It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets start here today, right here, right now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Can people really do anything?

Yes. But, do you want to know the secret why they don't? Because it is hard, and most people are lazy, selfish and stupid.

They like to make you think you have an influence.....but you don't.

You have got it the wrong way around.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wow. So we really should continue in our apathy and believe, I guess another major meme being promoted, that we can't do anything. That 6 billion people are useless against a few thousand of the most corrupt vampires on earth. Sorry, the collectively humans can do a great deal. In fact if you care to research how much one person can do by starting something, theres some terrific stories out there, but the Mahatma Gandhi does come to mind instantly. One man freed his nation from British rule.

The main problem is that many cling to straws of hoping the things they suspect are insubstantial, because they really are overworked and so stressed, that they must put some happiness and joy into their empty tanks to even have the spiritual/emotional/physical energy to tackle a new day. I don't believe theres as many sheeps as people think, just alot of people not seeing others starting positive action, just an apathetic (propogated by mankinds enemies by the way) feeling they can't do anything.

The media is certainly one very strong way to go. We need to get alternate news, into peoples hands, hard copy. Like an advertisement newspaper delivered freely to everyone daily. One of the better newspapers was like that, better in that it attempted a little more balance in both its articles and the editorials were more non-conforming, as were the regular writers.

Being less positioned than I would like to get a newspaper going, though that is my first choice, I have thought of forming local groups of letter writers who regularly write to government officials and newspaper staff to share what they know. The more they know we know, the less power in their sails they have.

There are lots of ways surely to get some groups together. Its imperative though to understand how truly over-worked, under-funded most people are, and the organizers should make it as easy as possible to get even small supports, like after a local education campaign showing various films and disclosures, going door to door to promote it, and going door to door to give people info and request signatures.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

It is admiral of you to want to save the world. I believe most people want the same thing.

I detect more than a hint of patronising sarcasm there Dizzie.

How do you know we are not doing something?

Where did I say you were or weren't personally doing anything in particular? Sounds like you enjoy cloak and dagger game playing.
You'll have to find someone else to play that game with you. Often people who enjoy that kind of thing have learnt from childhood they get more attention when they appear 'mysterious' but the truth is they are insecure and distrusting so they always hide their real motives from others. And they make dramas out of nothing because they fear people will lose interest in them as they have failed to build trust and therefore intimacy with others. Your attitude shows that.

Wouldn't it be foolish to advertise any plans we have?

That depends on what you are planning. But answer this Dizzie, what use is the best idea in the world if you never tell anyone about it?

You do realise you can't control everyone by pretending to know more than you do Dizzie?

I mean you no disrespect but you have been here just over a month. There is no way I would tell you or anyone of my actions or plans. There aren't many folks I trust.

You start by saying you don’t trust me (btw, I wasn’t asking you too, so isn‘t it psychologically interesting that you focus on the trust issue you have) then you move onto saying you don’t trust anyone anyway no matter how long they have been at ATS. Then you say there aren't many people you trust. That doesn’t make sense.

Many have been conditioned in society to mistrust. It has been done to isolate the individual. It is part of dividing the population. There is much more to it. I'm not going to explain to you how trust works but the fact is that trust built in the correct way will help to bring people together. Also, do you really think all those in the so called elite trust each other? They are constantly at each other backs with factions, in fighting and you can be sure they have only self interest at heart and would walk over each other to gain power. The kind of trust you are talking about is a form of intimate trust, that is not necessary to build other forms of cooperation. I hope that helps you understand why your thinking is self defeating.

There are many people who are doing 'something'. You won't hear about it on the Internet. Yes, there are some groups that are very vocal about their plans and they will be the first to be targeted by the powers that be.

What is your factual basis for believing that? You don’t appear to know the difference between rational caution and paranoia, your attitude to trust indicates that also. Your comment sounds like the kind of fantasy sci-fi cloak and dagger fairytales you hear about all the time. Also, from what you said about trust it is pretty obvious that you are not involved in any significant group as you would not be able to function with your kind of trust issues within that group. You would also be a risk. As those who fear trust are those who are most likely to give it without proper development cause.

Loose lips sink ships.

Strong words move herds

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToolFanMael

what exactly are ya wanting to do? plan an overthrow of THE PEOPLE WHO CONTROL US?

