It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am living in between two realities

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I just remembered another example that's happened to me a few times. I'll see a preview for an upcoming movie or TV show. then see NOTHING about it for a long period of time, until i forget all about it. then i'll start seeing advertising campaigns for the movie like a year or two down the road.

or vice-versa-- i'll remember a movie having a theatrical release, but it will be something not really of my interest, so i won't bother reading about it or seeing it-- and then 6 months or a year down the road, i'll start seeing 'coming soon to a theater near you' previews. very odd.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
well Nightstalker i'd have to say that that's entirely possible, sometimes movies are released at the wrong time and they flop, only to be re-released a year later to great success, ever heard of "The Man Who Sued God"? released in Australia years before anywhere else, just because of the way the company wanted to do it.

On the topic of this thread, i've had this occurence only once that i can think of, it was when i was in the car with the radio on and they announced this new song that had "Never before been played in Australia". as soon as it came on i could recite pretty much every line off the top of my head, it felt somewhat surreal, like i hadn't actually heard the song, but the lyrics were just sitting there in the back of my mind. I checked to see if it was a cover or something, but it's definitely an original. I spoke to a friend of mine about it and he said that he'd had stuff like that happen to him as well from time to time.

if anyone's interested the song was "Beautiful Soul" by Jesse Mcartney

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This thread has really brought back a strong memory from when i was a teenager, Must have been around 1995/6 when a film called Jamanji came out at the cimena, I went to watch it with my GF. A few days later we were at her house and her grandparents were there, Her Grandad was in his 80's and talk got on to films and he started going on abouut how he watched this really enjoyable film on TV the previous night. Jamanji. I didnt belive him and kept telling him the film had only come out at the Cinema the previous week but he was addament that he had watched it on TV, he recalled verything about the film, even parts that you wouldnt have seen from just trailers.

For some reason this incerdent has always stayed with me and i have never forgotten what he said. There is no way he watched it on TV and no way he would have gone to the cinema to watch it. Strange.!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara

Why is it so many people automatically point out psychological disorders? How many people are locked up in psych wards, doped up on so many meds that they are pretty much in a perpetual catatonic state, but are really not insane at all?

Is it totally out of the realm of possibility that something like this cannot occur? Or would that make you feel too uncomfortable in your reality?

It may have to do with the following reason: It has never ever been proven by any of the 6 billion people on this earth that any of this is real. And when paranormal things happen, its only to people that doesn't have a camera or or have any way of documenting it.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Originally posted by riggs2099

How was I being disrespectful...I was offering another alternative. Your belief in his story does not make it fact, just because I offered an alternative theory to his story and that he may delusional does not make me disrespectful.

It takes a lot of courage to come forward with what this person had to say. If you can offer something constructive that is something different.

How about asking if the person ever sought help before you slam them?

It does not take a lot of courage to come forward with this at all. First of all, the person is anonymous, and second, what is so freakin' strange about this story that it takes courage?. So stop saying that it takes a lot of courage.

Apparently a lot of people can have this experience because of brain disfunctions. And by that, I don't say that there is something wrong with their head or that they need help. It's simply the way our brain works at times. It slides perfectly in to the same category of deja vu. Its all in the brain. And we love to talk about it

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

Well, I was only pondering what's going on in the form of questions, and don't really expect an answer.

It's just that there's a "normal" tag people collectively decide. Anything that does not fit into the "normal" mode is outcast, or assumed it is a medical problem.

There may indeed be medical problems for some. But I don't think all.

I feel one day science will join with spirituality and then greater understanding will result. It is possible.

We'll just wait until CERN fires up and they try to test and find their "God particle." Michio Kaku, physicist and author of "Physics of the Impossible," really talks about CERN a lot and what they might be able to find. Or at least scientists like him hope to find.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

Well, as the skeptic I am, I do hope we will find out more/discover new dimensions and things like that. And yes, it will be fun to see the results from the VLHC or whatever it is called

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
here's my short recent experience that isn't too significant. It's about a word spelling.

I remember clearly last week as I was typing an e-mail to someone that my spell checker picked up the word pillow. I thought it was a mistake so searched the web on multiple online dictionaries and they all came up as 'pillo'. So I started spelling it like that. Then this week I saw the word pillow online spelled with a 'w' and wondered if I was imagining things. So I decided to look at all of the dictionaries and the spelling has changed back to what I remembered it. So that's it for me - for about a week, I was convinced the word pillow was spelled without a 'w'. nothing really significant but odd nevertheless.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am no expert in psychology or time travel but to me all of this sounds as if all of you (except buble for a reason ill metion later) seem to be trying to remeber memories of your childhood. 10 or even 5 years is more then enough for your memories of a certain event to fade.

im sure that if we get a family together and question them about a Christmas they had 10 years ago they will all remember something different. the dad said it was raining, the mom said it was snowing, the older daughter said they had turkey while the younger son said they had chicken.

the thing that got me thinking is the what buble said about the calculator paper thing. if his reality does jump from one to another why does only one of the number change. unless the time jumps don't effect paper or electronics(?).

maybe you live too close to cern and they already started experimenting
you never know. good luck with this though

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Remember people, reality is just waves, we create our own reality therefor you can have memorys/split lives or watever, if you believe them to be true, well you can make them true.

