It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebirthing While Alive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Not really sure if this goes here [Haven't really scavenged through a few of the other ATS boards like paranormal to see if it goes here or there. So I'll try here first]. Now the title of the thread is probably far from what I'm trying to convey, but I'll try my best to explain it anyway.

Lately I've been thinking pretty hard at work - well mostly meditating since I have about eight hours time to kill, and since I'm just a cashier there is nothing else to really do. So while I'm standing up there meditating and what not, I've been getting a few epiphany moments. (I've had them before, but were more or less spur of the moment rather than controlled as they are now.)

By simply just focusing on there here and now and reality itself I find that I feel less detached and something feels/appears wrong. I look to the batteries, cigarettes and the other registers while doing this and everything just feels "Weird" (for lack of a better word). Even looking down at my hands they feel awkward to some degree. To make things even more complicated if I'm looking at a person I feel as if I can see some "residue(?)" of there soul.

Though that wasn't the only thing I noticed with people really, but also with myself. As I was standing there meditating, something really caught my attention with the customers. For some reason whenever I try to think of Alternative realities or rather try to "pierce" into them to whichever I'm thinking of people seem to see what I probably look like in that reality. (I know one reality in particular I think/look in to each day just to kill time) Every time I do that someone Always comes up and says "Ms. Where is such and such?" or "How do I get into the bathroom ma'am?" For some reason I don't see how people can really see THAT big of a difference in me. In no way am I androgynous either which is kind of the freaky part about it.

The title probably still doesn't have anything to do with what I typed, but I thought it might since in the paragraph above it appears that I take on a new persona to people when they come into the store while I'm meditating. I've tried to Google a few links before posting this and so far have come up with sites based on reality, Hologram-Universe theory, and a rebirthing article, but not really sure if it's what I was looking for. At least it doesn't seem like it.

(www.crystalinks.com...) - Rebirthing Article/link.

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated and if needed I can give more detail of the accounts, but I figured I'd give the gist of it first and if needed the rest just in case. That way there won't be a lot to read.

PS. Might be a little late on replies if I'm working since it's an eight hour job, just thought I'd put that there just in case a reply isn't received until the next day or something.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting theories involved with that type of breath-centric meditation. From the link:

• Humans never forget their birth - they just suppress the memory. Proponents posit that humans often access memories from prior lives as well as from the Collective consciousness through this process.
  • In addition to cerebral memory (based in the brain), humans also possess 'cellular memory', which is distributed amongst the body's cells, tissues, organs etc.
  • It is possible to gain recall of aspects of birth (also gestation and early childhood) and to release the accompanying emotions; such release usually becomes a decisive, influential and positive 'paradigm shift', often referred to as a 'breakthrough'.

Connects a little with Skyfloating's current thread about false memories. Are they saying these recollections of birth are real, or synthesized, perhaps from the template of the 'Collective consciousness'?

Leviatano, are you saying you were perhaps female in a past life, and your meditation connects you with this, and somehow people are perceiving that? (I assume from the context of your post that you're not actually female).

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
About 15 years ago I remember checking out a book with the title "Primal Scream."

I think it was like regressive hypnosis where the therapist walks you through mentally to early childhood to relive memories and finally make sense of things.

The book was pretty interesting though. I wish could remember the author.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Nope not a female, but So many things have hinted at a female past life and a female "future" life, but then again everything in the future is all up in there air (In my opinion). Also I'm not sure what I'm saying to be honest, I mean every time I meditate in that store (and by the way fans and the AC is always going full blast so it's like walking into a meat storage unit) I always get that sensation of perceiving and being different.

Then again right before I left for work I started to look into other theories just to have something on my mind that would be different. A few things that came to mind was the Holographic Universe theory and just same 'ol parallel universe theories. Still not quite sure what to make of it, since every time I meditate on it I'm making my body virtually Numb. So would that make it a change or changing process, My body relieving or trying to live the process on my mind, or perhaps switching from one universe to the next?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

I've always wondered about those hypnosis sessions, from some people I hear that the doctor can plant some memories into the paitent, but I have no clue how true that may or may not be.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Bumping only because it just got weirder.

I went back to sleep (After being awakened I guess by internal alarm) and found myself as that alternative self. For some reason or another I was crying about the death of a friends. The ones who died here and ones that haven't died here, but apparently died there.

