It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe is a brothel!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Since everyone in the universe has a price, we're all whores. With the strong illusion of pain, we'll do anything to get rid of pain, so we can live as comfortable as possible. A starving person in Sudan will kill for 'one slice of bread', because they're in pain. With that said, we'll all do anything to suffice our pains. So in a sense, we're all whores in this universe. How much are you worth? What lenghts will you go to, to ease 'your' pain? Are you a cheap whore, with no integrity or are you a high-class whore?

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Aquarius18Rising]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Drugs are bad.

Really bad.

They make you think random thoughts at very early hours after ingesting a lot of chemicals.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
SHrooms will make people have the strangest associations.

Like scribbling the mathematical formula describing the meaning of life all night only to wake up the next day at 1 in the afternoon with a dry scratchy throat and a notepad with the pythagoram theorem scribbled all over it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius18Rising

There is physical pain and mental pain. Which are you referring too?

There are different remedies for each.

I hope you are not fishing for a discussion concerning which drugs people prefer. Please clarify your question.

If you are asking about drugs then I will bow out of this discussion as I believe it is against the T&C to discus such matters.

Clarification please and thank you.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Any of that may be true.... but what is your point exactly? Does any of this relate to any type of conspiracy, religion, aliens, or paranormal happenings? You caught my attention by using the word brothel, now lets have some follow through. Or watch your thread get piled on the already overflowing heap of junk threads.

So tell me, what's your point?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I like this thread. It makes me think what I would actually do... I hope I have integrity.

I would not do crazy stuff to go on a spaceship with some gay alien.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Has the OP ever heard of sadists and macicists? They sort of break the rule the OP is refering too. I my self due to certain illnesses in the past can complety disregard pain to achieve my own goals, do I break the OPs rule? So far this thread seems to have littile standing. There are several incidents in which people completely surpase pain and ignor it completely. Just to note, I am refereing to both physical and mental pain.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A few Billion and a trophy wife would set me straight.
Maybe a few vacation spots? Heard San Tropez is lovely in the winter.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

This is just a poor analogy from someone who is making no sense what soever.
If it were to start out with host and parasite then it might be different. But then..... im not thinking so much.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

There is physical pain and mental pain. Which are you referring too?

There are different remedies for each.

I hope you are not fishing for a discussion concerning which drugs people prefer. Please clarify your question.

If you are asking about drugs then I will bow out of this discussion as I believe it is against the T&C to discus such matters.

Clarification please and thank you.

Physical and mental pain are the same thing. Mental pain hurts your physical body(i.e head, chest etc.), just like physical pain. Theres only one type of pain and that's "physical pain" boss.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Any of that may be true.... but what is your point exactly? Does any of this relate to any type of conspiracy, religion, aliens, or paranormal happenings? You caught my attention by using the word brothel, now lets have some follow through. Or watch your thread get piled on the already overflowing heap of junk threads.

So tell me, what's your point?

My point is that we really have no choice in life. We're all victims of circumstances. So in other words, if we would've been born in 3rd world Africa, we would be a completely different person, then a person born in America. our morals and value system would be completely different.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Yes, for the mos tpart you're right. A lot of who we are is based on where we are brought up, and by who.
So, what exactly is your point, and please don't make it one that's been drug through the dead horse. /

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think that I clearly stated it, in the post above yours, did I not?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
like I said shrooms will make people think some crazy things.

Um this is like not a one line post or something

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I disagree with your saying that mental and physical pain are one in the same.

Thirty years ago I was a spokesperson for a mental health group. The theme of many of my presentations was that your mental health many times can effect your physical health. On this point I do agree with you.

However, physical pain need not effect a persons mental health. Yes, sometimes we become depressed when we have physical pain but it certainly is not the normal.

Many , many people that are in pain daily still maintain a good mental state. I have my own personal experience with chronic pain. There are some days I can walk and other days I am confined to a wheel chair. On the days I fall out of bed and need the assistance of my chair I remain happy and thankful I have a wheel chair to use and I do not let my pain stop me from doing what I desire to do.

Many of us with terrible pain are just happy to be alive. People can and do learn to accept and live with pain.

Yes, there are at least two kinds of pain. Yes, poor mental health can and does cause you physical pain sometimes. Yes, poor health can lead to poor mental health. But the two need not always combine.

I am still asking for clarification as to what you are asking in your first post.

I believe this could lead to a good discussion if you could clear things up a bit.

top topics

join