This world is one strange place!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
have now been looking at the ats site for about 6 months and have found it to be very interesting
im interested in most topics and find it very educational
my problem is that one week i believe in ufos and 911 consperacies and the following week i dont.
the week i disbelieve i feel quite low and let down,because i want to believe.
the week i believe i have lot of energy and think there is hope out there and something good is going to happen and make everything better but this topic has knocked my socks off.
because i have had personal experiences that relate to this topic i now have evidence within myself
people wish to believe or not i dont care because i can share this experience with the people it matters to.
sorry for not getting to the points
here goes,when i was at primary school age 8 we had a sweet shop on the corner of road outside and we all used to go after school.
one day the police came into class with the owner and the owner had identified.
the police said that i had stolen a charity box that was next to the till,i said no i havent
the policeman said the owner said it was you.
anyway i have no explanation and i could not be more honest with you guys on ats but it wasnt me and would not do anything like that.
next experience was when i was 19 and was working with saab and coming to the end of apprenticeship we went on a four day course.the second to last evening we sat down for dinner.
next day in classroom the head of training came in and asked to speak to myself
he took me in his office and said last night at dinner you verbal abused the waitress and was excessivelly drunk.i was removed from the course and returned to work.
yet again i have no memory of what was supposed to have happenend.
i remember having a good evening and enjoying a bloody good steak....

so guys what is going on,,,,,,,i say again i cannot be more honest.
am i mad or do these scenarios mean nothing and im way off topic and subject.
but thanks for reading and sorry for going on to much

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i have now registered and forgot to mention in previous that i dont drink
i could of asked other apprentices what happened that night but i was sent home and too embarresed.
it remains a mystery to me and maybe no oneelse.
maybe there is two realities.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
if you were drunk at the restaurant then you wouldn't remember. and as for the robbery maybe the guy was just a a-hole. these things aren't 2 realities just memory problems.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
as i said previous i do not drink and we were in a hotel representing saab,alcohol was not served and allowed.
these were two very real experiences.
why was i identified twice for two different cases.
maybe it was a bad and vary rare coincidence.
i dont suffer from memory loss and the story hasnt changed as time progressed.
perhaps there is logical explanation.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Too all the people saying I'm crazy or schizophrenic, don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind. But I recently had a brain scan for something unrelated, a baseball injury, and the doctor commented on how remarkably healthy my brain looked.

I am glad to see some of the positive comments here. Sorry if seems as if I am ignoring specific questions, I don't intend to, but I have a hard time finding time with four children.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
maybe its not a visible kind of damage. it could be psychological damage. maybe that injury messed up your memory making you confused.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix

Also a version of the Simpsons that is about Republican election fraud that was hilarious as Lisa visits the graveyard to find that the dead have risen and voted republican,the diebold voting machines were one armed bandits where you pulled the lever and three Sideshow bobs would come up,Mayor Quimby lost to sideshow bob 1 to 101percent with a 1% margin of error I was in tears of laughter and no there never,ever has been a Simpsons cartoon that funny in this time line.

I have seen that episode! I even remember commenting at the time that it was a bit of a risky move by the studio to my girlfriend. Anyone else?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yep. that was a real simpsons episode in this timeline.

www.snpp.com... there's a summary of it near the bottom of this page, it was titled 'Sideshow Bob Roberts' and aired back in '94.

can we fact check a little better guys? this kind of stuff doesn't exactly help the case that we're not all crackpots...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It may have to do with the following reason: It has never ever been proven by any of the 6 billion people on this earth that any of this is real. And when paranormal things happen, its only to people that doesn't have a camera or or have any way of documenting it.

It just so happens that I always have a camera and recorders available to document the paranormal. The paranormal happens to people whether they are able to document the experience or not.

I have been fortunate to document many of my experiences, and on the flip side,there have been times when I have been unable to document paranormal activity, as it happens so fast that I can't reach my recording equipment or cameras in time. The times that I am fortunate enough to record and document the paranormal is only a percentage of the paranormal experiences that I have encountered from the age of four.

I didn't have the means to document the experiences that I had when I was younger, so not all people who have experiences are unable to document what has happened, as on many occasion on the internet, there have been people posting photos of the paranormal, when they were intending to photograph something else.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
maybe its not a visible kind of damage. it could be psychological damage. maybe that injury messed up your memory making you confused.

I sincerely doubt a low grade concussion that I missed zero days of work from would cause me to re-remember my entire childhood. I discuss this with my wife many times, before the concussion, and she recalls these discussions.

I'm not trying to be patronizing but I think I will trust the judgment of a rather renowned neurologist when he says my brain is in tip-top shape.

Anyways, sorry for the long absence. To be honest, I was a little put off with the lack of tactfulness some of you displayed so far.

If you have questions, I'll try my best to answer them. If you want to ask me something really specific, the best way to reach me is through PM.

What I would really like is people to continue sharing their experiences in regards to this phenomena.

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join