It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Loves you...Thats why he hates you...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Your thinking of Lucifer, which your right is a Babylonian King mentioned in prophecy about a parable the children of Israel would tell after his fall, death, and children's deaths. Lucifer isn't The Satan of Job though.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by amitheone

How can you quote Blavatsky? She was a racist quack.

The Satan has never been Saturn. Saturn and Kronos were considered by the Romans and Greeks to be the same as El, the head of the Canaanite Pantheon known as the Elohim.

Kindly quote where you get your sources from. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

here's one

Praeparatio Evangelica IV.xvi: “Kronos [El] was deified in the star Saturn.” This statement is quoted by Eusebius from Philo’s redaction of the lost Phoenician History of Sanchuniathon. Some classical writers, among them Tacitus (Histories V.4) alleged that the Jews were worshippers of Saturn; cf. Augustine’s refutation in Contra Faustum Manichaeum XX. 13.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I should mention that the Saturn/Jupiter, Kronos/Zeus, El/Baal, Anu/Marduk mytheme seems to be constant from Babylon to Rome.

In the various myths there is always some weird relationship between the Sky god/Time god -head of the pantheon and a young Storm god. In all the myths, the Storm god proceeds the Skyfather as head of the pantheon. An exception is the Norse where Thor never takes over the pantheon from Odin.

[edit on 13/7/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
the further you go back in "christian" history or where "god" originates from ,
the more its not what you are taugth.

we should thank egypt for their documentation
the mediterratian for their echo
and be on guard for roman propaganda

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

Thanks for the reply. Do you hear what the spirit is saying?

The Bible is the word of God. The Bible is where God talks to you, and praying to God is where you talk to God.

The word for eternal in the bible is eon and means "vanishing point" or "time out of mind" and not forever

Eternity is where time does not exist. It goes on for infinity or forever. Time only belongs to this material reality - the fabric of space time. At infinity, the fabric of space time does not exist. Physical laws break down at the singularity or at infinity.

as anything created has an end (alpha and omega) nothing is forever.

Anything created which became evil and chose not to follow God has an end. They are not forever, but the children of God are for eternity.

Thanks for your reply and I see your heart, As I said before, Satan is a title as another gentleman already pointed out, meaning adversary. When Jesus was led into the desert, he was led away in spirit. Spirit is IN THE BODY contrary to popular doctrine. "Don't you know that you are the temple and that the holy spirit lives in you?" Forgive me, these are off the top of my head, but I can get the scripture reference for you if you wish. Holy means Hallowed, like to scrape out the insides so to fill up again. Again, If you look up forever, in the Hebrew, you will not find infinity, but eon and this is not forever, but a "time out of mind". Also, God speaks to you. He calls you by name and when he does, listen. You will learn to fear the Lord for real. The book is not eternal, but his word (spoken) is eternal, hence the importance with the Jews for "oral" tradition. "Those with ears to hear"...he meant this literally and metaphorically and says it after almost every sermon. He is inside and thus tells his disciples meaning, the ones he is disciplining, "to those of you on the inside it is given to know the secrets of heaven, but to those on the outside everything is given in parables"

Do you really believe God would torture or allow torture of people when he "takes NO PLEASURE in the death of sinners". I encourage you to read from the Hebrew and Greek word for word translation. It will open your eyes to what is really being said. Check out Scripture 4 All. It is a free download and will blow your mind, when you begin seeing the Gross mistranslations, Especially with the KJV, It is NOT the authority as people are led to believe. God created the earth and established it to be dwelt in. "Be fruitful and multiply". He wants HOLY offspring to dwell in as he is the "LORD of HOSTS". He is not in an ethereal plane, but right here with us, bearing every dumb decision we make. The cross is time and He is crossing time with you as a vessel. In a sense you are a time machine. "I have made you, I will bear you." What do you think the "pearl" was buried in the "field". One clue...you can fit a billion of these pearls on the head of a pin. Or the Mustard seed being the "smallest" of all the seeds. "The son of man is the one sowing (royal oats), the angels (children) are the ones reaping. "Thank you father that you have revealed these things unto babes", "Nothing is hidden since the beginning of the world". This is why he tells the pharisees, "you know not the scriptures, nor the Power of God".
Mystical power is not what God does. He is humble and lowly and long suffering. His power is your life graciously given, but we have been told to wait for heaven by being enslaved in E-mitzraim, Mary, o.k. heck the cats out of the bag, AMERICA or USA YoSePH. His two sons Ephraim(north) and Manasseh(south) had a war called the "Civil war". The lady who sits on the waters with a cup full of the blood of the saints. Statue of Liberty. The kingdom of heaven is at hand, so I would stop looking for the scapegoat and start looking for the lamb, because I assure you, He can become a LION.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
the further you go back in "christian" history or where "god" originates from ,
the more its not what you are taugth.

