It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Economy diving, All major bank stock prices dropping like a ROCK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
yeah i agree, we did lead our selves down this path die to greed and corporate power manipulating our economy to keep making profits and record revenues.

Yeah so someone said the banks have already bottomed otu and that they cont go much lower. Well. They can go lower. Called bankruptcy. They take everyones money, and the FDIC wont have enough leftover capital to protect the deposits of their loyal customers.

But if the alarming part is the rapid decline. Its basically has blindsided the banking sector. this inst a new problem the credit crisis. it isn't just in the last month this happened, but its just recently that all the banks are declining. If momentum is any clue, these banks aren't bottomed out yet. From $70 to $8 in 2 months. Bottomed out? No bottomed out is about $0.30. But with the current momentum and the fears of investors and the deposit holders i see more momentum going in the downward direction. The FDIC safety nets are being removed and the people will react to protect their investments.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

Another one hits the skids, Banksters are legalized Mafia's

America's regulators were last night shoring up the country's financial defences, after one of the biggest bank failures in US history sparked fears about the viability of the world's largest mortgage providers.

The Northern Rock-style collapse of California's Indymac Bank, which had assets of $32bn (£16bn), came amid speculation that regulators are also preparing to step in to save the two federally-backed finance houses known as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which together have commitments of $5 trillion, amounting to half of America's mortgage book.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

That is so true, one of my favorite rhetorics is that "you do not need to have in modern times a dictatorship or a totalitarian government to screw the people and rob them blind, all you need is the control by the fat rats of the two main elite political party".

And a corrupted type of capitalism with emphasis on corporate control.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
hello,

well, if you look at the 10 years stock index (you can take other stock indexes too, as they are kinda connected to each other):
indizes.wallstreet-online.de...

you see that the economy was about to almost collapse in 2002 already. (if you see the stock index drops as a indicator of a finance collapse)

Guess what was introduced back then... the EURO...

...and the stock index climbing hills again.

so, if the EURO is connected with stocks rising again, then it's more then likely that the AMERO will come true and will avoid a collapse.

However, this system like it is must collapse one day. It's born to die.

take care, guys.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
heres a better chart comparison. I compared the charts of
JP Morgan/chase
citigroup
Wells fargo
Wachovia
Bank of America.

5 year Chart

3 month chart

in the 3 month chart you can see the most steady was the Franie. then just basically the floor fell out the bottom.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by ghostlandseller]

[edit on 13-7-2008 by ghostlandseller]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I would rather not worry about this. I am sorry I ever read this thread. I'm going to have to watch the E! channel for 2 or 3 days to get my mind back on track. I heard all of this is planned and is how Bush will obtain martial law. This is far beyond our control so if Bush becomes dictator then so be it, things could be worse.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm getting 404s on those images.

The UK is in bad shape. The Government has already bailed out Northern Rock to the tune of £90+ Billion. We can't afford to prop another up.

They're talking of trying to hold off a recession, but I think it's already here, and things are yet to get much worse. Wait until October/November when people need to start buying oil for winter.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
I'm getting 404s on those images.

The UK is in bad shape. The Government has already bailed out Northern Rock to the tune of £90+ Billion. We can't afford to prop another up.

Nope we can't, however if we hadn't gone to war then we'd be in a better position, we wouldn't be great but better. Sorry to throw in the war here but it's all part of it.

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
They're talking of trying to hold off a recession, but I think it's already here, and things are yet to get much worse. Wait until October/November when people need to start buying oil for winter.

You will get people telling you we're technically not in a recession but they're really clawing at the edge of the cliff. I fear you're right about the winter months, like you i think this is when we'll see the big problems hit. Remeber also that people tend to use their cars mre in winter as they're afraid of going out on foot in the cold
. I guess i've put myself in a better position than most, i stocked up on rice and flour simply because i knew it'd save money in the long term.

