It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien' rock found near Roswell mystifies scientists!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think people need to do little research about any topic before they start debunking it .To all of you who start making fun of every post here.I am here to say bla bla bla....Just check this post about same object might be it spin the head of debunkers who call it HOAX current.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
OH OH OH !! I KNOW THIS ONE !!

This is the pilot episode, where Daniel was initiated and was tying to figure out the 7th symbol on a mock stargate !!! So this is really a subversive public call looking for the real Dr. Jackson to decipher the symbols on an alien device !!

Yeah, that's it ...... Daniel Jackson!

Did I win?
Did I win?
Huh? Huh?
Did I?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Before you continue to call us debunkers foolish.. lol I can't even believe I am being called a debunker.
anyway.. back to your link.. it says in very large letters CREDIBILITY IN QUESTION: this stories source does not appear to be credible.

Perhaps you should read more carefully before posting a link and telling us that we are mistaken.

It seems perfectly logical that someone would perpetrate a hoax based on a crop circle .. I don't know how the pattern matching a crop circle makes it legit.
It just means the hoaxer wanted to give it a tie in.

I am still giving this the thumbs down til more evidence to prove otherwise comes forward.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Looks Extremely fake to me with that crappy chrome/gold paint shine to it. you know the kind that eats up Styrofoam. But lets say that it is real how would you explain it? iv always read/heard that some U.F.O.s would have symbols on the side of there crafts, perhaps when the Roswell UFO made impact it melted one of these symbols onto a rock and flung it into the air.

Thats the best i can do

-bod

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

You are right it makes no sense. It might make sense for aliens to communicate with ancient humans by carving in a rock because that is what they would understand. It is obviously not an ancient artifact based on how fresh the carvings are. It was carved recently. If aliens were sending a message now they would communicate in a method we could understand. Most likely some audio or video signal. They wouldn't carve some symbols in a small rock and stash it in the desert for someone to find.

The mere fact that it was found in Roswell NM and they mayor is publicly speaking about it just wreaks of a publicity stunt.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Erasurehead]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It's very simple to explain how the Roswell “rock” matches 1996 UK crop pattern. Breaking news... IT WAS CARVED AFTER 1996 !!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
i wonder what tests they have done on the rock. if it was carved out of clay or rock.. i don't think these materials are able to be magnetized. there should be at least some trace amounts of metal inside it.
maybe it's primitive on the outside and extremely advanced on the inside? maybe it will crack open like a geode? maybe it activates when it's placed inside the crop circle?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1.01
i wonder what tests they have done on the rock. if it was carved out of clay or rock.. i don't think these materials are able to be magnetized. there should be at least some trace amounts of metal inside it.
maybe it's primitive on the outside and extremely advanced on the inside? maybe it will crack open like a geode? maybe it activates when it's placed inside the crop circle?

or maybe it is just a rock etched with a laser by the guy that "found" it?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

in the field of alien investigation it seems we are always our own worst enemy . somehow it reminds me of the animators that make the cartoons for children to enjoy. these people who make false evidence are constructing chinese boxes that we the children keep opening to find nothing inside. unless there is really something there but it's so alien that we can't even grasp what it is. if nothing else aliens are mysterious, and the same can be said about the rock. also, i do not discount the possibility that even if it was carved by a human, ET could have sent the instructions to the human/s who created it.. via telepathy or dreams. we should be looking to find some meaning within the symbology of it. the symbols on the rock appear to me to be a very universal and powerful image.. it has a sort of yin-yang characteristic, balance and depth. whether it was created by a human or an ET.. im sure we can agree that it is somewhat a profound symbology depicted.

if the rock had no other powers it would probably be as good as a portable crop circle.. or mandela.. which is probably used to meditate on in order to increase awareness. the article mentions that it has magnetic powers also.. i wonder if these magnetic attributes correlate to the magnetism found at crop circle sites.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Oh c'mon now, that's 10 bucks! Don't you guys know your alien currency? Pity they didn't accidently drop a 100 instead, would come in handy once we start bartering with them.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

Ok well the carving first of all has a totally different texture to the rest of the rock so that indicates a precision instrument was used. The outer rock is rough while the pattern and surrounding surface is dead smooth.

The indentation of the 'potholes' are identical and the distance of the objects is exactly symmetrical with each other in shape, distance, and sharpness. If this is a fake than the only way to get carvings that sharp on the shapes almost symmetrically exactly would have to be by laser.

I too would like to see more tests done to reach any kind of conclusion

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Drakiir

Test results of the rock are here:
www.earthfiles.com...

Some quotes from the article:
"It's a normal rock, but the pattern is remarkable. Obviously, it is something that took a lot of care and knowledge to produce because this hard, iron-rich sandstone with magnetite is not easily worked".

"in terms of the chemistry, it was consistent with what you would expect in an iron-rich sandstone"

"a professional machine shop with the right tools could do it"

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Maybe it's some alien joke... after all, we are sending some prehistoric thing we call 'radio waves' into space. Possibly their way of saying "You guys are lame, heres some technology you'll probably fancy... a rock"

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

actually there are three possibilities

1 - the hoaxer who carved the rock had seen the design of the 1996 crop circle

2 - the hoaxer who made the crop circle had seen the rock or its design

3 - aliens made both

as i personally do not accept any of the " evidence " put forward so far for opition 3 , that leaves option one or two , now unless one of the parties concerned steps forward - it is impossible to accertain which is the correct theory

PS - look at the two designs carefully - the are subtle differences

the intercection of the circlues and one has cruved lines - the other straight

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join