we should thank egypt for their documentation
the mediterratian for their echo
and be on guard for roman propaganda

Direct and to the point, thank you. If people would study, bless them, they would find out so much...for instance. Hebrew in Egyptian is Seberu/Nibiru and were known as the serpent worshipers to the Egyptians, who actually worshiped Volcanoes and not the Sun as the primary giver of life, hence the Pyramid which is a representation of Vulcan and is from Baal-Cain or Lord Cain. I wonder if people know or not that they have already received the Mark? Surly they wouldn't believe they escaped it, when it says "He causes ALL Both young and Old to receive a Mark"? Oh well, Boomerang. peace

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Holy means Hallowed, like to scrape out the insides so to fill up again.

No.

Holy is something that is sacred. Hallow is to make holy; sanctify; consecrate. A hollow is a cavity, like an excavated habitation of an animal, like as you said, "to scrape out the insides".

Hollow and Hallow are not the same.

Again, If you look up forever, in the Hebrew, you will not find infinity, but eon and this is not forever, but a "time out of mind".

You said earlier:

"The word for eternal in the bible is eon and means "vanishing point" or "time out of mind" and not forever"

According to you, eternal is not forever. This is wrong. Eternal is ceaseless, endless, lasting forever, perpetual, continuing without interruption, therefore "infinite".

God is an eternal being. By your understanding, since eternal is not forever, then God is not forever and can die. This is wrong. God has no beginning and no end.

Also, God speaks to you. He calls you by name and when he does, listen. You will learn to fear the Lord for real.

God speaks to me in the Bible. He opens my mind to understanding. I listen to His words. I fear God because the Bible reveals the reality of God and how true His words are.

The book is not eternal, but his word (spoken) is eternal, hence the importance with the Jews for "oral" tradition.

The prophets of old listens to God's words and writes them down in a scroll. This is for the sake of "common sense" because memory storage in the brain is not reliable as you get old and recalling everything can be very difficult for a human being. So, you right them down in a book for the sake of "freshly" preserving the words God has spoken to you and for practicality. The words written are "eternal", but the book itself made of matter can degrade and deteriorate over time. So, you transfer it into a new one, and just make a new copy of it.

"Those with ears to hear"...he meant this literally and metaphorically and says it after almost every sermon. He is inside and thus tells his disciples meaning, the ones he is disciplining, "to those of you on the inside it is given to know the secrets of heaven, but to those on the outside everything is given in parables"

Everything that needs to be known are in the Bible already. There are some passages that are difficult to understand like Revelation and Isaiah which needs the teaching and guidance of the Holy Spirit in order for it to be understood fully at the right "time". Even Daniel did not understand some of the prophecies given to him mainly because it was "sealed" or "closed" from him. God did not give him the key to understand it as it was only meant for the end-times.

I encourage you to read from the Hebrew and Greek word for word translation.

I think the Hebrew and Greek scholars are the one who are experienced, professional, and trained enough to be entrusted with the translation to English for our English Bibles as this is their area of "expertise".

If I were to build a house, I would entrust it with a licensed architect and engineers who have years of experience. I don't think I would entrust it with someone who only has the basic experience of building a bird house with instructions copied from the internet.

I don't think reading the Bible word for word is an effective means in understanding the Bible. The best way is to understand it according to "context". This is where people make a lot of errors - they focus and stress too much on a word while failing to understand the whole context of the message. You'll have a funny understanding when reading this way.

when you begin seeing the Gross mistranslations, Especially with the KJV, It is NOT the authority as people are led to believe.

I have no problems with the KJV as well as the RSV and NIV. Every translation has its weaknesses and strength. It is an effective way to have several translation of the bible for cross referencing to deeper our understanding even more. I even have the dead sea scrolls as reference. You have to remember that English of the KJV is old english and many readers have a hard time comprehending it. So, thanks to the RSV and NIV and ASV, modern English readers are able to understand easily.

And, applying this verse:

Matthew 18:15 - NIV

… so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'

By the mouth of two or three translations (witnesses), the truth will be established.