As for heating costs, in the last two years i've been slowly stashing away some money to put us through it. I live with my parents but they didn't listen a great deal so i took action myself. I figured out bills for last year and tripled them, i'm sure we have enough to cover it.

The banks will go down soon enough and then the people who called us nuts will be regretting it. However i'd prefer something came along and saved us from the troubles rather than have the hardships

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

As for heating costs, in the last two years i've been slowly stashing away some money to put us through it. I live with my parents but they didn't listen a great deal so i took action myself. I figured out bills for last year and tripled them, i'm sure we have enough to cover it.

Very very smart. That's is what real survival is. Thinking ahead and acting on it. We are slowly stocking up on wood. Our new wood stove will arrive before the end of the summer. We wanted a corn stove but my fear is having the power grid go down and then were in the same boat as we would be with our gas furnace.

The banks will go down soon enough and then the people who called us nuts will be regretting it. However i'd prefer something came along and saved us from the troubles rather than have the hardships

I agree I would rather be thought of as nuts and have nothing happen then to have not warned and have it all fall apart unannounced.

As for the banks I am wondering if it already has gone to far? Is there anything that can stop the down hill slide?

[edit on 13-7-2008 by angryamerican]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A Revolution beyond our current limited "Scientific" understanding is coming.

It will not be instantaneous from what I have read and understood from various "Prophetic/Channeled" sources throughout the world...

it will be very gradual (3 decades)...and ultimately...the majority will become "Nomads" searching for food and shelter amongst many who would even dare to eat their own offspring...or "other's"...

I myself hope this does not happen...but it is a question to be left to the "Ultimate Power Mongers" that be...

Any insights would be greatly appreciated...if not...Rhetoric...

Love and Light to ALL...THE UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It looks like every one must be stocking up at they're favorite Wal-Mart. The stocks have been staying in the $55.00 to $59.00 range since April. Last September they were between $47.00 and $48.00. My brother in law has worked at Wachovia for about 10 years, was laid off then hired back as a temporary employ at half pay and no benefits. I may end up with a bunch of my wife's family moving in. I'll probably move into the barn if that happens.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
There are many Canadian banks buying out American banks as they start to crumble. Pretty wise move, as it means one heck of an investment when the economy gets back on it's feet, and having Canadian investment in them might give some form of a solid foundation by which to prevent a total collapse.

TD is already moving through banks at an incredible rate, BMO is doing it's bit. I'm not sure if RBC has gotten into the game yet, but they're all poised and waiting for them to drop one by one so they can grab them.

It would be ludicrous to assume other countries aren't doing the same. But I haven't heard anything from their end yet.

Who knows, maybe the way we can avoid a total world crash is if the the US's finances come under new ownership.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The decline in bank stocks are nly one aspect of the picture, though they surely are a barometer of where things are headed. Interesting to see if they try to bail out Fannie Mae and all on Monday.
The United States and the rest of the world is facing financial crisis of proportions not seen since the Great Depression. Unfortunately the American president has not displayed the intellectual capacity to deal effectively with what is a bankrupt financial system. The airline companies of America, once a kind pride of the nation, are laying off employees by the thousands. Independent truck drivers are going broke because of fuel costs. Tens of thousands of home repossessions are occurring every month, and at an escalating rate.
Somebody has got to steer this foolo on the hill in the right direction, but one gets the impression he is surrounded by the wrong kind of people.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
So by turning the US into the sacrificial lamb, we will save the world economy?

Just transfer all the US owned finances to foreign countries. Might prevent a total economic collapse but it wil lalso prevent any further developement. It will also screw the Feds in the 0ss as well. If they print more money they will basicly jsut be handing money over to other countries for no reason.

