It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry King is not my favorite person! Stephenville experience still unexplained.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I happened to catch the Stephenville story on yesterdays boards and found it interesting. Many people had claimed to see the amazing lights in the sky. Agian video and pictures (of a highly crappy nature) were obtained. So apparently a couple of guys were able to get their hands on the radar reports in the area through the Freedom of Information act to help prove this mass sighting. Reading the comments in the thread someone mentioned that Larry King was going to have this on his show last night. I was so excited. They are actually going to broadcast this story on a live and "credited" media source. Notice credited is in quotations. So tuning in to the program I was optimistic. And rigth from the get go everybody froze up. He is an example of how every conversation went.
Larry: So what does this mean, what do you think you saw.
Local Idiot: Ahhh...welll..ahh.. I can't really say..ahh..duh.
At this point I'm ready to punch the T.V. They even had one of the senior astronomers from SETI on who could only bash the hell out of these people, as if he thought they were crazy. The only time that had me going was when one of the locals claimed he was standing directly underneath the object..remember they never was said ufo, and he didn't belive it was the from the military. He also mentioned that military personal came to his house and contacted him by phone, telling him to keep quite.

Once again we have glaring evidence of some type of encounter only to be publicized as bright lights in the sky seen only by drunken rednecks. Which essentailly makes the whole thing a total farce. Larry King is an ass and should be ashamed of himself as well as the other big names that came on the program. The program was a complete waste of everybodies time and nothing was accomplished. That will be an hour of my life that I can never get back.

Did anyone else see this deranged ballet and do you also feel as upset as I do about what transpired?

admin edit removed epithet in title.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DazE777

I think I know why you feel the way you do. I been interest in UFO-ET's for many years. The past 14 using the web for info. I thought for sure, by now, I would have my answer to my question: are they real?

I have not had a experience myself. I believe the possibility for ET life elsewhere in our Galaxy or Universe is very high. I don't think God would put all his eggs in one basket... if you know what I mean.

I'll sum it up by saying, I want to believe in UFO-ET's. Having said this, upon official disclosure, I will not panic.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by aerialview

Good luck waiting to get your confirmation from the internet. If you want your own UFO experience...go outside on a clear night, and look into the starry sky towards the Big Dipper. You'll see satellites, falling stars, comets, etc.....but there's a VERY good chance you're going to see something else as well. And it won't cost you a dime, to the chagrine of so many "experts" in the UFO field.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DazE777

The witnesses (none of whom could be disregarded as "drunken Rednecks, by the way) accurately reported exactly what they observed, and it is to their credit that none of them would be coerced into drawing any conclusion about the nature of what they observed.

The debunkers drool over the possibility of some fool seeing something inexplicable on a dark night, and then claiming it was some kind of "plasma-stealth cloaked starship from Zeta-Reticulii carrying a reptiod invasion force".

Furthermore, These witnesses seem to backed-up by solid radar data which appears to correspond to their observations. If you had listened, you would have learned that this data was more that "just blips"; the data was comprised of "skin paints", radar returns from solid objects.

Solid objects, not just lights in the sky, in the same area and and time-frame as the witnesses reported their observations and moving as the witnesses claimed they moved.

Larry King , himself, may not have made a grand contribution to the cause of Disclosure; but by providing this forum for such solid evidence to be publicly and widlely, disseminated, he deserves better than to be labeled as "jackass".

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

I did some of that when I was younger. I'm guessing you have had your own experience.

The Larry King show that the OP posted about was interesting to me. Many times he ask "Do you Believe?" to his guests.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
reply to post by DazE777

The witnesses (none of whom could be disregarded as "drunken Rednecks, by the way) accurately reported exactly what they observed, and it is to their credit that none of them would be coerced into drawing any conclusion about the nature of what they observed.

The debunkers drool over the possibility of some fool seeing something inexplicable on a dark night, and then claiming it was some kind of "plasma-stealth cloaked starship from Zeta-Reticulii carrying a reptiod invasion force".

Furthermore, These witnesses seem to backed-up by solid radar data which appears to correspond to their observations. If you had listened, you would have learned that this data was more that "just blips"; the data was comprised of "skin paints", radar returns from solid objects.

Solid objects, not just lights in the sky, in the same area and and time-frame as the witnesses reported their observations and moving as the witnesses claimed they moved.

Larry King , himself, may not have made a grand contribution to the cause of Disclosure; but by providing this forum for such solid evidence to be publicly and widlely, disseminated, he deserves better than to be labeled as "jackass".

Very good points you make here Bhadhidar, strrd., but watch out for the debunkers tactic, Stanton Friedman said the following about that.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

It looks as if some “debunker sleepers” are definitely awakened, so that proofs to me that this Stephenville is a very solid case.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
None of the radar data backs up the witness statements as to it's size or that gov't agents intimidated them. Some of their claims are a little stretched in my opinion.

full disclosure: I do believe UFOs were spotted in Stephenville

[edit on 12-7-2008 by starcraft]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I personally found it amusing that Larry kept calling the lady (who's last name I have forgotten) Angelina ALL NIGHT. He name was Angela! He's a real pro.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Her name is Angelia.

The only actual "witnesses" were Ricky and The Constable. All the others on the show pro and con, make their living from covering UFOs

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
Her name is Angelia.

Funny nonetheless.

Perhaps it’s a psychological disorder on my part, but I cannot help but feel rather insulted at the treatment of the topic of UFOs in the media. Larry had is kooky little graphics that would bumper the breaks but for the most part it was handled well. It’s when you see UFO pieces on local news, or even CNN or Fox news and it’s sort of offered as a humor piece that annoys me. Have we not the reached a point in our consciousness evolution where we are ‘generally’ accepting of all beliefs when it comes to religion? We as a society for the most part have grown to respect even the most far out beliefs and ideas but on the topic of UFOs it’s treated like a big freaking joke. That really gets to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I agree, especially after seeing one for yourself.

I don't enjoy being looked at funny. That's why I don't even try and convince anyone any more.

Hoaxers that do it for monetary gain tweek me off even more.

Or the folks with good writing skills, time on their hands and the attention of the press who are leeches to the whole phenomenon.

top topics

join