It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Snow dies at 53

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by robdwg
nice to get rid of this neocon scumbag, always defending the neocons even as he was dying

This shows how bright you are.

How was he a neocon?
Since he was never a liberal or of the twisted leftist mindset? The dictionary is your friend.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The left-wing political hacks on ATS are absolutely disgusting. Can you not turn away from your propaganda for even 1 minute? A very well respected journalist and a high ranking political appointee has died. Show some respect.

I just went through the Tim Russert thread and saw none of this political propagandizing, even though it is well known that Tim Russert was in many cases a mouthpiece of the Democrat National Committee and was certainly not unbiased. And yet, I saw no one from either side bashing him in that thread. People were respectful.

Here? A journalist dies and within a few posts we have the partisan political hacks coming out - and whats even worse - they are getting starred by their fellow foaming at the mouth propagandists. How disgusting. Even more proof that ATS is nothing more than a meeting ground for Democrat propagandists.

Get some class. Your making reasonable liberals ashamed that such political hacks exist within their party.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugs_n_recovery
i suppose you hate the war because inocent people are killed well you hypocrite tony snow was innocent

Someone who was a CFR member, who started the war, and a part of both the Bush Administration and FOX News, whom both sold the war, is in no way innocent in my book.

Dying of cancer does not wipe your record clean. Dying of cancer does not make you innocent. Dying of cancer does not make you a good person.

I wish no one who is innocent ill-will or death. But since we are not talking about an innocent man, that is not relevant here.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You know if some true Great Americans whom have lost their lives got some of the hype this media personality gets for his stint it wouldnt be so bad.
But we have lost Thousands of Good Americans in this War of Terror and None other than a football player got near the praise/respect for being a Good American in the media.
Tony Snow the Neo Republican mouthpiece did Nothing for his country too be deemed a Great or even Good American IMO.
Again he told us what the Money told him too tell us. Be it on TV,Radio or on a podium
Period.
His loss is still very sad though.
RIP

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
WOW!.....Well this thread is the perfect example of why nothing ever gets done or fixed in this country,people cant even agree to be civil long enough to let a human die in peace. Is this what we as human beings have become or is it only in America that we act like this..??!!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Over 1 million people with families have died because of the war in Iraq.

*** SIGH ***
This just shows your bias and how you only spew liberal talking points without thinking for yourself or doing any research.
The real figure is under 100K, so please get your facts straight.

Iraq body count

please note the date i have no idea who runs your website. probably some neocon shill.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

live in the limelight, die in the limelight. death doesn't erase what you did in life.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

And nothing is making you post in this topic since this topic is for the SINGLE discussion of his mourning.

But whatever, the mods can decide how they want to handle this. I'll be leaving the thread anyway, since I've already mourned for him, and there's nothing left in here of interest.

the topic is tony snow dies at 53, not mourning tony snow or adoring tony snow. it's a current event up for discussion. if you want to make a separate topic more appropriately titled, you are free to do so as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I don't care what a person does in the "Limelight" as you put it ,there are people here that obviously cared about this person.Is it your thing to ridicul the dead and beatup on the ones who morn them or do you have any humanity at all.We are talking about what kind of person you choose to be.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This video is for Tony Snow, to be sent out into the cosmos wherever he is now, for he now has knowledge of the "Superunknown"...he cannot say he doesn't know. I salute you, sir!

To all the haters of this man who lived...plucky frowns upon you!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by robdwg
nice to get rid of this neocon scumbag, always defending the neocons even as he was dying

This shows how bright you are.

How was he a neocon?
Since he was never a liberal or of the twisted leftist mindset? The dictionary is your friend.

how was he a neocon? during the building up to the Iraqi war he was one of those in the front line beating the drum for the war. Also when Rush Limbaugh would be absent on his radio show he would sometimes fill in.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Although I said I wouldn't be participating in the thread anymore, I have to post again to reinforce this point.

When I came into this thread, I was expecting the same amount of decorum as that thread. Despite Tim Russert being just as bad, if not worse, than Tony Snow in terms of political stuff, people were respectful. it doesn't matter if you like the man or not.

