It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Of Speech, ATS, and Ending The Eternal September

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

You just made my point:

Originally posted by jsobecky
That's what Novus doesn't like; he wants to speak his mind without being challenged.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Js it goes both ways you know that, how many threads out there have post denigrating liberals, lib this or that.

I goes both ways and both sides can be as brutal in opinions, but this is a stage as elections are on the air.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

So you feel the need to challenge?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So, you've answered my question. You do hate people because they are conservatives.

Dragging liberal-bashing into the debate is irrelevant. You are responsible for your own actions.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

And you hate people because they are "liberals".

Bringing conservative bashing in to the thread was irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Only the self appointed self righteous ones Js, now you are generalizing my post. But is ok, I see you are frustrated and I forgive you for that.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
your laptop or desktop computer, you are expressing your Freedom of Speech, but never ever forget it is being watched, sorted, and filed.

Frankly...who cares? I think if my words are watched, sorted, and filed, I'll enjoy some kind of immortality.

It's the exchange of ideas and opinions via the written word that changed the world when printing presses and literacy brought about an "Enlightenment"....I suppose the government and those in power would love for you to be hesitant to express ideas because they may be "watched, sorted, and filed".

File this.....the U.S. government is in the pockets of big corporations and the current administration is a criminal enterprise.

I fully support the thread author's right to express his opinion and not be personally attacked. It might be distasteful....but he can express it.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
while the ATS Admin loves to give out Freedom of Speech here with ATS bounds, they do have the right through ownership to edit, modify, and delete stuff altogether, because we all know, we clicked on the acceptance of the webiste of ATS's Terms and Conditions in order to become a member of this international electronic arena of discussion.

I respect that and understand that, which is why I am even putting up this complaint. Thats why I went directly to SkepticOverlord to get a response and clarification to what exactly is subject to moderation, aside from what is clearly displayed in the T&C.

If having the opinion and expressing it on the death of an individual like Tony Snow is subject to moderation for things such as class and respect (I'm not speaking of T&C violations when referring to "moderation"), then I would like to know that now. I won't be happy with it, but I will abide by it and refrain from making those statements, because I don't feel it necessary to get banned for things like that.

But if it is not clearly defined and it is not subject to moderation, then I am going to say what I need to say, within the T&C, no matter how much everyone else dislikes it.

link   
Sigh... September 31st and holding, on this thread.

Anyone have any constructive ideas about what can be done to actually, like, you know, change things?

And not something like "everyone should just be happy polite balanced and considerate", because we're seeing how well that works...

Edit to add: Pardon my exasperation. I by no means intend to denigrate the many thoughtful replies on this thread.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Ian McLean]

link   
reply to post by Gools

Originally posted by Gools
This is an excellent example of why you get no respect from me and probably never will.

For somebody who has been around ATS for so long you sure have not changed your ignorant rhetoric over the years.

You're wasting you time here on ATS and so am I having any kind of interaction with you.

Nice talk, gools. You don't respect me. I'll cry me a river.

I've noticed you have a very short temper. And a lack of tact, btw.

So you can't prove your ALLEGATIONS and so you resort to personal attacks? This is the example a Super Moderator should be setting for the younger members on ATS?

Shame, shame.:shk:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

No comprende'. Please clarify.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

This is the example a Super Moderator should be setting for the younger members on ATS?

Maybe it is....Gools is a member first, and as such, has the right to express any opinion he holds while keeping it civil and decorous.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This is the example a Super Moderator should be setting for the younger members on ATS?

We're all members before we're mods.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

No comprende'. Please clarify.

You said that Novus liked to post without being challenged. So, do you feel the need to challenge?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Anyone have any constructive ideas about what can be done to actually, like, you know, change things?

To change things on an ATS wide scale, that will probably need the planning and executing of some plan by the staff.

But a nice start would be to clarify what is and is not allowed on ATS, namely, comments and opinions that, to some, hold no class or respect. Class and respect is mandatory towards members, so I am not talking about that. I am talking about class and respect to public figures and general ideas.

So thats the question. Is a post that is within the T&C subject to moderation simply because it is not classy, not respectful or is insensitive?

If that post is subject to moderation, then that should be written in as a rule somewhere so that it is known. If that post is not subject to moderation, then that should be made clear so that members do not attack others on the issue of class, and rather attack the subject and the post.

I don't know how much either of those will change things, though.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You said that Novus liked to post without being challenged. So, do you feel the need to challenge?

Yeah, sometimes. Don't we all?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

We're all members before we're mods.

Do you think his comments about me were warranted?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Gools

...so you resort to personal attacks?

Where is the personal attack?
Seriously.
Where is it?

The fact that I don't respect you is a personal attack? Nope, it's simply a statement of fact.

The fact that I pointed out that you have not changed your political rhetoric over the last four years on ATS despite all of the evidence supporting an articficial left-right, liberal/conservative, red cola/blue cola divide meant to separate us along lines that really don't mean a damn thing? Nope, again that is simply a statement of fact as evidenced by your double standard accusing anyone with a low opinion of Mr. Snow-job being a "conservative hater".

Is the personal attack in the line about you wasting your time on ATS and me wasting mine with you? Nope, again just an observation, no personal attack.

So I have to ask again.

I demand a retraction of your grossly false accusation!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yeah, sometimes. Don't we all?

Sometimes? Why do you feel the need to do it in this thread? I see you challenging at least 4 members here.

Btw, thanks, you've proven both of my points from the previous page.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

reply to post by Gools

...so you resort to personal attacks?

Seriously.
Where is it?

The fact that I don't respect you is a personal attack? Nope, it's simply a statement of fact.

It was totally uncalled for. I asked you to prove your allegations, and you lost your temper.

I can honestly say that I have never seen an example of good moderation by you in my entire time on ATS. You just like to throw your weight around.

You don't impress me.

The fact that I pointed out that you have not changed your political rhetoric over the last four years on ATS despite all of the evidence supporting an articficial left-right, liberal/conservative, red cola/blue cola divide meant to separate us along lines that really don't mean a damn thing? Nope, again that is simply a statement of fact as evidenced by your double standard accusing anyone with a low opinion of Mr. Snow-job being a "conservative hater".

You just hate it because I'm a tried and true conservative and you're a liberal and you can't convert me.

Is the personal attack in the line about you wasting your time on ATS and me wasting mine with you? Nope, again just an observation, no personal attack.

Wasting my time on ATS? What do you mean by this? Do you mean I'm wasting my time by responding to you? I already knew that.

I demand a retraction of your grossly false accusation!

No. You launched unwarranted personal attacks at me. Apologize.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join