SOURCE

Mind you, English is not the only language that is translated to. As of 2005, the Bible is translated to about 2,400 languages. There is a certain difficulty in translating it to the respective languages as a particular word in English or Greek or Hebrew do not exist at all in these languages. A word in English would mean several words in another language. However, this can be overcome simply by having a native tongue speaker who is an expert in linguistics.

So, you really cannot qualify this as an "intentional" gross mistranslation because of the difficulty of linguistics where a word in one language can mean several words in another. In English we say, "turn off the lights" where in another language it will say "kill the lights". They don't have the words "turn off" to correctly describe the action.

And as you said, word for word translation? How can you use word for word translation when dealing with languages? So, in English we say, "turn off the lights" and in another language they say "kill the lights", then, is this already a gross mistranslation?

Can you give a try in translating Greek to Japanese? Can you use word for word translation here?

[edit on 7/14/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Hey!

you asked those questions and many people answered, but I will ask you:

If Lucifer love/hate you, can you love him also? Or can you only hate him?
Is there anybody on earth, who would give Satan the same love as god)(and I mean directly heart-love, not some service or blessing, this should be only for God)

Love

Nia

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"Satan Loves you...Thats why he hates you"? This line of thinking is VERY, VERY similar to a possessed woman whose story (among others) is told in Malachi Martin's "Hostage To The Devil".

[edit on 14-7-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

Holy means Hallowed, like to scrape out the insides so to fill up again.

No. Holy is something that is sacred. Hallow is to make holy; sanctify; consecrate. A hollow is a cavity, like an excavated habitation of an animal, like as you said, "to scrape out the insides".

Explain Holy to me...then explain sanctify to me...then explain consecrate to me...

Again, If you look up forever, in the Hebrew, you will not find infinity, but eon and this is not forever, but a "time out of mind".

According to you, eternal is not forever. This is wrong. Eternal is ceaseless, endless, lasting forever, perpetual, continuing without interruption, therefore "infinite".[/qoute]

No According to me eternal is forever, what I said is "eon" is not forever. Nor did I say anywhere that God was not eternal. I believe he is.

Also, God speaks to you. He calls you by name and when he does, listen. You will learn to fear the Lord for real.

God speaks to me in the Bible. He opens my mind to understanding. I listen to His words. I fear God because the Bible reveals the reality of God and how true His words are.

You have not experienced Pentecost yet. That seed is growing. Just be prepared to drop that ego when it comes, and then you will be blessed or as I said, You will LEARN to FEAR the LORD with tears and trembling.
Please don't trust the people that SOLD you your bibles...Truth is free

The book is not eternal, but his word (spoken) is eternal, hence the importance with the Jews for "oral" tradition.

The prophets of old listens to God's words and writes them down in a scroll. This is for the sake of "common sense" because memory storage in the brain is not reliable as you get old and recalling everything can be very difficult for a human being. So, you right them down in a book for the sake of "freshly" preserving the words God has spoken to you and for practicality. The words written are "eternal", but the book itself made of matter can degrade and deteriorate over time. So, you transfer it into a new one, and just make a new copy of it.

The logos was in the beginning. And the logos manifested itself in the flesh. You will learn properly after Pentecost. Then you will truly have the witness.

"Those with ears to hear"...he meant this literally and metaphorically and says it after almost every sermon. He is inside and thus tells his disciples meaning, the ones he is disciplining, "to those of you on the inside it is given to know the secrets of heaven, but to those on the outside everything is given in parables"

Everything that needs to be known are in the Bible already. There are some passages that are difficult to understand like Revelation and Isaiah which needs the teaching and guidance of the Holy Spirit in order for it to be understood fully at the right "time". Even Daniel did not understand some of the prophecies given to him mainly because it was "sealed" or "closed" from him. God did not give him the key to understand it as it was only meant for the end-times.

You are eating the manna in the desert, which the fathers ate and died. Seek out the true bread of life.

I encourage you to read from the Hebrew and Greek word for word translation.

I think the Hebrew and Greek scholars are the one who are experienced, professional, and trained enough to be entrusted with the translation to English for our English Bibles as this is their area of "expertise".

Have faith within yourself, not on others to show you the way. Be a witness of the truth. You must truly pull the plank from your own eye, before you can pull the spec from another.

I don't think reading the Bible word for word is an effective means in understanding the Bible. The best way is to understand it according to "context". This is where people make a lot of errors - they focus and stress too much on a word while failing to understand the whole context of the message. You'll have a funny understanding when reading this way.

