It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Held Hostages 444 Days; Bush43 Holds America Hostage 804 Days!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
WE DON'T TALK TO OUR ENEMIES UNLESS THEY FIRST SURRENDER. Bush43. "LIttle" John McCain a/k/a "4 More Years!"

The Bush/McCain NO TALK policy is officially abandoned. Well, by Israel and Iraq. Not by the clever by too much Texan Bush43 and 2008's Bush Junior “Little” John McCain late of Columbia and Mexico hunting for votes? I'd suggest McCain take a look at Invesco Field Denver to find where REAL voters are hanging out! Obama voters! Israeli PM Olmert - for who I have little regard or respect - said today that peace is “closer” than in his memory. Hey, you starve 1.5 million people (with the acquiesce of the US) and their will to resist tends to get weak! OTOH, if Hamas had not heroically resisted the Israeli torture of a whole population (Gaza) to the nth degree, do you really think Israel would be talking at all?

The world - as especially the US - is having to ENDURE Bush43 and his antics and novel way of speaking to others. “Hey cowboy what’s happening?” to Canada’s PM. Talk about a bull in a china chop! Bush43 is “high” on Russian Federation’s new president Dmitry Medvedev. Good news is Bush43 spared us his famous perspicuous if not downright miraculous “look into the eyes of Putin” and then he pronounced him a “democrat with a small ‘d.’” Please save that Sunday morning gibberish for a more appreciative audience, sir.

Iraq and Iran are talking in Turkey, NOT in W-DC where they should be. We’ll find out only what they want us to know. Iraq’s PM Maliki has asked the US for a TIMETABLE for our withdrawal! Sweet Jesus, Come Quick! Hello Obama, Goodby McCain! But hey, if you muff it every time, who wants to waste their valuable time? Bush43 did only 2 good (smart) things since he was rebuked in November, 2006. He fired Herr Oberfuhrer Rumsfeld 3,600 KIA Americans TOO late, and he hired Robert Gates to try to clean up Rummy’s mess. Oh, he did one especially bad thing, he pushed the Congress into giving HIM 18 months of money to continue our door busting tactics in Iraq. Of course, it is always true that “What the left hand giveth, the right hand can taketh away.” But it is TWO times as hard to take back money.

Hezbollah and Israel have TALKED and have agreed to exchange prisoners. This was done in EGYPT, and not in W-DC. No thanks to the Bush43/Cheney/Rice losing team!

We - Americans all - need to look into ways of getting the peoples will expressed in meaningful ways much quicker in this electronic age. The voters rejected Bush43's policies on November 7, 2006. Due largely to the Republicans capacity to BLOCK legislation in the Senate - 60 vote super majority required to pass important legislation - the voter’s will was thwarted by Bush43 and his GOP sycophants.

2006 changes were delayed until January 20, 2009. America has been without effective leadership for Eight Hundred Four days. 804. That’s 2 years, 2 months and 13 days. That is FAR too long for a lame duck Commander in Chief trying to concoct for himself a LEGACY to do mischief!

Finally, Iranian state TV quoted President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as saying Iran would welcome the idea of setting up a U.S. diplomatic office in Tehran. Of course, Bush43 and his Birmingham Songbird a/k/a Sec of State Condo Rice are stupefied! Flummoxed. Bumfuzzled. We may well settle the Iran Axis of Evil allegation even before we get rid of the political idiot who pronounced that stupid and harmful Texas-style talk.

Foot Note. I have not provided links because everyone knows what I'm saying is true.

[edit on 7/13/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have never understood the diplomacy position that George W. Bush has taken.

I heard somewhere the reason his diplomacy has failed so badly was because his cabinet was made up of Soviet Historians and the like. That no one knew enough Arabic. I don't know.

His diplomacy with the American People is just as bad. I don't remember a President that has hidden himself away from the media like George W. Bush. I have heard that this goes back to the invention of Radio.... he is the least interviewed President ever.

I don't know. If McCain were to get elected, I sincerely hope that he at least keeps up with his supposed Straight Talk on a regular basis. But I prey each day that he is not elected.

There is no way to negotiate with your enemies if you don't talk to your enemies. McCain would be rotting away in a Bamboo Cage if the United States had always maintained this policy of diplomacy.

DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

I have never understood the diplomacy position that George W. Bush has taken. I heard somewhere the reason his diplomacy has failed so badly was because his cabinet was made up of Soviet Historians and the like. That no one knew enough Arabic. I don't know.

Neo Con. New Conservatives. Pure and simple. Their theology is: "America is destined to rule the world. After the collapse of the USSR, the US had 20-30 years to exercise its hegemony and reshape the world in our image, to our design and to meet our needs." Ronald Reagan was the first neo con president and let's all hope Bush43 is the LAST!

