It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Probably Don't Communicate Via Primitive Radio Waves So Why Is SETI Looking For Them?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

There is a gigantic satellite dish on the tip of South America as well as a very big reactor. Wasn't this the reactor the one in which was to reach heat levels as hot as the sun? Who's really responsible for the environment's so called "greenhouse effect"? And this dish is pointed south from the earth. Would that be the direction to this enormous planet that has been recorded in history by ancient civilizations?

There are many ways in which to communicate. I'm sure humanity will be able to create or discover high speed interplanetary communication routes. However I am riddled on the need for SETI to be searching for signals if other races exist and have already made contact with the military or some other establishment. It seems that long before our awakening everything has been in place.

SETI serves some other purpose. There really is no search for life in the galaxy if that search ended years upon years ago. Maybe there was no search to begin with as history has served us. So we have awakened to these possibilities but we are still left blind by their will and our freedoms.

SETI is a NASA super market for bargain bin shoppers.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

easy. they figure that if the aliens are anything humanoid, they would use human-like technology. meaning, the way we use radar and sonar and all those goodies, they would use to detect other spacecraft whether allied or hostile.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
To the OP

SETI does radio AND optical seti. These are the only 2 forms of comms we know about.

If intelligent life is common in the galaxy some may be using other means but at the same time a portion should be using radio waves. Or do you think somehow humans are special and are the only ones to ever use radio waves?

We must look out for artificial signals in many places. We must be aware of anomolies in natural objects. An advanced civ may create a beacon in amongst natural objects like quasars knowing any other intelligent civ who is studying the cosmos will eventually find it. When we come across the special quasar it will stand out by having unusual properties it might actually be a message perhaps directing us to other "broadband" types of communications.

setis a long shot but any experiment which explores a new parameter space is worth doing. No matter how crazy. Alot of scientific discoveries have been made by pure serendipity and even if they dont find a signal they may make other great discoveries in astronomy. Even a null result is significant it tells us long lasting transmitting civs are rare.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The problem with SETI is that it assumes too much. It assumes that there are enough civilizations in our galaxy in the radio phase of development to detect. When did we start using radio - about a hundred or so years ago? That is a small blip on the radar screen of the universe. Also, due to the delay in radio signals reaching us, if a solar system 100 light years away started transmitting today, we wouldn't know anything about it till 2108. How long has SETI been looking?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fomalhaut

do you really think the people at seti are unaware of this? They call it the "synchronicity problem" and not just hundreds of years they think in millions. Yes its a huge barrier in detecting if tech civs are rare. seti hope tech civs are common.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I have read that gravity waves are billions of times faster than radio waves, The problem is we don't have an instrument to study or interprit them. This maybe their mode of comunication.....though I find it strange with so many ufo sightings anyone would need CSETTI's proof of the existence if inteligent life. Makes us seem like uninteligent life.....

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
SETI aren't super rich and radiowaves are the easiest and cheapest way to go, there is no other long range wireless communication I know of that we can look for anyway.. laser and other lightwave?? too hard to detect especially next to a star.. Microwave, highly inefficient, quantum entanglement networks? no chance! everything else uses radiowaves, I really don't know what the OP is suggesting SETI does, we've all thought of this problem in the past and it really ain't worth posting especially if you're not gonna come up with a cost effective alternative solution.

[edit] Having looked at some of the OP other threads I deem this thread just as unimportant.. mwhahahahahahaha

[edit on 13/7/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Aliens would not send a physical object with a message into space because in order to get that message to all planets in the galaxy (or even universe) they would have to send an enormous amount of physical objects with encoded messages into space which wouldn't be even 30% as effecient as sending radio waves.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

a good example of where the msm is at = not going to get truth from there, just the dumbass mainstream propaganda nothing to do with acual reality.
the seti question has already been answered. See Jaime Maussan UFO conference 2005 parts 1-10 on youtube, the section on the two crop circles that appeared on the same dates and places 2 years running.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I would figure that extraterrestrials would wanna target specific individuals and communicate on a cell by cell basis.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It is easier for us to search the heavens for some sort of UNatural RF then it is send one single probe or ship to a star on the assumption it has planets with life on them.

RF is energy. Energy that would mean we can pinpoint its source to a close proximity.

