It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does death choose who to take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We all know of those in our lives that have died well before their time. On the other hand there are those like Keith Richards that probably should have died early in life. Thus lyrics of Billy Joel haunt us with "Only the good die young".

In one of my 1st threads several old friends died before their time
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now the place I work(1000 employees) has seen 5 of these premature deaths in 2 year period. Ages ranged from 31-61.

I believe God knows everything -thus when and where we each are to meet our end after our purpose is finished.

Maybe it just seems too random..What do other ATSers think?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Reminds me of a twilight zone. Instead of skeletor with sickle, a kindly young man comes to a dieing woman of her death bed to lead her home. I hope it's kind of like that.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am hoping for a beautiful angel and choirs singing and such. As I get older the price of life ins tells me chances of my number being called are only increasing..

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I believe that we chose when and how to die before we become incarnated, sometimes people decided with who they will want to exit this life and that is what comes as a group of people with some or none knowledge of each other in the same age group That seems to pass away at the same time frame, like catastrophes.

This is just my opinion and do not reflects the views and opinions of others.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think its "just a ride" like bill hicks says. Your just a player in the video game when you die no worries, you'll be back to play again. And like the video game as your skill increases in the game the better you'll be at it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Who says that death chooses? Maybe we choose it? I do not think that there is anything more then us and God. All other characters - death personification and such - are our mind tricks.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Maybe it just seems too random...

Well, the universe is random.
I think there are two forces in play, here.
The reapers go about taking anyone who does not have a protective barrier around them.
There could be different reasons for why they may be left defenseless.
There is a secondary condition that comes into play, once the reapers catch you.
You are then given the opportunity, (in another dimension) to fix whatever it was that allowed your defensive barrier to fail.
If things work out well in the other dimension, you come back to the same instant of time and place as when you left.
If things do not work out well,*pause* I can not tell you because I did not go there and anyone who has, is not here to talk about it.

I do not think that God knows with 100% certainty, how your life will end.(before you are born)
Samson was destined for greatness and given the opportunity but ended up dead.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
When your alter self or the real you paid for this experience, you agreed to come in as a believer. Your expiration date was pre-set and often times it can be moved up. But, your time remains and the shadow of death may stop by to see how your doing and report back to time central.

With this, your previous engagement may have been forcfully expired by another, where by, you are entitled to re-entry for your previous alotted time to continue the experience of this realm. In which case you may die young.

It does seem rather often, people die before there time, especialy when they have a lot going for them.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The primary desire at the time of death compels the spirit into it's next birth as man, woman, animal. If the death is nature, it occurs when the reservoir of energy alloted to that incarnation is exhausted. Then the strongest desire again sets the stage for the next cycle.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Reminds me of a twilight zone. Instead of skeletor with sickle, a kindly young man comes to a dieing woman of her death bed to lead her home. I hope it's kind of like that.

You might be interested in this interview on Coast to Coast AM:

Playlist: Pre-death Encounters
Description: Whitley Strieber shared his account of how his friend Dr. John Lerma removed an 'alien' implant from his ear. Dr. John Lerma presented his research into hospice patients' pre-death experiences. Such patients shared similarities in their experiences, typically seeing a "light entity" or human-appearing spirit being about four weeks before their passing. Subsequently, the being appears to them with increasing frequency, preparing them for their death, and reviewing life lessons, he recounted. A PET scan of a patient undergoing a brief "hallucinatory" episode showed that many different areas of their brain were lit up, Lerma reported. He told of working with Matthew, a blind nine-year-old with a terminal illness. Matthew described communing with three different angels who were so tall, it was as though they were from another dimension. One of Dr. Lerma's patients was a man who was a friend of rancher Mac Brazel of Roswell fame. In a sort of deathbed confession to Lerma, he said Brazel showed him the crash debris in 1947 and in it, he saw a swastika, which suggested that one of the crashed discs was designed by German scientists, imported to the US after the war. The scientists had supposedly picked up the technology from ETs, and used it earlier to build 'foo fighters.' Lerma also described attempting to surgically remove an 'alien implant' from Whitley Strieber's ear. The object moved away from the tweezers, and was difficult to extract in its entirety. A part that was removed was studied by pathologists and determined to be a non-natural cellulose structure. March 2nd, 2008

www.youtube.com...

Great YouTube channel also IMHO

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Where does this notion of "premature" death come from?
Are you implying that people who die after the age of 61 do not die "prematurely"?
I am not being hostile - I am just asking.
(But there are huge moral problems underlying such an assumption.)

Also, I am not sure whether you really meant it, but the subject line (title) of the post is somewhat confusing: do you really perceive death as an entity, able to make decisions and therefore to "choose"?

Death is a human - and very incomplete - description of an ontological state.
That's all.
If there is any choosing involved, it's not "Death" who does it.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Exactly. Death is a part of life that we all have to face and no entity, regardless of what your religious alignment is, is responsible from removing your life from you. If you believe that, you might as well believe that heaven is in the clouds, too. Blaming an entity for causing death is just stupid, and pretty much means you live in denial about everything,

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Life span is determined by Karma according to enlightened beings.
I listen to them not pimply faced scientists working on nukes.

If you were a guard at a Nazi Concentration camp last lifetime.
You will probably be reborn as a starving, African child with an
extended belly and die before you reach the age of 2.
I know it sounds harsh but the Nazi guard did not have to do
what he did.
However if you helped others last life and were generous,
you could be reborn as Bill Gates.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
How is that exactly? Some people that do really great things for people ,and go out of their way to make other people that are not as well off as them happy, can die at a very young age. I think you need to re-evaluate your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I dont think death chooses.

people either die from accidents, murder, or disease.
I include war in murder and old age in disease, thats why my list is
so short.

people have a choice, they can increase or decrease their chance of death
by any of these means.
some people have more choice than others, like some countries young
men are forced to sign up for military, they have more chance to die
in war.

but its not that death chooses, its the circumstances a person is born into
and the decisions they make in life.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think it is more interesting to invert the question, why do some people live? There are many instances of people who should have died, and walk away, sole survivors. Sole survivors from my experience, have a sense of purpose. That they survived for a reason, that they have a further role and have survived to fulfill it. I do not suggest that they know what it is, only that they sense the necessity of it's existence.

Death is otherwise indiscriminate. It takes us all, the only difference is when.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
How incredibly accurate and perceptive marg. If I haven't said recently how much I appreciate your posts 'Marg rules!'.
My father and I were at huge odds the day of his stroke. He came back to me in a dream a week later in a dream as a brilliant white horse after his death three days later. Made everything right.
If I could be half the man my father was.....
Forgive me pops.
Sigh..sp..again...

[edit on 7/13/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Black Projects....don't worry my friend, I will be right behind you in line for the great hereafter. It's as normal as birth. Death and dieing is an eventualliy for us all. With my current medical situation...this mortal coil will be shed shortly.
I'm ok with that. I have found my peace.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Maybe death is exactly the same as before birth. Our concept of death is what makes it real, why must we always worry/try to predict the future?

top topics

join