It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon flies are not real!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Holy crap man,

Are you for real?
No, no dead set, you cant be serious.
Someone must have left the gate open because it seems that some really strange,paranoid,crazy and delusional people are making there way onto the boards lately.

Seriously man .....

Oh im not even gonna bother

On another note.

At the moment this thread is in the » Other Current Events forum, something like this doesn't belong here let alone in the ATS section.
For the love of god, someone relocate it or trash it . Personally i would prefer the latter but obviously its up to the forum moderators.

[edit on 14/7/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I LOVE the little ones. They are so cute and their colors are fantastic.
I'll let them land on me and they seem rather tame.

BTW ... if you saw them taking pictures .. do you think that they are taking DNA samples from me when they land on me?

Funny Thread!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
A joke thread on the front of the site with two pages of discussion when there is more then worthy ATS material to be discussed in hundreds of threads that died from lack of participation? The membership on these boards is not what it used to be....

Yes, I realize I have added to the problem and have failed to help.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by DGAF619]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm sure if there's any major entomological questions you guys need answered I can ask dad... he's.. well.. lets just say.. 'slightly skilled' in entomology

From the top of my head, childhood memories and things learnt from my father:

One particular dragonfly in New Zealand (the bush giant dragonfly), has a tendancy to sit on the highest bush around due to it being more visible to prospective mates and also it is then able to see more prey. Often when walking around in scrub nature reserves they land on you or hang around you a lot - as you are the highest point. You can simply stand and hold your palm out above you and they will even land on it! They can range from a normal sized dragonfly to the size of your hand. Smaller dragonflys in new zealand often exhibit similar behaviour, but it is more noticeable in the bush giant.

Also another point to mention: as ungainly, awkward humans we tend to stir up the grass/bushes so little insects go flying away from us, the dragonfly simply swoops upon them. Not too different to a native bird we have called a fantail - it often will follow you through the bush for this reason. The fantail is a very friendly, beautiful and playful bird with a very nice song to it.

If I were a dragonfly I'd be looking at people too... something alien to me would warrant investigation hehehe..

Some basic bush giant dragonfly info here:
www.landcareresearch.co.nz...

Hope that helps a little.. i'd say don't worry about it, although in saying that there have been rumours of 'robot bug cameras'.. who knows - I doubt we'd really know or the secret is blown eh..

edit due to url stuffing up :/

[edit on 14/7/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
No im not kidding. In fact i have a nest of wasps up near the roof and it dawned on me that they werent making anest, but rather a command center from which they could operate from.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
No im not kidding. In fact i have a nest of wasps up near the roof and it dawned on me that they werent making anest, but rather a command center from which they could operate from.

I understand your concern, good Sir. Never trust Wasps, ever. They can and will build a command centre, if they congrigate. Listen not to these skeptics. They have no proper understanding at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Thankyou for making a ridiculous thread interesting

Starred!

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
@Everyone

Please note that this thread has been moved to Skunk Works, and all replies should be posted with the "Skunk Works Rule" in mind.

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Rite...

It was bad form enough to title this thread with Dragon flies are not real!!!
and then say ( with no substance or anything to back you up ) that they are taking photos of you, let alone making statements like this without a leg to stand on .

You cant make claims like this without anything to reinforce it .
Your going to get bounced off the walls by the other members if you don't start posting logically .

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Omega85 please get a sense of humour.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ok everyone please don't feed a troll. Dragonflies are indeed real, they are not little alien spaceships ala men in black and they are not tiny little remote controlled spy planes.

Yes research has gone into implanting devices on bugs for the purpose of eavesdropping on things however in this instance not a whole species of insect has been created mechanically to spy on people.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

LOL,
I have one (Not that you would know )
You want humor?
BTS is the second tab from the top right of the screen, go bananas .

You have no idea and you dont know me from a bar of soap so how about you keep the one lined tit tat remarks to yourself and stay on topic alright .

Gemwolf

Thanks for moving the thread

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Ridiculous!

Just smash one with a fly swatter and analyse it, im sure its made of flesh and blood just like the rest of us being on the planet... jeeze lol

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That will do, thanks. Now let's get back on topic. Any further off-topics or snide remarks will be dealt with as it should be.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

"I heard someone say, 'Oh my god, look at those,' " the college senior from New York recalled. "I look up and I'm like, 'What the hell is that?' They looked kind of like dragonflies or little helicopters. But I mean, those are not insects.

That is just one of the questions hovering over a handful of similar sightings at political events in Washington and New York. Some suspect the insectlike drones are high-tech surveillance tools, perhaps deployed by the Department of Homeland Security. "

But the CIA secretly developed a simple dragonfly snooper as long ago as the 1970s. And given recent advances, even skeptics say there is always a chance that some agency has quietly managed to make something operational.

from Washington Post

Here is some proof. I think we should move this back out of Skunkworks. Maybe this guy is on to something.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by justsomeboreddude]

[edit on 14-7-2008 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Dragon flies .. real,, large ones have tasty meat under thier wings in the thorax, tastes like bread.

So,...just to be clear... dragon flies are real living creatures that have meaty wing loins that taste like bread there by rendering this thread rediculous.

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!!

Sense I shouldnt ridicule your thread I will say this,...
This .......thread.....is.. ....characterized by....a varying idea.......ohhhhhhhh God im sorry I cant help it this thread is just plain rediculous.

Do you have any proof that such crazy robotic insects are flying around..
Catch one disect it and post the pictures here in ATS showing the incredibly intricate innards of your clockwork atomaton.
If we see fiberoptics, gold filament,crystal diodes and luminescent colloidal gel, then we will be getting somewhere.
Ofcourse you will just be debunked,ATS business as usual..

[edit on 14-7-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

PrinceOfPeace, What's up. although dragonflies are real., don't let your guard down because the tech out there is way beyond what we know and of course the military or our government would use cameras such as this. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just totally blind, neive and misled feeding into exactly what the government wants you to think.

I'm not sure if the ones you saw are real or not or if they're even taking pictures of you but I would just follow your instinct or intuition. I personally call it my Holy Spirit. Whatever you you want to call it, it's there for a reason, to guide you and give you insight.

I just can't believe people are so close minded as to believe that something can't and doesn't exist. These are the ones who literrally get caught off guard in a bad way. Be cautious and always aware.

1 Peter 5:8-Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Robot Dragonfly

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Here you go. Here is some proof for you.
Washington Post

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join