It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

okay. this just weirded me out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I sometimes get auditory hallucinations when I'm falling to sleep or waking up. I talked to a doctor about it a couple of years ago and was told it was quite normal. It might be that you got a hallucination that unfortunately had uncomfortable connotations for you psychologically. That's just the sceptic in me talking, though, and perhaps you should pursue some of the alternative theories here if that's where your interest really lies?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This reminds me of a story my good friend told me a while back. He has swore to me that he had some unexplained things happen in his house. One particular incident that reminded me of your post was as he was sleeping his radio turned on and starting playing coupled with a strong smell of dog feces. He actually though his dog went all over his bed it was that strong. Some people suggest that the nice scent like flowers are good spirits and terrible smells are the other.

M

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Say bro, if you want to make contact with these entities then good luck. Read all you can before you open this can of worms. There's a lot of info on these type of encounters. Sites like think-aboutit.com and educate yourself.com could help you shed light. Personally I hope its your Guardian angel, mine has the voice a favorite aunt and says hello when I am alone at times.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
First thing that came to my head whilst reading your post is that the message was probably one of comfort and love. Don't be afraid by it, welcome it. I've shared similar experiences and it's natural to be abit freaked out by it because we do not understand it.

I've heard of people having similar experiences and those messages have saved lives. Maybe spirits have knowledge of the future?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I joined ATS because of this thread.

Auditory hallucinations. Your story sounds sorta like my story, I hear my name being shouted right in my ear from time to time. No instructions, just my name.

But once in a while I get a gunshot sound. That freaks me out a lot. But except for one time, it's all been either when I'm waking up or really tired.

I believe that random electrical discharges in the hearing part of the brain are responsible. The brain isn't understood very well, so to me it's plausible.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iwant2believe1992

It sounds sorta like what happened to me before I went to sleep, except it sounded like children screaming. I got the feeling that they were being burned alive... I also heard a woman's voice but I couldn't make out what she was saying.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iwant2believe1992

My basic view of your situation.

1. You're hallucinating for no apparent reason, maybe your mind as you dozed off thought of your grandmother. This can include smells, tastes, visions and sounds.

2. You're being haunted by your grandmother worried you aren't getting enough sleep.

3. You're hoaxing, but i will give you the benefit of the doubt.

the fact you said you were dozing off kind of suggests it's a dream state rather than being haunted sorry.

EDIT

Oh i should point out that there is nothing wrong with hallucinations when you're falling asleep. I've had auditory hallucinations when asleep for years. Mostly clicks and bangs, whooshing sensations etc. They are usually when i'm just waking up or just dropping off to sleep. It's your brain transitioning from awake to asleep and completely ok so don't worry about it to much.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It sounds to me like you farted and in your sleepy state your brain turned it into a "voice" telling you what you were currently doing.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hmm, reminds me of what ive experienced some times.

It happend everytime i was almost fallen asleep completely. I began to hear peoples conversations with eachoter. As soon as i started to listen i was waking up and the conversation dissapeared.

I guess it has something to do with getting into a different state of being or consciousness when your drifting into a state of sleep, and you can hear and probably see people that are actually living in that state of being.

Has to do with dimensions and vibrations.

I dont know if its true, but this is what i think, based on my own experiences.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Past life memory...maybe.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with you. My experiences:

LIstened to two female voices discussing something. (Between sleep and wake state)

Listened to a man talk about something casually (Between sleep and wake state)

Experienced a demonic presence (3) times in OBE.

Heard and seen shadow figure call me (buddy) after thinking of hatred (awake).

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have experienced something similar most of my life, at least since i was about 10 years old. What happens to me is that I hear sounds. Music that I have never heard before. I have never been a person really into music. But as I fall asleep, I start to hear music. All kinds. Rock, Rap, Reggae, Country, Talk. When I was young I figured it was just music playing somewhere in the house or in the neighborhood. But since I have grown up (42 now) I still hear it just as I am falling asleep. I can sing along to songs that I have never heard before in my life.
At night I listen to coast2coast with headphones on, so I know I am not hearing all these things on the radiao. During the day I drive a truck, I listen to talk shows, they dont play the kind of music that I hear at night.
I have never heard a voice speak directly to me. Does anyone else experience anything like this?
For me it happens at least 3-5 times a week. Even started keeping a "Dream Diary" to keep track of it, over ten years worth of entries.
Doesnt bother me or anything, I sort of look forward to it.
If anyone has ever seen that episode on Gilligans Island about the fillings, its sort of like that, except i dont have any fillings.
Hope someone can share an experience on this.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i would think it has something to do with lack of sleep;