I didn't actually suggest an 'overthrow' as you call it. But what would be the point of overthrowing people who aren't controlling you? As you think they are controlling you.

im sure if any serious plans pop up on here they'll get squashed...

History contradicts you my friend.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by UFOpsychiczebra]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Wow. So we really should continue in our apathy and believe, I guess another major meme being promoted, that we can't do anything. That 6 billion people are useless against a few thousand of the most corrupt vampires on earth. Sorry, the collectively humans can do a great deal. In fact if you care to research how much one person can do by starting something, theres some terrific stories out there, but the Mahatma Gandhi does come to mind instantly. One man freed his nation from British rule.

The media is certainly one very strong way to go. We need to get alternate news, into peoples hands, hard copy. ... I would like to get a newspaper going, though that is my first choice, I have thought of forming local groups of letter writers who regularly write to government officials and newspaper staff to share what they know. The more they know we know, the less power in their sails they have.

There are lots of ways surely to get some groups together. Its imperative though to understand how truly over-worked, under-funded most people are, and the organizers should make it as easy as possible to get even small supports, like after a local education campaign showing various films and disclosures, going door to door to promote it, and going door to door to give people info and request signatures.

Excellent points, excellent ideas and suggestions. Everyone can do something and some can do a lot more.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I agree with UPZ, always take a moment throughout the day to ask yourself - 'where can I act in my life or in my close circle of friends to promote or bring my philosophy to life'.

Sure, think globally act locally is a nice concept, but I'm talking more basic than that.

Go hug your kids, go take out the trash, go help your spouse.

Go to the library and get a couple books and read them while you're on the john.

You know, simple stuff, but things that involve 'acting', not just thinking.

In addition, try and turn your ideas with the bright laser focus on yourself.

Remember I said that the majority of the conspiracies are within? We play our 'old tapes', stay stuck in a rut, let prejudices unexamined rule our lives. We hate and we discriminate and we keep each other separate.

It's hard. It's much easier to look at someone else and exclaim how they are wasting their time or being foolish. Very hard to look at one's self.

o is the world your ashtray? Stop it
o do you drive badly, talk on the cell? Stop it.
o did you do something kind today? Do it!
o did you smile at a stranger today? Do it! (adults only!) (grin)

How am I conspiring to keep myself down? It's scary. Much more frightening than reading about what some dumbarse politician is doing in a remote part of the world.

o did I keep someone else down because of my fears? - liberate
o did I hide from life due to fear? - liberate
o did I fail to express love due to fear? - liberate

Anyway, don't mean to rant - gets out mirror - ARRRGHHHH EIEEE! hey, wait, not too bad...(winks at self)

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
We should do something like an ATS protest or something, do something together and pave the way for others to follow.

We need to send a message to those who still think their government cares, we need them to know as we know, we need them to question everything as we question everything. We need to wake the sheeple up.

We could introduce a little anarchy, you know, upset the establishment.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by caballero]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Hell I'll say it

You opened the floor with this, so ......... what do YOU suggest we do?

I see this on just about any board I visit - someone cries LET'S FIX IT, ALL OF US !! ...... expecting everyone ELSE to have all the idea's.

You are asking everyone else to do what you obviously have not.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Today I got up at 12am, (slept from 10pm-12am washed all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, mopped the kitchen floor, mopped the bathroom floor, cleaned out the bottom of the fridge.

*ta-da!*

I'm getting dressed to ride at dawn-ish.

Yesterday we rescued a Kittah from the trailer park.

...got him shots and de-fleaed and spent sometime coaxing him out from under the easy chair.

Here he is doing his meatloaf impression.

He is now happy and exploring the house.

I rode my bike to the store instead of driving (I rarely drive). Just got a few things.

Not much, but at least I didn't harm a soul, and my carbon footprint was relatively small-ish.

Later today we'll box up some produce and take it TO the store, unlike many who buy things FROM the store.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Badge01, you are so right. People can do little things in their own lives to make a big difference.

I warn you, some people freak out when you smile at them for 'no reason', sad but true.

But keep smiling anyway!

Cute kitten btw.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Post deleted by UFOpsychiczebra due to accidential double posting.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by UFOpsychiczebra]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

You got me thinking. This is what I love about ATS. My chair doesn't roll, it only spins. I absolutely need rolling chair right now. Wonder if I can find a good one for under $250.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join