It was ballyhooed in the 2000 GOP primaries that Condolezzee Rice who later served Bush43 as his head of NSC and is now the head of the State Department, was an “authority” on the USSR. I believe she was recommended to Bush41 by his old NSC head, Brent Scowcroft. B41 in turn passed her name on to B43. She has proved to be a disappointing amateur in foreign affairs, we have learned the hard way. But she has more Frequent Flyer miles than any other person in this Administration! BUT Bush43 does not want a strong Secretary of State or NSC person. That's why he dumped Colin Powell. TOO smart.

Republicans have always had a dilemma getting good blacks to work close to them. Condi was the answer to Bush43's prayer. She was the chancellor (No. 2) at Stanford U., a prestigious California institution. That gave her an intellectual pedigree sorely lacking in the Bush43 inner circle. VP Cheney, Herr Oberfuhrer Rumsfeld and Karl Rove along with ‘Scooter’ Libby. Plus her color made her Ms Token in the Oval Office. Perfect to get the coffee! (Colin Power was Mr Quota).

We have learned that Bush43 does not read anything himself. It is claimed his wife Laura reads to him at night. The last 90 page National Security Estimate - NSE - included a 5 page summary but Bush43 admitted he had not “read it all” when referring to the summary. If that willful neglect of duty is not an impeachable offense I do not now one when I see it. Look, religion or not, Bush43 says he talks to GOD and presumably, GOD talks back to him. We have not seen that over here since Charles 1 lost his head claiming to be Divinely Empowered to Rule England. 1649.

We have never been good at foreign languages. That comes in part because half of Americans are anti-intellectual. The former Scientific Creationists are now called the Intelligent Designers, they and their fellow travelers are the Republican base. Now of course it is too late to learn the language, the nuances and the culture of so many very different people across the Middle East and ending in the -stans.

I don't remember a President that has hidden himself away from the media like George W. Bush. I have heard that this goes back to the invention of Radio .... he is the least interviewed President ever. There is no way to negotiate with your enemies if you don't talk to your enemies. McCain would be rotting away in a Bamboo Cage if the United States had always maintained this policy of diplomacy.

The man is dumb. He coasted thorugh college because his father was 1) a rich republican; 2) a two term Texas congressman; 3) our ambassador to china; and 4) short time head of the CIA. With all that big league parental clout Bush43 was "given" all the grades he needed to get through school. Both Harvard and Yale did this. Our No. 1 and No. 2 schools. All for sale. He parents gave up on him, bought him a baseball team, and thought James Earl Bush - JEB - would be the one to carry on the Bush family legacy. But Bush43 had not only a mean streak, he had a stubborn steak.

When the 2000 race ended in Florida, JEB was governor, and the Supreme Court showed its true colors when it came pay-back time. The SC stopped the Florida vote counting when Bush43 was ahead 537 votes with over 10,000 votes not yet counted, and he became America’s FIRST designated president.

And here we are, 4,900 US KIA, 100,000 Iraqi and Afghan KIA and we are $3 t. in debt! Afghan has gone to heroin like our Columbia is gone to coc aine, and we are about to be "run out of Baghdad town" so we will have noting to show but IOUs for this 8 years of pure personal payback time for Bush43.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am confused with all of this Bush bashing. Could somebody, preferably a bush basher, tell me the names of the legislation he has passed that has caused so much turmoil for the last eight years? By the way I voted for Bush but don't agree with everything he has done. I am not defending him just want to be sure about the issues he has passed.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Great OP as usual DonWhite,

We can not have diplomacy because our corporate elected president never took that class in college while he was high on drugs and alcohol.

Diplomacy is not one side, it takes two sides to understand the situation and it needs a mediator to keep all head at level.

But when you have an agenda (and that is what the present administration has and have kept to this day) is not room for improvement.

The decider and his cons already think they hold the fate of the countries targeted in their agenda and the rest of the world.

Meanwhile our nation is becoming a bankrupt superpower, our economy is down the drain and we the tax payer is left to pay for the mistakes of greed and power.

Our nation is in a state in history that is very dangerous and all has been brought by a group of people that wants to hurry up and finish what their ancestors started almost one hundred years ago.

They already own the government the congress and about anybody that has to do with decisions and laws in Washington.

I always said that if I had a few millions I will buy some political butts in Washington myself.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

We can not have diplomacy because our corporate elected president never took that class in college while he was high on drugs and alcohol. But when you have an agenda (and that is what the present administration has and have kept to this day) is not room for improvement.

Exactly, Marg6043. A Ken Lay Enron agenda. Do nothing but by smart maneuvering made possible by Phill Gramm, you bring in millions for yourself by shuffling paper! The ULTIMATE service economy!

