It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil oil workers begin strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Brazil oil workers begin strike

news.bbc.co.uk

Workers at Brazil's state-run oil company Petrobras have begun a five-day strike, raising fears of further pressure on world oil prices.

The firm is playing down the potential impact of the dispute, which is over offshore working conditions.

The management say there is a contingency plan to maintain output.

But a union spokesman said while management would do everything they could to maintain production workers would do their best to disrupt it.

The strike by employees at the 42 oilfields in the Campos basin off the coast of the state of Sao Paulo is going ahead after talks last week ended without agreement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
We all know that the speculation in the oil markets is driving the value up higher and higher.

Any reasoning for an investor to think that Oil might get hit, and they naturally assume the value per barrel is going to be worth more.

Well, here's the reasoning behind the next price spike. As if we needed that.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yep it's just another way to screw over the small man They don't care about food on our table As long as they have money and food they don't care about us

I know that my cost to run my work car has gone up by $45.00 each time i fill up and that would be 2 times a week I have been passing on the cost to my customers but they are hurting as well Where will this pain stop Not for some time

join