It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Explanation for Morgellons, the Disease that Makes Wires Grow Out of Your Skin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
A New Explanation for Morgellons, the Disease that Makes Wires Grow Out of Your Skin

This actually somehow makes sense.
What can be the reason?
X-Files incubation?

IO9

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
At present it seems this condition is in the delusional parasitosis catagory.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
hmmm. relating this to chemtrails as the url on your orig post [url=] io9.com... www.morgellons.eu... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">, does

... is very interesting. Especially when AIDS, Nile Virus, Lyme Disease, Agent Orange appear to be biowar research agents gone amuck ... why not this new disease of fibers growing out of your skin that apparently also results in suicide. I'll have to put this on my list to investigate.

Note this url as well:
[url=] www.morgellons.eu...

The most striking symptoms of Morgellons are lesions and coloured fibers growing out of them. These fibers can be pulled out with much force however this does not seem to stop further growth. Itching occurs which can so strong that some Morgellon sufferes have been reported to have committed suicide.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
smans, thanks for the post!

This is bizarre. I see it suggested in some of the links you've provided that the obvious physical symptom of COLORED FIBERS [!!!] growing out of the individual's skin is not in question. However, the first suggestion in these links of what's 'really' going on is often that the person has "delusional parasitosis". In other words, they believe they have parasites in their body/under their skin.

Now, if I had multi-colored fibers growing out of my skin, and then was labeled 'delusional' because I felt it had something to do with some sort of parasite, well, I'd become quite dismissive of AMA theory. Unless, of course, I already was.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
At present it seems this condition is in the delusional parasitosis catagory.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'd like someone to explain just how a delusion is physically present on the skin (unless the physical problem is being created by the individual concerned?).

A delusion is made in the mind and doesn't exist. These physically exist to the extent people can photograph them, and take samples. That doesn't make it a delusion.

I will go to extent of saying that the delusions themselves might exist however, but could be caused by the same mechanism as the Morgellons, or a by-product thereof.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Apparently excellent results have been obtained against this parasite using Nutrasilver.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I understand what your saying about it being delusional parasitosis.You'd think the threads are there are there not. I heard a radio program with a victim of this disease. It sounded to me like this woman went from being a very productive successful person to one that was physically and emotionaly destroyed. I provided the link to point out the results of my search. I have no experience with this.
Chemtrails are puzzeling to me. If there was aluminum in the exhaust would this not damage a jet engine ?
OTOH...The mural at the Denver airport has been interpreted by some to be linked to mass population reduction and chemtrails. The chemtrails being the rainbow behind the sword of the soldier with the gas mask on, or somthing to that effect.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
I understand what your saying about it being delusional parasitosis.You'd think the threads are there are there not. I heard a radio program with a victim of this disease. It sounded to me like this woman went from being a very productive successful person to one that was physically and emotionaly destroyed. I provided the link to point out the results of my search. I have no experience with this.
Chemtrails are puzzeling to me. If there was aluminum in the exhaust would this not damage a jet engine ?
OTOH...The mural at the Denver airport has been interpreted by some to be linked to mass population reduction and chemtrails. The chemtrails being the rainbow behind the sword of the soldier with the gas mask on, or somthing to that effect.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Swingarm]

My dog Wilberforce tells me no, you are mistaken in your interpretation of the murals. Hes says to remind you that the style an abstract epic style, not a representational gothic, as is often thought. I don't know if any of that is true, I mean who listens to a dog?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Could Morgellons disease be the Sci-Fi equivalent of the Stigmata? Meaning that for the most part, people who experience the stigmata (basically reproducing the wounds that Christ suffered on the cross) are deeply religious and could in fact be creating the wounds with their own minds, rather than with divine intervention. Are most morgellon sufferers already pre-disposed to Sci-Fi and conspiracy theories? Or do they usually have no idea what it is that they are suffering from?

Forgive me if what I just wrote makes no sense......

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Learn what morgellons is here
More on morgellons
CDC now interested

is this a cause?

In an even more provocative finding, Vitaly Citovsky, Professor of Biochemistry and Cell Biology at Stony Brook University in New York, discovered that the fibers contained the substance Agrobacterium, a genus of gram-negative bacteria capable of genetically transforming not only plants, but also other eukaryotic species, including human cells.

more on GMO
Hmmmm...GMO again.
Who is responsible? Here.
watch this if you still can?
Why do you not here about this and the dangers of GMO?
Coverup

Why Morgellons more apparent in the USA?

If the U.S. has its way, and it usually does when it comes to Codex Alimentarius, GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) will be promoted by making their labeling unnecessary, even though there is significant scientific evidence to warrant a moratorium on the widespread use of GMOs. Severe health problems are already evident with the use of GMOs. Incidentally, the U.S. is the only country in the world where unlabeled use of GMOs is permitted.

Consider this alarming statement:

“Some genetically-manipulated crops are changed so that they produce their own high levels of pesticides. For example, genetically-manipulated ‘Bt’ crops have been shown to emit very high levels of toxins.”

GMO and disease.
GE and Its dangers

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Your "watch this if you still can?" link is linking to the error screen on youtube. Vid not there. Heh. Figures.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
Apparently excellent results have been obtained against this parasite using Nutrasilver.

Taking silver in your diet can permanently change your skin color to battleship grey. It is a really bad idea.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Makes perfect sense

I mean, what better explanation for a nonexistent disease than a nonexistent cause?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I mean, what better explanation for a nonexistent disease than a nonexistent cause?

come on man, give more than that. i've read loads of threads about the disease but i don't remember anyone suggesting it isn't real before. i understand you've probably explained your view point previously in another thread and might not want to again, but i'm interested in an opposing view on the topic (its always good to have one), would you mind linking if you don't want to go over old ground?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

In my experience, if people have things sticking out of their skins it's because they stuck them in there in the first place.

