoteric things, tends to be pessimistic, not spontaneous, prone to discontentment, guarded, does not think they are weird but others do, responsible, can be insensitive or ambivalent to the misfortunes of others, orderly, clean, organized, familiar with darkside, tends not to value organized religion, suspicious of others, can be lonely, rarely shows anger, punctual, finisher, prepared

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
11 38 75 44

Idealist Portrait of the Teacher (ENFJ)

Even more than the other Idealists, Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner's potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.

That was interesting. I wish it were longer.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm INTP.

Had to take the test many years ago for a job, of all things.

But I still remember the result.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join