It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most beautiful wedding of the year as scarred soldier marries his sweetheart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The most beautiful wedding of the year as scarred soldier marries his sweetheart

www.mailonsunday.co.uk

two years ago, Martyn, a Lance-Corporal in the Household Cavalry, was badly burned in an ambush in Afghanistan. Suffering from 70 per cent burns, he was in a coma for three months.

When he regained consciousness, his once handsome face and honed body were ravaged. His eyelids had been fused inside out and he had lost his ears, nose and hair. He was told he might never walk, nor use his arms, again.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/13/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't ussaly get into this sob stories...

But, whenever the Media isnt ripping on our men in uniform, its a good thing...

This is a beautiful story...

www.mailonsunday.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/14/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I wish the couple the best life can offer and for the bride she does show that it wasn't for looks only that she fell in love.

Scars may change appearance but doesn't change the true nature of a persons hart and feelings.

Good for them.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i cried when i read, but i cried bc it made me feel
. just nice to be reminded that there are such wonderful, loyal, and courageous ppl walking on this planet.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
These is a story of true love.

If the sickos in hollywood would make movies about something like this, people would flock to it.

Instead, the Perverts of Hollywood make movies glorifying the enemy, rather then making movie our our heros.

Instead they make 'love' movies about gay cowboys...

We live in a sick world...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What a wonderful and moving story. It moved me to tears and gives me hope for this world. I wish the couple all the best.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Very touching. Lets hope face transplants become more common, they can make a huge difference.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's good to know there are still honourable people in this world. This is a great story. A nice change from all the doom and gloom that makes up the majority of this site.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Goes to show you that guy must really be something, for his now-wife to have stuck with him through all that. Good for them! While I do feel bad for that man's injuries, he is very lucky in one sense, that he and his wife must really be nuts for each other, and they know that they will be there for each other through anything, having already endured this. Sounds like he's lucky to be alive, and has a lot to live for. It makes me wonder how many couples like this have been broken up due to the soldier's deaths in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have a picture of a US Marine in a wedding photo wearing his dress blues. He is even more disfigured than the man in this story, not that that's anything really to try and compare.

It is obvious that this man has suffered greatly, even more than most can imagine.

I hope he and his bride have a wonderful life.

I am away from home at this time, but will return briefly tomorrow, when I will post the picture I have.

We should also remember that these men were wounded in the defense of freedom in a land far from their own.

No photograph can capture the integrity and courage of these men and men like them.

[edit on 2008/7/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This thread is so heartwarming. It is about time that we are exposed to something that is real, truth, positive, and a beautiful love story. Michelle and Martyn are heroes on many levels. Martyn is a military hero, and an example of true, unselfish love for a woman that means the world to him. His Morales, and values are intact, and an inspiration to all of us.

And then there is Michelle. She is so strong, and an example of a woman that is more interested in the well being of the man she loves, that in the way he looks, how much money he has, and what he can do for her. I think that all women should look up to her, and try to learn from her what real love is.

Bravo and best wishes to them both.

Recently I read a thread on ATS about woman in the US sending "Dear John" letters to their men in Iraq. We know that this has gone on forever .
What a treat it is to see a couple make it against all odds. It all boils down to commitment, trust, values and old fashioned love.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Here's the picture I found on the internet.

You have to admire the courage of these young people.

Life will be hard for them.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I agree with your sentiment in that post.

On a side note, she sure doesn't look all that happy in the picture. Makes me wonder if she was pressured.

IMHO, this marriage will not last very long, and it's very unfortunate.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

On a side note, she sure doesn't look all that happy in the picture. Makes me wonder if she was pressured.

I don't think she was pressured. Have you tried to pressure a woman lately?

That picture might have been culled from very many pictures because it captures what I'm sure is a bittersweet moment.

You have a woman who's just happy that her man is alive, but who's looked better and probably who faces very many surgeries.

Here's the obituary of a Marine who was less fortunate perhaps, but used his circumstances to touch many lives.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Intresting, this thread finnaly made its way onto the front Page of BTS... 2 weeks after the last posting...

This is a heart warming story.

A story made for a movie, but will we ever see a love story about a soilder returning to his love, from a war...

No... all Hollywood puts out is Anti-War Propaganda, and the only love stories that we can see, are movies that promoate Homosexuality, Like that gay cowboy movie...

The Vermin in the media hate to see stories like this...

But thats why it is so beautiful...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
No... all Hollywood puts out is Anti-War Propaganda, and the only love stories that we can see, are movies that promoate Homosexuality, Like that gay cowboy movie...

The Vermin in the media hate to see stories like this...

What in the hell are you talking about? Hollywood puts out plenty of Stupid, Sappy, heterosexual, lovestories all the time. Remember "Titanic"? I'm trying to forget it!
In fact go see "Sex and Lies in Sin City" or "Hamlet 2" when they come out. Sort of a Love storys and I have a bit part in both. Sorry for the shameless plug. Does this make me media vermin. I don't care; I need to
make a living.

www.theromanceclub.com...

And as for Hollywood just putting out antiwar propaganda; perhaps you missed, Band of Brothers, Blackhawk down, Gettysburg, Saving Prvt. Ryan, Pearl Harbor, The Patriot with Mel Gibson, Patton and many others.

You just want to rail against Something. Why so angry? You need to
lay off Savage for awhile. The "vermin" reference gave you away.

But Blessing to the Lance Cpl. and his bride!!! And this would make a heart warming story. Why don't you write the screen play TK?

[edit on 2-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well said, covered everything I wanted to comment on.

I hope both soldiers have happy and fulfilling marriages.

new topics

top topics

join