This is why i think the feds would rather let the banks fail then allow it to be sold to foreign countries. So i think they would rather prefer a mass crash so the foreign banks wouldn't be able to accumulate all our banks and then give us a clean foundation to start again from.

kinda far fetched thinking but this is all skeptical.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
So basically the way the federal reserve works is it produces all this non-existent money, everyone has a party with the fake money, then one day the amount of money in circulation gets too large, and someone goes wait - this money isnt really what its claimed to be worth, they call in their debts & withdraw their investments (money which is by now worthless), and everyone goes broke?

Then the process starts over again.

What an awesome system we have allowed to be imposed on ourselves..

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
SO BIG NEWS!

Federal Reserve comes to rescue of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage giants

Fed comes tothe rescue NY times

So this saves one giant disaster, but will they be able to afford the next bank to go under? and then the next?...

Looks like bank stocks might get a ood rebound from this in the short term but time will tell what will happen come a week or a month from now.

Im hearing A LOT of fluff on the media...ITS OK! They aren't having problems!!!! there JUST FINE!!!!!..bla bla bla...BS!!!!!

[edit on 14-7-2008 by ghostlandseller]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

you do release this crash is deliberate.? not by the banks themselves but by the circle of tyrants who own half of the global wealth. you know the few families, like the rockafellas bilderbergs etc,.

i cant remember the details. but end of the day the collapse is deliberate.

someone else care to elaborate?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostlandseller
Federal Reserve comes to rescue of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage giants

Around the world at this very moment you can hear members of the media and those who parrot them on ATS saying "DAMMIT! THIS IS NOT GOING TO MAKE MANUFACTURING DOOM AND GLOOM ANY EASIER!!!" Darn it! Now the media and the ATS doom crowd is going to have to go into over-time to try to cause a run on the banks. Roll out! Quickly! Get that fear mongering going!

Originally posted by ghostlandseller
So this saves one giant disaster, but will they be able to afford the next bank to go under? and then the next?...

You mean like the banks have gone under again..and again..and again...over 3,500 times since the FDIC began? I think people should really do their research. Bank failures are not all that unusual. It happens quite frequently, its just pumped up more to try to instill panic due to the media and the media mouthpieces on ATS.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by qbik2008
A Revolution beyond our current limited "Scientific" understanding is coming.

It will not be instantaneous from what I have read and understood from various "Prophetic/Channeled" sources throughout the world...

it will be very gradual (3 decades)...and ultimately...the majority will become "Nomads" searching for food and shelter amongst many who would even dare to eat their own offspring...or "other's"...

I myself hope this does not happen...but it is a question to be left to the "Ultimate Power Mongers" that be...

Any insights would be greatly appreciated...if not...Rhetoric...

Love and Light to ALL...THE UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS...

there's brand new empty houses all over the place, people can't pay for them, the developers can't pay their bills, but the houses are still there....may I suggest that these nomads would more than likely have a nice selection of houses to move into? they wouldn't have enough manpower to kick them all out. at least in my area, there's plenty of empty office spaces, storefronts, and homes. It's unimaginable that all these people would be homeless, and all that be left empty.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
yeah bank failures happen all the time! just like small town grocery stores go under all the time.

So grocery stores go under all the time, WalMart then goes under, and target looks like its going to gun under. Thats a big deal.

just like in the banks. A few small ones go under. No biggie. its business, it happens, But when there are so many banks of this MAGNITUDE that are one the brink and doing all that they can to walk the tight rope of bankruptcy then it becomes a major issue.

It not about the banks going under, its about the VERY LARGE, banks going under. because theres so much FAKE money dished out by banks, through loan after loan after loan. All of it the same money, that if they o under, WHERES THE MONEY GOING TO COME FROM? It isn't REAL. It will have to be printed out by the feds. and that will lead to HARD CORE inflation.

thats the problem. All the families who could end up on the street because one night the bank closed it doors and kept all their money. i know what its like to not have access to my money, and to have my business taken away from me. It is hard, it is unjust and you have to fight and scramble to get by. you either have to dig yourself into a deep hole or get really creative like i did. and most will opt for the hole.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join