It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Says that I am not a security risk "At This Time"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
After applying for a hazmat endorsement and filling out all the required documentation i was shocked to recieve a letter informing me that the TSA was reviewing me as a potential security risk!the reason? because i was born in germany,in a military hospital.it also listed that there were no records of my immigrating here !i promptly sent them a copy of my certification of american birth abroad from the consulate (birth certificate and a copy of some military records.i recieved a reply that i was not a risk at "THIS TIME" i was dumbfounded.if i had lied on the application i bet i would have never had a problem.i served 8 years in the army and have not even a parking ticket and here i was under review.is this our future?are we all at risk of being labeled potential threats just because of some govermental agency not reviewing all the info?in their defense they did correct the problem but what about the statement that i was not a threat "at this time "what are your thoughts on this ?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Government paranoia.Probably evryone is a potential security risk until found not to be.Don't worry about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
thats partof my point.,that it has gotten to the point that everyone is viewed with suspicion.i guess probably been like this awhile now .but it really hit home when i saw an official document with my name and the words potential threat in the same sentence

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well,it looks like your off the hook for now .Use the net to fact find and ask around.There's bound to be other people with similar experiences.You live in the US i take it?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Remember you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent as you did. That's the way the world works now.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Of course you realize that every employee of the TSA is considered an active security risk at all times because they have access to sensitive information and locations.

Kinda like the Fox watching the Chickencoop.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The same goes for any security clearance. That is the language, it is not a license good for life. It is a last known good checkpoint. You either meet criteria or you do not. If you cease to require your security clearance, it becomes inactive, and needs to be recertified to become reactivated.

The more you are trusted with, the less you are "trusted".
It ain't personal, until it is. Then it is too late!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My sister once applied for a linguistics job with the NSA. They turned her down, claiming that she couldn't gain security clearance due to the fact that she had lived overseas for a time (my mother had a job with the DoD - we lived on military bases the entire time). And yet, the NSA is being "forced" to hire foreigners as translators because there aren't enough "qualified" people here in the States.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
rightfully so they were suspicious. McCain is a real american as has been discussed here but he was born on a military base. He is an icon to the youth of america and a hero to people all over the world. Its simple eally why you were gone over like a fine toothed comb and that is because your not a real american. People though McCain wasnt until the senate voted unanimously to approve this noble veteran of his god given right to be an american. Only those born here in america are real americans as covered in some paper someone can quote from that is a real document.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
rightfully so they were suspicious. McCain is a real american as has been discussed here but he was born on a military base. He is an icon to the youth of america and a hero to people all over the world. Its simple eally why you were gone over like a fine toothed comb and that is because your not a real american. People though McCain wasnt until the senate voted unanimously to approve this noble veteran of his god given right to be an american. Only those born here in america are real americans as covered in some paper someone can quote from that is a real document.

What? Are you being sarcastic?

top topics

join