It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Probably Don't Communicate Via Primitive Radio Waves So Why Is SETI Looking For Them?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

and speaking of orbs did you ever see the tether incident video? Where these pulsating circular things are floating around in space? Don't they look like some ssort of organic life form? I wouldn't be surprised if they and rods and orbs turned out to be some type of lifeform.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I still don't understand why most people assume that the array and grid-work Seti has set up is actually what Seti's true purpose is.
They said that's what they are doing so we believe them?
I don't have the scientific acumen to propose other possibilities but an array of satellite dishes like that and a link up with thousands of computers could be used to do a lot, I would assume.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

of course it can be both. but if you study ufology reports apparently the more advanced species who come here already know about the less advanced civilizations out there and the powers that be can find out what they want to know from the ones who are visiting here. Look at some of the Alex Collier videos. I'm not saying Alex Collier is telling the truth but his demeanor certainly has an air of credibility. And of course, perhaps the aliens are lying to us. Won't it be nice to finally know for sure?
But will we really know for sure? If the aliens come here in an unequivocal fashion we will still just have to take their word for what they tell us is going on out in space. And about our history as a planet. They might just lie their a...s off and we wouldn't know.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by freddieb

And could their supposed private funding really be financed by black budget funding? It wouldn't surprise me, with all the vast amounts of money being spent on black budget programs, if all the expensive dishes and equipment at seti were just for show and had no real purpose at all. Of course there is probably something else going on there

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Post deleted.

From the T&C's

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 13/7/08 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants

of course it can be both. but if you study ufology reports apparently the more advanced species who come here already know about the less advanced civilizations out there and the powers that be can find out what they want to know from the ones who are visiting here.

I have "studied" a great deal of UFO reports, Ma'am. But everything you've just said is based on assumption. The assumption that those reports relate genuine, non-hyped or non-falsified events, the assumption of whether there are indeed more advanced species visiting this world, and the assumption that they have made contact with our "powers that be" at all. Also the assumption of whether they would tell anyone a damn thing about anything.

Now, before you get all upset and call me a debunker, I should probably tell you that I think that all of the above actually has happened at some stage or another. But that's just supposition on my part. I don't know for sure, and I'd be very surprised if you really did. Think about what you're actually saying with all this and how you're saying it.

There's a lot wrong with SETI, I'll give you that. I question their real motives and what they're really up to, but I'm not going to stop looking yet. And nothing you or anyone else in this thread has said so far has even remotely come close to convincing me otherwise.

Look at some of the Alex Collier videos. I'm not saying Alex Collier is telling the truth but his demeanor certainly has an air of credibility. And of course, perhaps the aliens are lying to us.

I've seen some old Collier interviews. They were "out there," so to speak. But so am I, and I keep a very, very, open mind.

Won't it be nice to finally know for sure?
But will we really know for sure? If the aliens come here in an unequivocal fashion we will still just have to take their word for what they tell us is going on out in space. And about our history as a planet. They might just lie their a...s off and we wouldn't know.

Maybe they could take us up there and show us?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have to reply to this thread as you make a good point. I like to refer to Dr.Steven Greers book for communication with ET's as a good starting point. I won't go into details as I would not do him justice.

A good book to read is "Forbidden Knowledge, Hidden Truth". This book is probably the most eye opening source of information out there.

Funny how time goes on and how events unfold, you will note his book is telling the truth.

Hope you read it and I wish the best to anyone who seeks to the truth with an open mind.

It's not the Aliens you have to worry about, but the small handful of evil and bad men on this planet that is that has taken control. Dwight Eisenhower warned us about this in the 1950's.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

absolutely! I just started a new thread about Dr. Greer being our best hope. I haven't read his book yet but I feel he is a much needed 'insider' garnering information that the rest of us haven't a chance in h..l of getting.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Take us up there and show us? You mean put us in one of those Universal Studio virtual reality rides where the seats move and you really feel like you're zooming through space in a spaceship?
I'm sorry, I'm just arguing for arguments sake now. The aliens are probably pretty reasonable folk and will have already devised a program to educate us about their ways and the ways of the space community at large when the time comes.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It seems a bit silly really to only look in the small band of frequencies they do, they basically say because thats the quietest area its the best and the aliens would know this, so all they're listening out for is aliens who want to be heard, the trouble is like us we mostly wouldn't want to be heard because of the unknown dangers, yet at the same time we're putting out plenty on various frequencies indirectly, so why the heck doesn't seti search in the normal parts of the spectrum like we use where they might hear their indirect signals?