As we have evolved ourselves with the use of RF for computers, we have discovered that a faster rate of data uses more spectrum. This can be applied to those searching for alien RF.

Aliens today could very well be using a similar sort of bandwidth that is so large that the only way to determine it is a Alien transmission is to capture the signal as a whole. Small bits and pieces may not be enough for our equipment to determine it is unnatural RF.

It is my own belief that if Aliens can really transverse the Universe in terms we view in hours,days,months,years then they know enough about Physics to conduct wireless communications that exceed the speed of light constant which is applied to general RF theory.

In saying that, our future for SETI should be to develop new quantum mechanic communication models that would change our understanding of RF theory and produce equipment that would look for RF signals in ways similar to the current theories of quantum mechanics.

Perhaps we are looking for physical energy as it applies to our dimension.
If a space and time can be bent or changed by aliens, it stands to reason we can look for ways to detect those changes.

We need to be looking in places for those changes. Just like some UFO Investigators like to say: If there's a UFO crash, and theres no physical evidence, it either did not happen, or we are looking in the wrong place.

SETI may not have found anything. All it means is that they may be looking in the wrong spectrum...all they need is the one time to be looking in the right spectrum...and eventually with determination one can find what they are looking for.

What was it that someone said to Edison....why did you keep trying to make a light bulb when after 2000 times you failed?
Edison responded in kind..."its not 2000 times I failed...it was 2000 times it didn't work...I only needed one time to find the right way to make it work..."

I think SETI is practicing the same train of thought.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
First I have to say I thought you were someone else your avatar is the same as Kattraxx, so now I will have to make a point and look at name.

Seti and Seth poor Seth. This man has devoted his life to this and long ago I believe he might have even thought he might be the one to be the first to make this discovery.

Unfortunately if/when he and the others were to locate something they can't come right out and say a thing they have a PROTOCOL they have to follow. The UN has to be notified and lots of others first.

It's getting to the point where the people are are just watching the skies with cameras and doing there own sky operations so to say.

These beings that are here know how to use all of our communications from the oldest to the newest. Since they are in the deepest of our waters I would think using low frequency wave lengths would make for faster hmmmmmmmm I wonders..... then radio waves.

If they want to communicate they can and they will they do use different frequencies on a whole so look around.

I also felt Seth holding on but Seti is going no where and it wouldn't surprise me if now with all this going on if Seti isn't told to come forth and say they picked up signals. Our Governments and the UN play us like puppets and we let them, this has to stop.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Why do we always assume that aliens are more advanced than us?
They could also be more primitive.
And why do we always assume they have the same technology as us?
Or the same technological development as us?
We don't even know enough about ourself or our planet, let alone another civilization among the stars, to make such an assumption.

We are not looking for aliens, we are looking for humans.
There's a big difference

Just as the search for life on other planets. We are not looking for planets with life, we are looking for Earth 2.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I guess my main point is the elephant is already in the room, why the pretense of putting together a safari to go look for it?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RoidRage

thank you finally a voice of reason. yes perhaps seti is an expensive pacifier to keep us quiet thinking they're busy looking for aliens until the powers that be (or the aliens) decide its time to let us know they're already here. do seth and the gang know? well maybe not officially but I bet they have their suspicions.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hello,

I really like your expression about:

The elephant already in the room so why the pretense of putting together a Safari to go look for them.

Priceless, and so well said.

As I see it we are lifting our foot to take our next step!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There's always another thought:

SETI is waiting as signals get stronger.

Perhaps they know more than we think they know.

Kinda sorta of an "over the horizon radar system" to alert us or who ever wants to know that someone is coming.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MBSCSDD

Ok here's my take on their communication. When I watch a ufo orb the thing like pulsates, almost like Morse Code. Is the pulsating effect (which varies) a communication in itself? The pulsating does vary, is the reason a communication?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

and what about the stephensville tx Caron video of the strobing light patterns? and crop circles? Its as if the aliens are snapping their fingers in our faces, saying 'Hey,we're right here Doofus. Not out there.'

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants

Its as if the aliens are snapping their fingers in our faces, saying 'Hey,we're right here Doofus. Not out there.'

Can't it be both?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join