It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Less whining, more dirt!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Let's hope we have less whining from the Democrats and more retaliatory dirt. Obama's family?

What about McCain's first wife, Carol, a plucky woman who kept the home fires burning all those years, raising the kids alone while John was in the Hanoi Hilton?

She was very seriously injured in an auto accident, then dumped in 1980 by the war hero, shortly after he had started an affair with the 25-year-old Arizona beer heiress and then used her money to start his political career. McCain's defenders say he had separated from Carol by the time he took up with Cindy.

A detailed story by Nicholas Kristof in the New York Times in 2000 demolished this. A senior Republican lobbyist told me only the other day that there are people on the Hill who still won't forgive McCain for his treatment of Carol.

Source

In regards to the "less whining, more dirt on mccain" title that the author used, i say

Maybe the author should come subscribe to ATS. There's plenty of dirt on the old man here.

[edit on 7/12/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I'm sorry Andrew, but I thought you wanted to debate the issues associated with the candidates not engage in specious personal attacks or mudslinging..

Does your hypocrisy knows no bounds!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

This is an issue

It talks about his character.

He cheated on his disabled wife who took care of his family while he was a POW?

She never left him, but he left her?

That says something IMO.

...or is that "okay" in your book?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
uhm, wasn't it you that said what did clinton's affair have to do w/ the rest of the country? i can't remember and w/ all this crap posted on the candidates on here, i may be starting to get the worshippers confused.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Nah. Wasnt me.

I think the vile nature of his cheating on a crippled wife, after she spent 5 years (?) of her life supporting their family while he was a POW (she sacrified)

and then he scarified something too

he scarified their marriage for the lust of another woman....and dumped his loving wife to go gold digging for campaign money.

and you dont find this revolting?
If he woudl betray his own wife and morals, why wouldnt he betray his country? Oh wait. He did when he earned his nickname "songbird"

real prime specimen for president you neo-cons picked out....

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

"If he woudl betray his own wife and morals, why wouldnt he betray his country?"

what about speaking bad things about a race that makes up a part of who you are and in essence, turning your back on them until it suits your agenda to run for office? can go both ways you know.

i think both these candidates are worthy of nothing more than a BIG

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Hmm.....i dont see the connection.

I agree it can go both ways

But John McCain claims to be a religious man, but he cheats on his loving wife, leaves her to go gold mining, uses racial slurs, uses sexist and condescening mannerisms towards his current wife, and admits that, even after 74 years, he STILL has anger management issues

sounds more like a candidate for benzodiazepines than for presidency.

[edit on 7/12/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

I'm sorry Andrew, but I thought you wanted to debate the issues associated with the candidates not engage in specious personal attacks or mudslinging..

Does your hypocrisy knows no bounds!

You should know by now that democrats operate in their own little world. Everything they do is ok, because they have rationalized it all in their heads. As soon as they recognize their own BS, they cry foul. They can dish it out, but they cant take it.

Anyway, if this is at issue than the fact Obama attended a racist church and was mentored by a racist for 20 years, only to make friends with a terrorist, is a very important issue. It goes right to character.

Why would Obama make friends with a guy who bombed the pentagon?

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Andrew, you should take the advice of Neformore, and "be the change you wish to see"..

If you don't like mudslinging, don't sling mud, if you expect courtesy, then give it.. Stop bringing up empty arguments and non-issues, or don't complain.

[edit on 7/12/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Hmm. How is it "mud" slinging?

its not false

its factual

"mud slinging" is saying "OBAMA IS A MUSLIM!!!!!!!!"

Mud slinging is saying "OBAMA....IS...UH.....A MEAN GUY!!!!!"

What mud slinging is not, is saying "hey, look what this guy did, and here's proof"

He's a despicable man, who's unfit to run this country. And the fact that he has zero morals is reason enough to support that claim.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
What mud slinging is not, is saying "hey, look what this guy did, and here's proof"

He's a despicable man, who's unfit to run this country. And the fact that he has zero morals is reason enough to support that claim.
So, when was it you conducted your in-depth interview with his ex-wife, and obtained your facts? Oh! that's right you didn't, so in other words, it's just hearsay right?

All fluff, no substance..

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by LLoyd45

Hmm. How is it "mud" slinging?

its not false

its factual

"mud slinging" is saying "OBAMA IS A MUSLIM!!!!!!!!"

Mud slinging is saying "OBAMA....IS...UH.....A MEAN GUY!!!!!"

Its so interesting watching you. In one sentence, you declare that saying Obama is a mean guy as "mudslinging", than in the next sentence you say McCain is "a despicable man".

Only an Obama democrat could be so hypocritical. You guys are truly something to behold.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

oh i see. so he and his first wife didnt split?

His "inner circle" of friends havent spoken out AGAINST him and his decision to leave his first life to go gold digging for cindy mccain?

Yeah. Speculation. Yer right.

I guess it goes right up there with

obamas birthcertificate and everything else?

Not so fast.

Mccain is no longer with his first wife
they split right after he got back from imprisonment
she got mutilated in a car wreck
he went looking elsewhere, instead of supporting her in their vows of marriage "until death do us part"

yeah, pure speculation though....

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In an election year, there's going to be a lot of mudslinging. For one party to call the other on it is like the carrot calling the bean a vegetable. After so much dirt-throwing at Obama, I guess it's fair for the OP to try to do likewise to McCain.

It would be heartening to have a campaign where there's no mudslinging. The problem is the candidates themselves don't do that much of it, it's always someone associated with the campaigns or the general public. That way they both can claim to be clean.

As far as McCain's personal history, nobody knows what really went on between him and his first wife; there could have been a lot of reasons for the divorce. McCain's present wife is fair game for criticism, though--look at what they're doing to Michelle Obama.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
McCain's present wife is fair game for criticism, though--look at what they're doing to Michelle Obama.
What are they doing to Michelle Obama? They're giving her the exposure she wants. It's not their fault if she projects an angry, loud-mouthed, racist image.. They're her own words.

new topics

top topics

join