Seti needs to look for normal signals over a large spectrum and not a small band thats quiet in space, I mean have they considered that perhaps its quiet for a reason, maybe just maybe those frequencies get more easily absorbed by the dust in space so are actually useless for communication, while the normal leaking signals they put out could be heard if only seti would listen.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by just theory

In a video posted on this thread Michio Kaku likens it to looking for your lost car keys under the street lamp because that's where the light is better even though you dropped your keys no where near there. Apparently SETI looks for radio signals because that's all they have the funding for.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

Wouldnt you think that if after all these years and "supposedly" no definitive results that maybe they could switch the funding to research some other possibilities. It just sounds all too easy for them to say, "Here we are, we've been looking for a long time now and havent found anything in this area, but we'll keep trying!" Why not move on and try something new, look elsewhere?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldSoulOpenMind

Yeah well maybe they didn't think we'd ever figure that out. If we layman here at ATS understand that since the aliens are already here it makes more sense to look for them with our cell phone camaras than radio telescopes, I'm sure SETI does too.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

and what about the stephensville tx Caron video of the strobing light patterns? and crop circles? Its as if the aliens are snapping their fingers in our faces, saying 'Hey,we're right here Doofus. Not out there.'

Wow. A very nice post. Center hit. Bullseye.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by just theory

In a video posted on this thread Michio Kaku likens it to looking for your lost car keys under the street lamp because that's where the light is better even though you dropped your keys no where near there. Apparently SETI looks for radio signals because that's all they have the funding for.

Yeah good video but the issue isn't that they're looking with radio in general its that they're only looking in a small area of it and the things in a signal they're searching for, like we only see light and don't see x-rays, seti are looking with a small area where they expect life to communicate directly for contact.

In reality any aliens are probably using similar frequencies to us between themselves, advanced tech won't make radio useless like some people think, only if they were communicating to their race or others over long distances, then perhaps they may use something advanced but we won't know it and won't get such tech until its discovered, so really radio is good and the only real option at the moment.

There's the possibility radio waves simply become too weak over distance and get mixed up with the rest of the noise out there, if so we would likely need to look using line of sight, like directed lasers etc, of course that has its own issues.

[edit on 13/7/08 by just theory]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yeah they strobe like they pulsate. Their must be some expert in code cracking like we had during the war who may take this on. They pulsate at varying speeds and this is like maybe a communication, 'though sometimes I thought of it as like their pulse/heart beat which again may signal a side to them we know as emotional response through body talk communication like a person showing love.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Hey smarty just read your thing on ufo orbs being organic life forms. I agree as far as I've seen, yes they are a real living thing that is like a biological being, that one can see internals in it, for what we can only guess, but alive, yes like a living organism. The British MOD admitted to plasma things called UAP in 2006, they said they were unintelligent, well at least they are telling us a bit of the truth. These 'critters' are very intelligent, usually travel in similar coloured pairs and are connected to motherships. Communicate with them using a dynamo torch, this radio wave thing is funny and outdated, it's like trying to talk to a dolphin in the sky using a Motorolla lol!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

if you're talking about the Caron video I was wondering if these strobing patterns weren't somehow designed to trigger some sort of response in our brains by the visual information being converted to electrical impulses in our brains stimulating different areas of our brains.
It's somewhat enjoyable watching the video so it doesn't seem to be a harmful effect.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Alien Contact More Likely by "Mail" Than Radio, Study Says

A far more energy efficient way of communicating over great interstellar distances is to send a physical object with encoded information..."Our calculations suggest that it's not only more energy efficient to send a package than radio waves," he said, "it's outrageously more efficient."

That is like saying a letter is faster than an email, it doesn't make sense. Surely the people at SETI would have figured that out by now?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Caron vid? Never heard of this will look in a minute and find it. Was talking from personal sightings onlyt. I wish we could find someone who cracks hidden codes. Smarty there's something to this pulsating strobing signal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join