NovusOrdoMundi sent me a u2u telling me to not keep the topic one-sided. However, I don't see you complaining about the one-sidedness of Tim Russert's R.I.P. thread. Why not?

Because we aren't arguing about the man's policies or what he has done in his life. We are mourning his death and wishing him and his family the best. If you hate the man so much, why don't you make another topic outlining all the bad things he's done? Heck, if you do that and your arguments are logical, even I will post in the thread and probably agree with you. Just because I'm defending this thread does not mean I agreed with everything Tony Snow has done.

Tim Russert had a civil thread on ATS despite his past, and I think Tony Snow deserves the same.

[edit on 7/12/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I agree primarily.
But I can see differences between the two.
Snow was employed by the Oval office and was their Spokesperson so No Wonder he is being closely associated with the antics of the Rep party.
Russert would have gotten much the same had he been a employed Admin. mouthpiece IMO.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Not that I want to become part of the squabbling, but if you classify yourself as "left" or "right," you're probably just as diluted as the people you argue with. Logical people try their best to understand both sides of the fence, and so must find themselves agreeing with both sides on certain issues.

Having said that, RIP Tony. I can't say I agreed with anything about you, but I must say I wouldn't wish a death like that on anyone.

It doesn't matter if you want these people "lined up and shot" or not. I'd rather be lined up and shot than go through colon cancer.

On an interesting note, Bob Beckel, a democratic analyst just said on the O'Reilly factor that Snow once wrote a liberal speech for him because he was too hungover to do it for himself. Hey, the guy must've been interesting in personal forums to say the least.

The bottom line is, someone died. Someone who was a father, a husband, a son, a relative. For that I am sad.

I believe there are ebs and flows to the world, and wishing consumption on someone is pretty dispicable, and I believe it can come back to haunt you.

Let the maker decide what kind of person he was, just respect the family of a man who has passed. I send my best wishes to his family. If he is part of the evil that has come to be in this world, well, I am not his judge.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Its always sad to see someone die young, even if they have dedicated their lives to aid and spread evil.

All that can be said for this man then is:

Karma is a bitch.

Rest in peace and lets hope for you Tony, that the crap the religious folks that back and support your as good as demonic masters believe in is truelly just crap and that there is no hell for you to rot in for eternity.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Tim Russert and Tony Snow where media tools, stop acting like they proved any useful information to us at large, they are part of the establishment. Low level talking heads programed to spew the main stream line, they had no courage to actually do some sort of journalistic work and actually keep a check on the government. I don't blame them they where not men of honor, they got payed well, and spewed the propaganda needed to sale the war.Propaganda that only left over a five thousand dead solders and over a million Iraqis dead, I would like it if the lovers of human life in this thread would please stop the hypocrisy.

Nothing wrong with not honoring the dead, I resonantly talked to an Army medic that severed four years in Iraq. She told me of how they would execute captured prisoners and torture them I was horrified at some of the trauma are solders are subjected to, thanks to men like Tim Russert and Tony Snow men of no honor, many of are brave man and woman will have to live with bad stuff imprinted in there minds.

Love to all
i don't play the left and right game that's total BS as most of you should know by now

[edit on 12-7-2008 by LeeHawt]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You know i didn't agree much with what Mr.Snow said, however i find such lack of human sympathy and general humility in your post quite awful.

Rest in peace Tony Snow.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

You know i didn't agree much with what Mr.Snow said, however i find such lack of human sympathy and general humility in your post quite awful.

Rest in peace Tony Snow.
What lack of humanity do you speak of? I don't honor men like Tony Snow or Tim Russert because they lacked the courage to speak up when they where in positions to do something. So if that makes me some how less human than so be it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I just checked the title because I couldn't tell what the topic was. "Tony Snow dies at 53." Let's show a little class people. Berating a man after he passes is about the most classless thing I can think of. If you have nothing to add other than your contempt, please keep it to yourself. And, no, I don't even know who the guy is. I just know that these posts make ATS look bad. THAT is a concern of mine.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join