It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aren't Alien Beings ever portrayed appropriately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
They always look like monsters, with animal instincts, they have 8 limbs, long sharp teeth. Always a threat, except for in "Close Encounters".
You would think if these films are to get us prepared to to test the publics reaction to alien interaction they would make them more realistic and maybe somewhere near what abductees sightings all seem to share. Or maybe they are scared to show them portrayed in a humanely bipedal way, maybe we would make a connection and start to ask questions.
I want to know, out of all the sightings, reports, testimonies, whay are Alien beings always shown completely differently in the media?

Is someone trying to convince us that believing in extraterrestrials is hopeless nonsense?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Do you know what aliens are supposed to look like? I sure don't. I've never even seen one in real life. If you know, then please share how you got this info.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
aliens look the way they always looked, gray small big black eyes. they dont look like the crap you see in star wars/men in black independance day type movies

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by starvingartist
aliens look the way they always looked, gray small big black eyes.

Do you have a source for this? Or a citation? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I guess it would be thousands of abduction reports, I have never seen one myself, but my father did in the airforce, ya know the worker type gary alien, 3-4ft tall with big black tear drop shaped eyes

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Cocoon, Alf, Star Wars, ET are just a few examples of science fiction which has a positive depiction of aliens, although more complex space opera like star wars and stargate have both positive and negative aliens. And there are more if you research it.

I won't deny however that there is a bit of negative programming regarding aliens, because if they're here hypothetically, then of course the powers that be, fascists that they want to be, do not like the idea of a general population that is cosmically aware with uncontrollable offworld friends. Humans tend to follow what they perceive as a higher power, if an advanced technological and ethical species made contact it would change governance as we know it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm with mad_hatter on this one... Have you shaken an aliens hand? Whose to say they are grey anyhow, you're complaining that they are portrayed in this horrible fashion when the "gray" alien is what they're actually supposed to look like.... I don't know though I haven't seen one for myself but for all we know they can look just like us....

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Okay, starvingartist, we'll look at it from your POV real quick. You say that you believe in aliens (as do I or I would not be here on ATS). You say that aliens are supposed to look like greys based on abductions. Well, based on abuction accounts, aliens also look like anything from reptiles, to grays, to nordics (which are human like aliens). So, looking at it from your point, your argument is still "wrong" in the sense that you have created for it.

Point is, who are you to say what aliens look like based on abduction accounts when abductees are so diverse in their depictions?

[edit on 7/13/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by starvingartist

If we didn't have many animals lets say on planet earth and you had never seen an ape or tiger before then suddenly you did.

How would you react?

Scared and in shock probably thinking you just saw the most scariest ugly creature you had ever seen. You would call it a monster or alien perhaps.

The universe is full of all kinds of a different variety of life, just look at what insects and animals we have on our planet, you can only imagine how many more diverse lifeforms there are out there.

As for most abduction experiences being portrayed in a bad way well I would say it's because they are. Aliens who abduct people take them against their freewill and violate them and it's not a good experience.

Benevolent groups of aliens do not abduct people only the malevolent one's.

Most abductees come back and then some don't.

Many aliens or let's just call them extraterrestrials look almost identical to us just like humans. There are some races of ET's that could blend in a crowd on earth and you wouldn't even notice them.

Hollywood and the media give aliens a scary presentation because they want them portrayed this way. They want us to fear them and to believe they are nothing more than sci-fi figures. (It's a cover up tactic.)

The easiest place to hide the truth is stick it right in your face.

Entertainment and TV in general does a great job, did you ever notice how many ET type looking figures are in Disney and Cartoons?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
They always look like monsters, with animal instincts, they have 8 limbs, long sharp teeth.
Thats the way our evil mini god leaders portray them and want us to think about them.
They do that so we don't like ET's, so we get scared of them, and only like and identify with the evil leaders.
ALL HEIL THE LEEEEAADDDER! nananananananana leeeaaaddeerrr!

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Being_From_Earth]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
alright, being from earth gave me a good answer. I'm not stating facts, I'm not saying that all aliens don't look like monsters. I'm just saying how many reports and stories have you read where people who have interveined and seen alien beings say they resemble a hominoid type figure, and not some vicious squid with legs. Most reports involve grays,reptilians,nordics,lyrans,draconians, whatever. The only one I've ever heard of resembling anything like the ones in the movies was on this site, the alien fight with the fishman that was just recently posted. I don't seem what all the negativity is on this subject since your on ATS you must seem to notice the difference between the average alien reported and the hollywood alien, right? I don't know, it just seems comon sense to me that there is an obvious difference.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I wonder why most all abduction stories involve humanoid aliens.

I don't know if I would prefer tentacled monsters but I would like to see some variety. Why are only the greys, reps, and nordics interested in us. Don't we hold any interest for the sentient gas beings or living planetoids?

And I definitely don't think you can prove Hollywood has it wrong anymore than you can prove anyone else has it right. Even if you believe all the accounts are true and accurate, you can't rule out creatures depicted in films existing elsewhere in the universe.

Somewhere out there, in the farthest reaches of space, there may be tiny aliens who look like Eddie Murphy and pilot an Eddie Murphy shaped spacecraft. There is no way to prove this is an inaccurate depiction.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Interesting, some of the posts. We portray aliens as monsters same reason we portray monsters as monsters, have ghosts as scary, ect. Movies are entertainment. There movies that prtray US as the evil bunch, or the paranoid ones.
Evil monsters are just more entertaining for a three or hour thrill ride. You want character develoment, where the aliens aren't bad guys, get a tv series or a trilogy or something.
As for all aliens looking alike, heck, not all humans look alike, and we all evolved on the same planet. Most likely, there are even more of a variety of aliens than we suppose, definetly more than just the one type you've seem to identify with. And most likely they run the entire spectrum, from deyond us, to behind us. And probably beside us, and catycorner. Or infront an little to the left. Never know.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hi starvingartist,

So in essence what your claiming is that Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Gene Roddenberry and Co are all part of an MJ12 type conspiracy?

It seems one major point appears to be lost on you. Shows like Star Wars and Stargate etc are Science Fiction (with an emphasis on fiction). They portray a fantasy world - i.e not reality. They are intended for the purposes of general consumption entertainment.

Remember, kids watch all these shows you've mentioned and perhaps if Aliens were portrayed as an evil mono culture, not only would you scare children but you'd also bore the adults.

Sometimes entertainment is just that .... Entertainment. But as they say, "Seek and You Shall Find". If you look for shadow conspiracies, you will find them in everything. Hell, they might even pack one in a Rice Crispies box for you - if you look hard enough!

LOL

Edit for Typo

[edit on 14/7/08 by InfaRedMan]

top topics

join