One time, when I was in the Navy and on watch (quarter deck) my head was nodding as I was trying to stay awake. As my head went down on one of these nods the pencil in my hand turned to a banana peel as I went to write on the log. Needless to say it woke me instantly. Very weird.

Then a few minutes later, I started to fall asleep again with the same head nod and all of a sudden a van with a lady in it appeared right in front of me. Like
..whoa...need to wake up right?

Then of course a few minutes later, as I am trying to stay awake with everything I got, my body almost fell over as I practically fell asleep while standing. As I was falling and my eyes closing I saw a very "large" lady sitting at some benches that were to the left of me. Of course as I opened my eyes when I came to (a second later) the lady was gone.

Anyway, I think what you experienced is your mind playing tricks on you due to the lack of sleep. It is weird when it happens, but it happens none-the-less. Though I wouldn't know how to explain the smell

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

she was like that as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If you get some similar thing again from 1 pm on, especially if it is a directive to sleep, I would consider starting a journal, and taking the times down, perhaps learning lucid dreaming. Et abduction scenarios often happen while sleeping, and if you awake you are given a false memory, or an interesting dream. You should perhaps read some accounts and go through the online questionaire concerning abductions to see if they seem familiar or have a resonance with you. Actual events have a resonance that most people can detect. Trust yourself regarding what seems right to you. You could also see some of the online pictures of scoop marks, some of them are very small, and can be overlooked as a bug bite, except they don't itch or hurt, and usually look a little bit like a hole, and they take a little long to heal. Anyway, its just one more possibility.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwant2believe1992
it must be approximately 4:35 in the morning where i'm at. i've been watching some comedy movies. just now, as i was drifting to sleep, i closed my eyes and heard a female voice i've never heard (and i've just confirmed that there are no people awake and no females in the house at all) telling me, "Go to bed, ____" i'm not willing to insert my name. its a comfort issue. well, needless to say i didn't follow her(?) advice and i darted up my head to see who was there. the room was completely lit with not a soul in it. the room next to me holds my uncle who is currently sleeping and doesn't even sound remotely like the voice i heard. and he's pretty terrible at making up fake voices. now, there are two possibilities i am considering. my dead grandmother (who died some 7 years before my birth) or some kind of spirit. and now that i think of it, there's a smell of dirty cat litter although i've just confirmed there is A) no litterbox in the household and B) there is no CAT at all in the household. are there any suggestions? this freaks me out to no end, guys. if it's my dead grandmother, why is she contacting me? if it's someone/something else, who/what is it and what does he/she/it want? And what's with the dirty cat litter smell?

[edit on 13/7/08 by iwant2believe1992]

you wouldnt happen to be a regular participant of the 11:11 phenomena...i think it could be your gaurdian or midwayer telling you to go to bed...look up urantia book and find midwayer...they usually talk to us when we are really relaxed and listening in the deep alpha state...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Eh, didn't feel like logging in....I'm lazy...

What it is, is your subconscious. Nothing to be afraid of here, it's actually quite common. I get it a lot when trying to go to sleep.

It's when your mind is getting ready to drift off to slumber and your imagination is still raging. Sorry to bust your bubble.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexpop
I sometimes get auditory hallucinations when I'm falling to sleep or waking up. I talked to a doctor about it a couple of years ago and was told it was quite normal. It might be that you got a hallucination that unfortunately had uncomfortable connotations for you psychologically. That's just the sceptic in me talking, though, and perhaps you should pursue some of the alternative theories here if that's where your interest really lies?

That's exactly what I say. Only I didn't feel like logging in to say it.

TOTALLY NORMAL. It's not spirits.

edit-- I used anonymous post, then logged in... Ha ha....

[edit on 13-7-2008 by The dragon is taking over]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join