It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Snow dies at 53

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Tony Snow dies at 53

www.foxnews.com

Tony Snow, the former White House press secretary and conservative pundit who bedeviled the press corps and charmed millions as a FOX News television and radio host, died after a long bout with cancer. He was 53.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I heard the news this morning and it was like a punch to the gut. Truly saddened by the news. Condolences to his family.

RIP Tony Snow

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I agree I too liked Tony Snow. This is sad he was to young.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Truly sad to hear that. He seemed like an extremely nice guy with a great sense of humor and wasn't too concerned with censoring himself. I remember when they showed him leaving the White House and all of his coworkers saying goodbye. Truly sad indeed.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Always a smile on his face, he was a true fighter. He was upbeat about beating his cancer until the end.

RIP, Tony. You will be missed.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I too was surprised to hear of his death. I thought he was doing better, but then he disappeared off O'riely's radio show several months ago. I wondered if he was going to get his own show.

I won't say this about too many journalist in today's era of talking hair on TV. He will be missed. His emotions and passions were shown when he talked and I feel he was one of the very few honorable men on news. Agree or disagree with his views and opinions is fine, but you knew what his core beliefs were.

His voice will be missed.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Good. We are rid of yet another corporate tool.

Being a former CFR member, a former member of the Bush Administration, and a former employee of FOX News speaks volumes about who he really was.

This is good news.

[edit on 7/12/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Seconded...

One less neo con scumbag who was all too willing to do or say anything on behalf of his masters...

People like that should be rounded up and shot en masse, imho...

Good riddance to bad rubbish...

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Rilence]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I wonder who the will make die next?

Douglas Feith - he would spill the beans if indicted.

Rove has fled the country, he will have a heart attack or be suicided once captured. He won't be allowed to testify.

McClellan Wrote a book - He MIGHT be safe.

High Strangeness with this administration as of late.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

One less neo con scumbag

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Rilence]

I don't remember Tony Snow ever being a liberal. So how could he be a neocon? Do you even know what a neocon is?

Side note...I expected this type of hate at another site called Democratic Underground....so I checked it out and they are actually showing a little class. That and the mods have been ordered to remove any negative posts.

I didn't expect this type of hate for Tony Snow, but then I remembered the hate for Charlton Heston when he died and figured it would come.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
I wonder who the will make die next?

Douglas Feith - he would spill the beans if indicted.

Rove has fled the country, he will have a heart attack or be suicided once captured. He won't be allowed to testify.

McClellan Wrote a book - He MIGHT be safe.

High Strangeness with this administration as of late.

Dude....he died of cancer, struggling with it for at least 2 years.

No conspiracy here.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Everyone is entitled to an alternative view, much to the chagrin of the conservatives on here...

Deal with it...

The man was a lacky for his masters...no sympathy for pondscum like that...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Novus and Rilence,
Boy, both of you are just full of class...NOT!

I guess it just shows how hateful and bias both of you are by being glad a person with a family has died. Both of you should be embarrassed for saying what you did.

I bet both of you would have jumped down someone's throat if they would have said your comments about Tim Russert from NBC right?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
reply to post by RRconservative

Everyone is entitled to an alternative view, much to the chagrin of the conservatives on here...

Deal with it...

The man was a lacky for his masters...no sympathy for pondscum like that...

OK, so you don't know what the term "neocon" means. Most don't!

Everyone is entitled to their own views, that is what makes America great! But using words that you don't know the meaning to makes you look like.....for the sake of decency I will just stop there.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Again, that's your opinion...

If you honestly want to see one person who has played a part in the downfall of your nation, go take a look at the dead man...

You conservatives are so gullible....

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It is always sad to see the death of such a young man.
53 is young. But, colon cancer does not care how old you are and does seem to strike in middle age.

I liked the man, I liked his manner and his tone. A person I could respect, regardles of his politics.

~~~
~~
~~~

PLEASE NOTE: I would encourage members to stay ON TOPIC and discuss Tony Snow's life and death with respect.
I would hope no one really wished ill-will or death to another human.

Breaking News stories should remain a bit above a regular forum topic.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I don't remember Tony Snow ever being a liberal. So how could he be a neocon? Do you even know what a neocon is?

It's apparent he does not know what it means. A lot of liberals throw this term around but the problem is that they don't know what it means because they rarely use it properly. It just further shows how they only spew liberal talking points without knowing what the hell they are saying.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A moderator needs to make sure to keep this topic enforced. If somebody called Tim Russert a shill or George Carlin a paid disinformant in either one of their mourning topics, they would have been moderated harshly. Who cares if you hated the man or not. The point is that he died due to his cancer, and any negative comments about him should be made elsewhere. It's a shame that this topic won't get as many flags as the other two, and it's even worse than he will get the least media coverage of the three (at the least, it should be 80% of what Carlin got, but he'll be lucky to get 10%).

Also, I think this needs to be moved to the Breaking Political News Forum or Current Forum. It was moved the last time in the case of George Carlin, but I'll let a moderator decide.

In regard to the man himself, I never paid too much attention to him, but I found him to be a charismatic character. He will be missed.

EDIT: I didn't see DontTreadOnMe's post before I posted, so yeah, good to see decorum being enforced. Also, I see the thread has been moved to the Breaking Political News Forum, so...yeah.

[edit on 7/12/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Even though I am a passionate Liberal and disagree with the Bush administration, I am sadden to hear that Tony Snow died
He was a charming man and a great person to listen too - regardless of what political colours you carry.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
I guess it just shows how hateful and bias both of you are by being glad a person with a family has died.

Over 1 million people with families have died because of the war in Iraq. Over 4,000 soldiers with families have died because of that same reason.

This man was a part of an organization who had its hands in the corporate and political benefits of starting that war.

This man was a part of the administration who started that war.

This man was a part of the media outlet who sold the war via propaganda to the American populace, and has repeatedly made controversial statements mocking and praising the deaths of people with families over in the Middle East.

And you expect some of us to sit and mourn this man? You expect some of us to just relinquish our right to freedom of speech in the name of being politically correct?

The first amendment does not grant us freedom of speech so long as the majority agrees and it is not controversial. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech, no strings attached. If you have a problem with that, ignore me.

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Both of you should be embarrassed for saying what you did.

Sorry to disappoint you, my friend, but I'm not in the least bit embarrassed or sorry.

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I would encourage members to stay ON TOPIC and discuss Tony Snow's life and death with respect.

Naming off the criminal entities he has been involved with in his life is on topic.

Why must I discuss it with respect? Is ATS an arena for expressing your opinions honestly or not?

I do not see anything in the T&C that says we should mourn and be respectful of the death of criminals. Let me know if it has changed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join