When I was a teenager, a close family member of mine fell under the spell of a born-again Christian preacher. Among his other achievements, this worthy was renowned as a caster-out of devils. In fact, he had one particular sufferer, a local domestic servant, under regular treatment. Every prayer meeting this girl put on a great show of writhing about, rolling her eyes, foaming at the mouth and uttering the foulest language. Only the preacher could pacify her: he would would pray over her, whereupon she fell into a trance; and while she was thus quiescent, the Man of God would extract pins and needles from the flesh of her arms and legs. These were said to be the devilishly miraculous marks of her possession. The case was much celebrated until the girl's employer noticed that a packet of sewing needles had gone missing... shortly after that, the preacher went missing too.

I don't know what happened to the girl in the end; I hadn't the heart to inquire. But her story was the first thing I remembered when I heard about Morgellons Disease. I really didn't need any further explanation.

For those who do, here's Wikipedia:

Current scientific consensus holds that Morgellons is not a new disorder and is instead a new and misleading name for known illnesses. Most doctors, including dermatologists and psychiatrists, regard Morgellons as a manifestation of known medical conditions, including delusional parasitosis, although some health professionals acknowledge that an infectious cause could one day be found. Illnesses such as delusional parasitosis can be serious and debilitating, but tested and effective treatments exist.

Despite the lack of evidence that Morgellons is a novel or distinct condition and the absence of any agreed set of diagnostic symptoms...

It's a disease, but the people who suffer from it can't even agree on what the symptoms are. That just about says it all...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Could Morgellons disease be the Sci-Fi equivalent of the Stigmata? Meaning that for the most part, people who experience the stigmata (basically reproducing the wounds that Christ suffered on the cross) are deeply religious and could in fact be creating the wounds with their own minds, rather than with divine intervention. Are most morgellon sufferers already pre-disposed to Sci-Fi and conspiracy theories?

Sort of...

Interestingly, the fact that self-reported Morgellons is associated with mental illness is not in dispute. Both sides of the debate find evidence that sufferers have significant levels of psychological, and sometimes, neurological disorder.

Mind Hacks: The Curious Case of Morgellons Disease

This source offers an interesting view of the Morgellons syndrome -- sceptical without being dismissive. Well worth reading, with good links.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think there is an effort to spread disinfo about this disease. The Wikipedia entry sounds like so many such efforts.

But if one does not take this easily editable source as "gospel," and does research, one discovers a few things - like the fact that there are certain symptoms running through all cases, and, much like the flu, not everyone has every symptom.

Also, the disease is concentrated in areas, suggesting a possible exposure by the population to some element triggering the disease.

From www.safesolutionsinc.com... :

For Anne Dill, standing in her backyard, looking over the lake is physically and emotionally painful.

This silence and solitude serves as a constant reminder of what her family is facing.

"We're going to lose everything, our house, our dreams," says Dill.

Five years ago, the Dills bought their dream home in Lake City. They spent most of their free time at their lake with friends, and thought life was pretty close to perfect.

Then, three years ago, Anne, her husband and their four children all got very sick at the very same time.

They think they have Morgellons, even though they have no idea how they would have contracted it.

Now I ask you... How does a whole, happy family - kids included - contract a mental disorder all at once?

As for symptoms... There is a specific set that are attributed to this disease.

From www.mayoclinic.com... :

What are the signs and symptoms of Morgellons disease?

According to the Morgellons Research Foundation, primary signs and symptoms of Morgellons disease include:

* Skin lesions, often accompanied by pain or intense itching
* Fibers — which may be white, blue, red or black — in and on the lesions
* Crawling sensations on and under the skin, often compared to insects moving, stinging or biting
* Joint and muscle pain
* Fatigue significant enough to interfere with daily activity
* Inability to concentrate and difficulty with short-term memory
* Behavioral changes

Other signs and symptoms may include:

* Changes in vision
* Stomach pain or other gastrointestinal symptoms
* Changes in skin texture and color

So... The Wikipedia statement that "Despite the lack of evidence that Morgellons is a novel or distinct condition and the absence of any agreed set of diagnostic symptoms..." the disease has been defined and has been diagnosed in children.

Here's another site to review:

www.earthfiles.com... (2008 data)

No, we don't have answers about the Morgellons fiber composition yet. Morgellons fiber samples have been looked at in our collaboration with the Tulsa, Oklahoma, Police Department Forensics Laboratory. They have analyzed a few more fibers (from Morgellons patients) and interestingly enough, they claim that a couple of these Morgellons fibers don't match anything in the data base. Does that happen very often?

First of all, I asked specifically that question the last time I was over there and I was told that whenever they get samples that they do FTIR spectroscopy and it always comes up with a match - except in the case of the Morgellons fibers. So, the technology works great. It's the Morgellons fiber samples that are the unusual things in this process.

So... Delusional? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I hate reading about this, I've seen pictures of what this stuff can do and its just disturbing! I hope it doesn't have anything to do with all the genetically engineered corn and soybeans we get shoved down our throat.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
thanks for that astyanax, i appreciate the info. i don't know if i can go with you on it though. it sounds like you don't believe it, mostly, because you don't believe it.

i agree that usually, if something is found in or on the skin it's because it was put there but i think that's the disturbing part regarding morgellons. it might be a load of BS, as the wiki article alludes to, but i haven't seen any good info actually disputing morgellons itself, just experts saying it doesn't exist without any detail on why they believe this.

the case for morgellons actually existing on the other hand seems pretty well researched and documented. the evidence i have seen so far suggests it is real.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thanks for a great discussion so far.
This is really interesting...and scary.
Kind of reminds me of "The happening"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join