It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNEXPLAINED excuse in Ufology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was watching Larry King and this term comes up alot in shows that deal with ufology.

To me, the answer to the question as to wether extra-terrestrial or extra-dimensional beings exist can be found in the UNEXPLAINED.

All you have to do is switch unexplained with extra-dimensional/extra-terrestrial beings and it makes perfect sense.

You can reach this conclusion beyond any reasonable doubt based on direct and circumstantial evidence within ufology.

We always come to reasonable conclusions based on the evidence.

There's no other answer.

You can always keep these things in the gray area of the unexplained using this logic.

There's always two alternatives. Either it's a weather balloon, lantern or a meteor or it's UNEXPLAINED.

We have enough Direct and Circumstantial evidence to fill in the unexplained and come to a reasonable conclusion based on the evidence.

Some think we first have to have ABSOLUTE PROOF before we can come to a reasonable conclusion. With this standard we would still be living in caves.

In an extra-dimensional universe you would expect to see UFO'S and Paranormal events.

We extend into a 4th dimension of space, so we see higher dimensional objects and beings in a 3 dimensional way.

So lights will appear out of nowhere and move in ways that are foreign to us because we can't see the object in total because it's higher dimensional.

Just like if you were to stick a basketball in front of a 2 dimensional being, they wouldn't see the basketball but a bunch of 2 dimensional objects that would move foreign to them.

I could see them being asked, why didn't you show yourselves to us and they will say we did everyday since the dawn of your species, you just put us in the UNEXPLAINED column.

Just read the Bible in the context of the Ancients trying to describe advanced technology in the language of their day.

Thrones, Clouds, Chariots with Fire. These things were used to describe things that we put in the UNEXPLAINED category today.

It stems from a pre-existing belief system. Wether atheism, secularism or some in religious circles. If you start with the priori that these things can't be a logical or reasonable conclusion you will have these UNEXPLAINED things.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
But UFO stands for "unidentified....". Which means - something we cannot identify and because of that explain. Once it is explained - it is identified. Are you 100% sure of those dimensions and this kind of stuff? Or you merely say that it can be the case.
If the last is true - ok, no argument. You choose to support one theory ,them (and me) - other. But if you 100% sure - then maybe it is Santa Claus? Or Icarus? Or Zeus? The same distance to truth in your case and those.
The way i see it - some things that we cannot identify fly around. That is all that we can be certain of. If it is military things, aliens, time travelers, space eels or simply atmosphere phenomenons - no-one knows for certain. Or at least i do not know for certain.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
But UFO stands for "unidentified....". Which means - something we cannot identify and because of that explain. Once it is explained - it is identified. Are you 100% sure of those dimensions and this kind of stuff? Or you merely say that it can be the case.
If the last is true - ok, no argument. You choose to support one theory ,them (and me) - other. But if you 100% sure - then maybe it is Santa Claus? Or Icarus? Or Zeus? The same distance to truth in your case and those.
The way i see it - some things that we cannot identify fly around. That is all that we can be certain of. If it is military things, aliens, time travelers, space eels or simply atmosphere phenomenons - no-one knows for certain. Or at least i do not know for certain.

First,

When I talk about extra-dimensions, the math and the evidence supports these things. You would expect to see these UNEXPLAINED phenomena in an extra-dimensional universe.

Here's some good books to read on the subject:

Extra-Dimensional Universe - John R. Violette
Flatland - Edwin Abbott
Hyperspace - Dr. Michio Kaku

There's alot of information on the net and papers written on the subject.

Second,

We don't have to have 100% proof before we can come to a reasonable conclusion about these things.

This 100% standard is only used in things like ufology and the paranormal.

We don't have 100% proof of general relativity. We are still testing things like frame dragging and gravity waves.

We don't have 100% proof about the origin of life or evolution.

We don't have 100% proof about Black Holes.

This is yet another barrier to shield people from the truth so they can protect their pre-existing belief system.

Third,

You can't compare things within ufology to Zeus.

These things have independent evidence. Lumping them together is another skeptic tactic.

You have Presidents, police officers, pilots, military and more seeing these things not Zeus.

You have abduction cases, trace evidence, pictures and video of these things not Zeus.

So when you try to lump them together it's being disingenuous.

Again, just switch out unexplained with extra-dimensional/extra-terrestrial beings and it will not be UNEXPLAINED anymore.

join