The DECIDER and his cons already think they hold the fate of the countries targeted in their agenda and the rest of the world. Meanwhile our nation is becoming a bankrupt superpower, our economy is down the drain and we the tax payer is left to pay for the mistakes of greed and power.

We will have incurred about $4 trillion new debt since Bush43 came to power. The R&Fs should have paid that in taxes but ho, the first thing he did was CUT taxes on the rich and famous. The balanced budget he inherited from Clinton was flushed down the toilet and the GOP let the good times roll!

Agenda. We never hear about the FLAT tax anymore. Know why? The Republicans have already got the FLAT tax. Long term capital gains - the selling of stocks and bonds - is taxed at 10%! If you are old, white, fat and rich, you’re on the FLAT tax! Say Thank You GOP! You do take care of your own.

Our nation is in a state in history that is very dangerous and all has been brought by a group of people that wants to hurry up and finish what their ancestors started almost one hundred years ago. They already own the government the congress and about anybody that has to do with decisions and laws in Washington. I always said that if I had a few millions I will buy some political butts in Washington myself.

You are so right, M43! But great challenges present GREAT OPPORTUNITIES and Barack Obama is the person who can LEAD the country in the right direction. We can do it! John McCain - a nice enough fellow - is a dinosaur left over from the Great Extinction. We just don’t need that type backwards looking leadership anymore!

Aside: Marg6043, I don’t want to get too personal on this board, but if you decide to go to Denver August 28, let me know and I’m pointing my thumb WEST wearing a big hand painted sign around my neck saying "Ride to Denver?"

Post Script.
Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., plans to make his Democratic National Convention speech on Aug. 28 at the 76,000-seat Invesco Stadium in Denver, rather than using the smaller Pepsi Center, where the rest of the party’s convention will be held. The change will allow Obama to address his largest crowd yet. A few months ago, the Illinois senator addressed a record crowd of 75,000 in a speech in Portland, Ore.
www.pbs.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I am confused with all of this Bush bashing. Could somebody, preferably a bush basher, tell me the names of the legislation he has passed that has caused so much turmoil for the last eight years? By the way I voted for Bush but don't agree with everything he has done. I am not defending him just want to be sure about the issues he has passed.

The GOP controlled the Congress - except for a brief time when the Dems held sway in the Senate - from '01 to '07. Between them and Bush43 the GOP passed endless bills that adversely effected the Poor and Poorer to the gain of the Rich and Famous. It seems it would be easier and more direct for you to post a few BILLS you like best for us B-B-er's to take a shot at?

You might want to review my reply to Marg6043 just above.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No DonWhite traveling is a nono for now as gas prices are digging a hole in our budget.

I wish I could go down to Jack to visit my brother but is going to get to expensive to do that.

I tell you is better to take the bus if you can.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No DonWhite traveling is a no no for now as gas prices are digging a hole in our budget. I wish I could go down to Jack to visit my brother but is going to get to expensive to do that. I tell you is better to take the bus if you can.

Sorry about missing the Denver trip but you are right, gasoline at $4+ makes a trip from Jax to Denver problematic at best! Mapquest says it is 1,763 miles one way to Denver from Jax. My old Buick gets about 17-18 mpg. If I don't have car trouble, that's $415 each way for gas! I won't have any money anyway until my check comes in on the 3rd of the month.Come Quick, Sweet Jesus! ASIDE: Did you know it is just 1,157 miles from Barcelona to Warsaw? Or Brussels to Moscow is just 1,400 miles. You have to go from Madrid to Kiev to get 1,775 miles about the same as Jax to Denver.

TRAVEL TIPS. A site worth visiting, the Millau Viaduct Project - France Spain border. This Cable-Stayed Bridge Project [was] completed January 2005. This project is being financed privately. This project has the highest bridge piers in world. Thus the title of the Highest Bridge in the World. The tallest will be 240 meters high. Overall height an outstanding 336.4 meters. bridgepros.com...
www.ruggedelegantliving.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Did I just step into the Democrat National Convention? Dang. I find I keep doing that more and more on ATS. Its hard to tell these days, with so many DNC propagandists and party apologists roaming the boards.

By the way, this is not "breaking political news" - this is left-wing political hack propaganda.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Did I just step into the Democrat National Convention? Dang. I find I keep doing that more and more on ATS.

I believe we are witnessing a MOVEMENT aborning. It is barely 113 days before the voters get to start a movement or turn their backs on tomorrow. (Posted July 14, 2008) See the following for another popular MOVEMENT.

Alice's Restaurant By Arlo Guthrie
“This song is called Alice's Restaurant
They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,
I said fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

And that's what it is, the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement, and all you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the guitar . . ”
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7/14/2008 by donwhite]

new topics

top topics

join