You do not understand the context of the words in the original, because you will not look. Why would you not want to know what is really being said? He is seeking those who worship in spirit and truth.

I have no problems with the KJV as well as the RSV and NIV. Every translation has its weaknesses and strength. It is an effective way to have several translation of the bible for cross referencing to deeper our understanding even more. I even have the dead sea scrolls as reference. You have to remember that English of the KJV is old english and many readers have a hard time comprehending it. So, thanks to the RSV and NIV and ASV, modern English readers are able to understand easily.

Mind you, English is not the only language that is translated to. As of 2005, the Bible is translated to about 2,400 languages. There is a certain difficulty in translating it to the respective languages as a particular word in English or Greek or Hebrew do not exist at all in these languages. A word in English would mean several words in another language. However, this can be overcome simply by having a native tongue speaker who is an expert in linguistics. So, you really cannot qualify this as an "intentional" gross mistranslation because of the difficulty of linguistics where a word in one language can mean several words in another. In English we say, "turn off the lights" where in another language it will say "kill the lights". They don't have the words "turn off" to correctly describe the action. And as you said, word for word translation? How can you use word for word translation when dealing with languages? So, in English we say, "turn off the lights" and in another language they say "kill the lights", then, is this already a gross mistranslation? Can you give a try in translating Greek to Japanese? Can you use word for word translation here?
I could try, but I don't know Japanese. If it was important to me I would. Your fast is for strife and debate. I used to be just like you and still can be sometimes. I love you as a brother and see your zeal, but that will never win favor in someones heart. You know your book, but it won't help you when Pentecost happens to you. Learn how the bible Ca(i)non was put together and why. The truth is inside. Church has you looking everywhere but where you are supposed to.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NW111
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Hey!

you asked those questions and many people answered, but I will ask you:

If Lucifer love/hate you, can you love him also? Or can you only hate him?
Is there anybody on earth, who would give Satan the same love as god)(and I mean directly heart-love, not some service or blessing, this should be only for God)
Love
Nia

I don't know why you would ask me a question you can answer yourself, but I believe love your enemies. I don't want anyone, Adversary included to have to suffer. I would say if there is any hate in your heart for anyone, then how can love be fully known? Love will envelope hate. The last to be consumed is death and nothing is more hateful then death. peace

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

One more thing, when Jesus was speaking of the witness that he had being true, yet it was just him and the holy one who was his witness. He said if it was just his witness it wouldn't be true, but yet his is true. Why?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Did you even read the post? What line of thinking are you referring too? Perhaps reread the questions and contribute by giving your answers. I'm truly interested. Thanks you, Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
hm...

"The last to be consumed is death and nothing is more hateful then death. "
???

I don´t think that death should be hated... It´s only a way from one world into a other. Most of people are afraid, cauce they don´t know what happens in afterlife. But if you believe in god and in your soul (which is eternity) you must not be afraid...

Of course I can answer my question for my own, but I wanted to know what you think about...
For me I found that god has also two sides: black and white, good and bad,
the light has a shadow too...

Love

Nia

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

#1 Why do you believe that there are separate Lords of Right and Wrong? How I mean that is, IF you believe that "God" is the ultimate being and that it is him, and him alone, that creates all things thereby Judges all things, then why do you believe that a "Devil" or "Satan" is able to gain power over people and to even appose the creator himself thereby trying to bring a different outcome than that which God self would want? By the way "satan" means adversary. Even Peter was called Satan by Jesus, so I would say it is a title and not a single entity, but I would still like to hear why you believe.

God is life and light - there is no death in Him and He has no death or disease to give us..........satan is a rebellious spirit - the adversary - whom Yeshua/Christ said "comes only to steal kill and destroy"...satan has no power over people other than what they themselves give him - ...and he certainly has no power over God...the "outcome" has already been accomplished - this happened when Yeshua gave His life for us that we might be free of sin and death...when Yeshua addressed Peter - here is the context :

"31 And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. 32 He spoke this word openly. Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him. 33 But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, "Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."

Peter rebuked Yeshua for speaking of His own death and resurrection - Peter did not have a spiritual understanding at the time and tried to put his own spin on the Master - Yeshua perceived this and nipped it in the bud - He recognized the spirit of satan in Peter's words...so He rebuked satan - something which believers should do more often imo...