It seemed like an eternity of crying and made me feel bad (mainly because I never cried anymore when something I loved is gone/dies away.) But that isn't the strange part, the strange part is/was when I woke up both of my eyes were sore - sore as in that scratchy feeling you get and you just have to rub your eyes. (and a bit red after waking up.)

I know this has been happening a lot lately (People getting confused and what not), but really does anyone have a clue (or close enough to one) as to what's going on?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well there might be an explanation, but this sort of thinking isn't believed by most.

Ultimately it is a theory, since there are no hard facts to explain it. All we can go by is people's experiences and study.

It involves reincarnation. Let me tell the story. It's up to the individual whether this rings true for them. Take what feels right and leave the rest. And don't kill the messenger. hehe

Ok, imagine your soul/spirit "lives" on a higher dimension. It doesn't have a body and exists as an energy form. This energy form does not experience time and is timeless. This is often termed as "Oversoul."

It splits itself apart into "aspects" which then incarnate upon Earth or wherever, to experience existence in 3D forms or higher for learning and experience. It's getting to know itself and experience anything and everything possible, both positive and negative polarities. Also both sexes, in the case of humans.

These "aspects" can incarnate in any timeline. So the "Oversoul" has multiple aspects "out there." Basically this "Oversoul" is you, magnified.

Too many people associate their 3D bodies as all there is. When really the body is nothing more than a "vehicle" for the purposes of experience.

So when we have dreams and meditation experiences similar to what you had, it's the Oversoul's way of healing itself, to tie up loose ends and finalize certain events within its many aspects. In other words, closure and understanding. To learn and move forward.

I had a dream once where I was a man. I saw myself on the battlefield, running from my enemies. I was knocked down and killed. That was not a pleasant dream and like you I woke up with red, sore eyes and wondered WTF was that all about.

There is some good reading material out there that tells other people's experiences.

Robert Monroe and his three books on OBEs, with many of these similar types of stories. Journeys out of the Body, Far Journeys and Ultimate Journey. In my opinion those are the best books because it's by a man who once thought himself as ordinary, who began to have experiences. At first he thought he was insane or had a disease, but once he was medically cleared of any physical or mental disorders he began to explore and ask questions, all the while keeping an extensive journal.

The Seth material by Jane Roberts. Also with experiments. Seth is kinda funny as well with a sense of humor.

Crimson Circle with Geoff Hoppe. Also with lots of humor.

David Wilcock and his material. Most of it is science-based but there's also the spiritual element. Well, his old stuff anyway. His new stuff is all media-based because he's working on a feature film these days.

There is much more but I've given you enough reading and audio/visual material already. There are many audio/video files out there with these folks if you take the time to Google it all.

I'm not trying to give all the answers, for there really are no hard answers, just more questions that lead us down the road of experience. Like Neil Peart of Rush wrote, "looking for an answer to the question you have found."

Enjoy exploring these possibilities. And once again, keep what rings true and leave the rest. Don't believe anything I say and go out and experience it for yourself. For we don't really learn when people tell us stuff, we have to get out there and experience it ourselves. You never really learn that the stove is hot until you burn your fingers, no matter how much someone tells you it's hot. Ask my cat. lol I used to try to tell him to stay away from the wood stove but he wouldn't listen and out of kitty curiosity one day while there was a raging fire in the woodstove, he proceeded to get on his hind legs and put his front paws on the side of the stove. He never went near that stove again.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't meditate at work myself even if I had the oppertunity. Maybe my meditations start to feel like work some day. Not to mention it would make me look odd, helping a customer while in a state of trance or trying to visualize things around the customers. How would you react to someone appearing to look at things around you that aren't there? I would get a laptop and read as much as I can about philosophy, religion etc.

It might not be the best thing for you to meditate on such difficult concepts like life and death, other dimensions. Maybe doing basic meditations first? Afterall your body is supposed to be relaxed (as well as your mind), not numb after meditations.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

Thank you so much the information you have provided and the book I found are really helpful on this, both seem to be the (What your saying and what the eBook says) with a few minor differences, but both essentially seem the same. Again thanks and everything you've stated has proven to be helpful

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I can understand what your coming across but standing in one exact spot for 8 hours and now barely no breaks or lunch time, I have to have something to ease me from lashing out on a few customers or basically going insane from simply not moving. I pace around every now and then and have a pocket full of peppermint both seem to help but only for a short time.

top topics

join