It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest story never told

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The greatest story never told

www.aljazeera.com

By Tom Engelhardt

Finally, the U.S. mega-bases in Iraq make the news
It's just a $5,812,353 contract -- chump change for the Pentagon -- and not even one of those notorious "no-bid" contracts either. Ninety-eight bids were solicited by the Army Corps of Engineers and 12 were received before the contract was awarded this May 28th to Wintara, Inc. of Fort Washington, Maryland, for "replacement facilities for Forward Operating Base Speicher, Iraq."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I see nothing temporary about this occupation. It is my belief the US should have invaded Iran while the military was in motion. Waiting was an error in judgment as is spending the wealth of the US on castles in the sandbox.

Forming labor unions and strong local or state governments would have produced better results. Please also review my Posting about Lariam.

I've read about 32 bases, some huge, that are being built along Iraq's boarder. These are getting occupied by quickly trained Iraqi to prevent the ever present vandals from robbing the facilities blind

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comforter

I see nothing temporary about this occupation. It is my belief the US should have invaded Iran while the military was in motion. Waiting was an error in judgment as is spending the wealth of the US on castles in the sandbox.

What the hell do you mean we should have invaded Iran?? We shouldn't have even Invaded Iraq..

What are you smoking? Really...

People like this make me sick, why do we need to fight wit Iran? cause they got oil, because their Muslim, cause they look like terrorists..

Geez I swear this is going to be the end of us.. Get of this crap cause the only thing America is after is oil.. It isn't protecting anything for us.. They are raping us of our bill of rights and constitution and all you have to say is "We should have invaded Iran."

Go work there..

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
People like this make me sick, why do we need to fight wit Iran? cause they got oil, because their Muslim, cause they look like terrorists..

Of course not. Your reasons are silly.
After all, they are only not abiding by the UN resolutions, attempting to build a nuke, supporting terrorists groups like Hezzbolah and killing U.S. and allied soldiers in Iraq by providing arms, money and men. Other than that, they are totally innocent.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Its ok when the US does it and not someone else??

Double standard BS I see..

They wouldn't have nothing to do with us if we didn't attack Iraq.. They don't want anything to do with us now.. Its not their fault that all the US says on TV is we Iran this, and Iran that... Hmm War with Iran.. Most of us on ATS have known about this since we went into afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If they don't abide by UN resolutions, why are we the ONLY ones, knocking on there door, besides Israel?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

If they don't abide by UN resolutions, why are we the ONLY ones, knocking on there door, besides Israel?

I don't know. Perhaps the U.S. and Israel are the only one's with balls enough to actually do something.

Why have UN resolutions or a UN for that matter if it means absolutely nothing? What's the point in having resolutions if it's only words on paper and not backed up with teeth?

And for the record, it's not 'IF' they don't abide, they are NOT abiding. That's why the UN just passed new sanctions against Iran.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I guess I should have elaborated.
My statement about invading Iran is in reference to the time period after our troops and supply lines were already established. In 2004 the military was blowing smoke to all of us in Iraq about going next into Syria.
At that time the US could have spent money on far better military moves and expenditures than financing the growth of Al Sadr and the Shia into the controlling force in Iraq.
Our leaders clearly did not have our troops or Israel’s best interest in mind. But since all of this is about a controlled world war they (US leaders) were just following the script and creating a big enough enemy to warrant the additional money flow into all the pre-selected pockets. Otherwise the weapons depots that supplied the “insurgents” with improvised explosives would have been properly destroyed. These were not I inspected them, I know.

First of all if we, as a nation, wanted to do something about 911 way back on 9-12-01, we should have taken Pakistan since their ISI was over here setting things up prior to and during our latest “Pearl Harbor”. I would recommend the taking of this nation at that time to secure the nukes there and to replace the present coup with elements of there last legitimate government (while she was still alive).

At the same time having the very best undercover agents we have (should have been sent) looking into dismantling the “cult” within the Rockefeller Foundation, the one that uses tetra toxin with such unnoticed success. Oh and were involved with so many other unreported terrorist acts within the US. Sky scrapers falling down were just too hard to keep unnoticed even from the American public. But that was the plan to create a Pearl Harbor - gather around the flag boys!

Particular prejudice should have been shown to that “cult” groups ties with politicians that supply inductees into West Point. Perhaps this would guide those of us that have taken action in the past to have clear targets of actual leaders in this matter (911). I suspect we would find them to be the same ones that supply children to Saudi Princes for a slight fee.

Also and at the same time our rapid deployment should have been sent into Syria to take possession of the Variant-U / Red Rain fungal agent that was taken there from Iraq just prior to the act of war on Iraq. This is the actual WMD so well advertised but missing from Iraq prior to the start of the war.