As to why I believe this: because I have been convicted by the Holy Spirit - now when I was a babe in Christ, meaning without a firm foundation - I read and took to heart a few passages that seemed "reasonable" to my natural mind - like " love they neighbor" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and so forth - but I stayed far away from the passages that challenged me - where Yeshua talks about satan...oh that was too much for my modern outlook to embrace...

until one day I was reading the word out loud (which is how it should be read) and the thought occurred to me...If I accept that Yehsua is the Son of God, and the Word made flesh and not a liar - then why do I resist the concept of satan because Yeshua Himself speaks openly on this....I resisted it for the same reason that Peter resisted the words of Yeshua in the example you provided...because I was mindful of the things of men and not of God...my picking and choosing was a deceit...from that day my understanding of the word has transformed...If Yeshua is the word of God made flesh - then His very words are words I must make my own, If Yeshua is the bread of life as He said then His words are water indeed...
I believe that answers your second question as well....let me know if I can answer any other question for you... That was a blessing to be able to write that for you....you question was a gift

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NW111
hm...

"The last to be consumed is death and nothing is more hateful then death. "
???

I don´t think that death should be hated... It´s only a way from one world into a other. Most of people are afraid, cauce they don´t know what happens in afterlife. But if you believe in god and in your soul (which is eternity) you must not be afraid...

Of course I can answer my question for my own, but I wanted to know what you think about...
For me I found that god has also two sides: black and white, good and bad,
the light has a shadow too...

Love

Nia

Thank you Nia. I didn't mean the answer the question thing in a negative way. I just wasn't expecting a question. I'm humbled by your answer...Peace to you

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti

#1 Why do you believe that there are separate Lords of Right and Wrong? How I mean that is, IF you believe that "God" is the ultimate being and that it is him, and him alone, that creates all things thereby Judges all things, then why do you believe that a "Devil" or "Satan" is able to gain power over people and to even appose the creator himself thereby trying to bring a different outcome than that which God self would want? By the way "satan" means adversary. Even Peter was called Satan by Jesus, so I would say it is a title and not a single entity, but I would still like to hear why you believe.

God is life and light - there is no death in Him and He has no death or disease to give us..........satan is a rebellious spirit - the adversary - whom Yeshua/Christ said "comes only to steal kill and destroy"...satan has no power over people other than what they themselves give him - ...and he certainly has no power over God...the "outcome" has already been accomplished - this happened when Yeshua gave His life for us that we might be free of sin and death...when Yeshua addressed Peter - here is the context :

"31 And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. 32 He spoke this word openly. Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him. 33 But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, "Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."

Peter rebuked Yeshua for speaking of His own death and resurrection - Peter did not have a spiritual understanding at the time and tried to put his own spin on the Master - Yeshua perceived this and nipped it in the bud - He recognized the spirit of satan in Peter's words...so He rebuked satan - something which believers should do more often imo...

As to why I believe this: because I have been convicted by the Holy Spirit - now when I was a babe in Christ, meaning without a firm foundation - I read and took to heart a few passages that seemed "reasonable" to my natural mind - like " love they neighbor" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and so forth - but I stayed far away from the passages that challenged me - where Yeshua talks about satan...oh that was too much for my modern outlook to embrace...

until one day I was reading the word out loud (which is how it should be read) and the thought occurred to me...If I accept that Yehsua is the Son of God, and the Word made flesh and not a liar - then why do I resist the concept of satan because Yeshua Himself speaks openly on this....I resisted it for the same reason that Peter resisted the words of Yeshua in the example you provided...because I was mindful of the things of men and not of God...my picking and choosing was a deceit...from that day my understanding of the word has transformed...If Yeshua is the word of God made flesh - then His very words are words I must make my own, If Yeshua is the bread of life as He said then His words are water indeed...
I believe that answers your second question as well....let me know if I can answer any other question for you... That was a blessing to be able to write that for you....you question was a gift

Wow...thank you so much. That was a blessing to receive. I like the reading out loud, I'd never thought of that before, but what power behind the concept. I mean I've read out loud before, but just when reciting something, but in my personal study i had never thought of that before. Thank you for your response. Bless you and may peace be with you always and with all of you...so cool
even so come lord Jesus

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Lol I think some have not read the whole bible. The whole fact is that God does not want to make people follow him. He wants people to choose to follow him. Thats what happen to the devil and evil period. God is alive and Satan is a acual being. Look around you the evidence is there.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have a question for you, do you really know why there are a couple instances in the NT, where the author states "let the reader understand?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join