It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian wins gay driving ban case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Italian wins gay driving ban case

news.bbc.co.uk

An Italian court has ordered the government to pay 100,000 euros ($157,700) to a man who had to retake his driving test because he was gay.

Danilo Giuffrida, now 26, told doctors he was homosexual during a medical examination for military service.

The information was passed to the defence and transport ministries.

Mr Giuffrida was told to repeat his driving test or have his licence suspended because of his "sexual identity disturbance".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Sexual identity disturbance....what kinf of muppet sits there and thinks up these concoctions of words that are a deliberate aim at seggregation and discrimiantion?

What type of wannabe eliteists are these people?

Nazi's?

I am soi glad this guy won and even happier that the court is amking the government pay...shame the government will only use tax money though.. But, never mind, a blow has been struck.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Just read this article and nearly fell off my chair. What on earth does someone's sexuality have to do with their driving skills? Is Italy really as backward as that, using this as harassment--for someone who is serving their country in the military, no less?

The fine is quite large by European standards, especially for a case with no physical harm, so apparently the judge was also outraged.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Quite absurd to force something like this. I wonder if it has happened in any other countries, just not 'on the record'?

new topics

top topics

join