Ideally Special Ops could have taken care of all matters except Pakistan, who by way of trafficking the Opiate product from Afghanistan have too much money and political control.

This discussion really all depends on just how far back in the “way back machine” we could go and have enough control to actually make changes.

At present we continue to strengthen our enemies with no perceivable economic plans in place to prevent the spreading of war. The greatest advancement of war still exists from Pakistan becoming a Islamic theological state.

How oh how could this possibly happen you ask. The plan at hand is to stash two thirds of the bio-fungal of new improved Marburg virus (Variant- U) with improved Yellow rain (red variant) into the nuclear waste storage areas used for commercial nuclear wastes in western India. This gas will be released over southern Pakistan to destroy the area of that country allowing the US to have a puppet at their helm. The US has spent 10 billion dollars at present on this puppet.

What is achieved here will be to undercut “democracy” (India will not know what is going on) in that part of the world and gain control of those 40 plus nuclear warheads in Pakistan. It also will give the American public a taste for what the remaining one third of gas will do in the US (southern Florida).

I don’t know if this is complete enough to paint an accurate picture for you all or not so keep on posting until I give an understandable big picture.

Keep in mind our posts are subjected to Google and NSA monitoring.

I can only speak for myself but after a particularly informative post on this site my ISP shut down my account and forced the use of a new credit card to re-open it. So big brother knows who I am now.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

After all, they are only not abiding by the UN resolutions, attempting to build a nuke, supporting terrorists groups like Hezzbolah and killing U.S. and allied soldiers in Iraq by providing arms, money and men. Other than that, they are totally innocent.

you forgot to mention that they threatened to wipe israel off the face of the earth.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

What the hell do you mean we should have invaded Iran?? We shouldn't have even Invaded Iraq..

What are you smoking? Really...

Geez I swear this is going to be the end of us.. Get of this crap cause the only thing America is after is oil.. It isn't protecting anything for us.. They are raping us of our bill of rights and constitution and all you have to say is "We should have invaded Iran."

Go work there..

Indeed, if we play Iran correctly they could turn out to be our best ally in the area

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So does that mean that the rest fo the world should go knocking down the US' front door? They are killing innocent Muslims and supplying arms.

You play God with the world long enough and the world will turn around and slap you.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

After all, they are only not abiding by the UN resolutions

List of United Nations resolutions concerning Israel

Interesting reading

The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern Israel only or bordering states (such as Lebanon).[1][2] From 1967 to 1989 the UN Security Council passed 131 resolutions directly dealing with the Arab-Israeli conflict. Of the 131 resolutions passed, 43 could be considered neutral while the remaining 88 either criticized and opposed the actions of Israel or judged against its interests. Nearly half of the 88 resolutions against Israel "condemned", "censured" or "deplored" the member state or its actions.[3] During this time, in the UN General Assembly, 429 resolutions against Israel were passed, and Israel was condemned 321 times.

and...

The United States has used its veto power to prevent resolutions concerning Israel from passing through the Security Council on 42 occasions since 1970.

Who ignores and veto's resolutions?

[edit on 18/0708/08 by neformore]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

But of course it's ok for America to have nukes, lie to the UN, invade a country under false pretence and finance dictatorships just to name a few...

Ever heard about what's happening in Zimbabwe? Is America going to free those poor people, and put the reign of that madman who calls himself president to an end? Probably not and I wonder why that is...

[edit on 18/7/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastChance?

you forgot to mention that they threatened to wipe israel off the face of the earth.

I don't beleive they did. Please look up the translation. Theres plenty of pageson your favourite search engine.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Dear ThickHead,
As the saturation point of radioactive fallout is reached over the Northern Hemisphere I hope you have someone close so you don’t die alone. You can tell them how loving this world is.
Of course Bush is a damn Nazi! Sure he is flushing the Constitution down the toilet. It stinks lets revolt, I’m with you 110%.
Ignoring the other tyrants, including those made by the US will not help. Remember the 57 hostages? I spoke with the body guard of the Shaw at that time. The US deserted him and now we are faced with a far worse future. These people aren’t going to be humble once they load up with nukes (or advanced bio-agents). I’ve watched the facility being built in Iran to build missiles with a range of 5,000 kilometers. They already paid for an upgrade to 10,000!
It will be a safer world with the Islamic Theological countries overthrown and replaced with anything else. This can all be done with Special Ops and with no huge military operation because the people in these countries don’t like these fanatics anymore than they like the US.
Well all except the worse threat, Pakistan. They have too much US money and weapons from the drug trade and through our military supply route at that.
It is an ugly thing to see but it won’t get prettier with age. Of course as long as the little Nazi is in office they aren’t going to damage that drug route hell it took to long to establish.
So damn I guess we all need to find someone to be with.

new topics

top topics

join