It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Not Alone! - A simple mathematical theory can prove it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Here's a simple fact based theory that proves it so.

1. The Universe is Infinite in size.
2. The Universe is constantly growing & expanding.
3. Planet Earth is just one of trillions+ of other planets out there.
4. Planet Earth is smaller than an atom in comparison to the incalculable size of the universe.
5. Humans are a species of thousands of other living species in Planet Earth.

Odds of us not being alone and life existing outside of Planet Earth are:
a trillion+ (infinite) to 1.

People that laugh to the possibility of space beings are in denial and simply can't grasp the understanding of what we know of the Universe, which still hides its greatest mysteries from possible human reasoning and comprehension.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by xiomanf]

[edit on 11-7-2008 by xiomanf]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Exactly!! its not rocket science!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xiomanf

here's a simpler one..

LaTeX Code: N_c = R_0 f_p n_e f_1 f_i f_c L_t LaTeX Code: N_c = \\frac[R_0 f_p n_e f_1 f_i f_c N_s][R_e] LaTeX Code: N_u = N_g R_0 f_p n_e f_1 f_i f_c L_t LaTeX Code: N_u = \\frac[N_g R_0 f_p n_e f_1 f_i f_c N_s][R_e] R0 = 4 stars*yr^-1 fp = (105/145) ne = (1/105) f1 = (1/128) fi = (1/13.6*10^6) fc = 1 Ns = 13.6*10^6 global species Re = 8.76*10^3 species*yr^-1 (hr^-1) Lt = (Ns/Re) = 1552.511 yrs Ng = 1.425*10^7 galaxies/Universe (Re = hr^-1): Nc = 2.436*10^-8 civilizations/galaxy Nc^-1 = 4.103*10^7 galaxies/civilization Nu = (Nc* Ng) = 0.347 civilizations/Universe (Re = dy^-1): Nc = 5.848*10^-7 civilizations/galaxy Nc^-1 = 1.709*10^6 galaxies/civilization Nu = (Nc* Ng) = 8.337 civilizations/Universe (Re = mo^-1): Nc = 1.778*10^-5 civilizations/galaxy Nc^-1 = 5.621*10^4 galaxies/civilization Nu = (Nc*Ng) = 253.584 civilizations/Universe (Re = yr^-1): Nc = 2.134*10^-4 civilizations/galaxy Nc^-1 = 4684.615 galaxies/civilization Nu = (Nc* Ng) = 3043.017 civilizations/Universe Extra-civilization Range: LaTeX Code: r_c = \\sqrt[3][ \\frac[3 V_u][4 \\pi N_u] ] (Re = hr^-1): rc = 25.060 BLy (Re = dy^-1): rc = 8.687 BLy (Re = mo^-1): rc = 2.783 BLy (Re = yr^-1): rc = 1.215 BLy Nc - civilizations/galaxy Nu - civilizations/Universe R0 - galaxy stellar formation rate fp - stellar planetary fraction ne - planetary bioecology f1 - bioecological genesis fi - Intelligence fraction fc - Intelligence communication Ns - total global species population Re - total global species extinction rate Lt - global extinction lifetime

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hello. First of all - i do not think that what you presented is mathematical theory. It is a logical construction, and (5) is very shaky since you want to prove it and kind of disregarding that by using it as part of the conclusion. Where numbers came,i wonder? Trillion ans such.

There could be other intelligent life forms out there. How you going to prove that they are visiting our little insignificant (less then atom,correct?) pond?

Nineteenseventyeight showed what simple mathematical equation dealing with the issue might look like. Too many variables that we not know about yet.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xiomanf

1. The Universe is Infinite in size. 2. The Universe is constantly growing & expanding.

Your "facts" are a little questionable, you know ?
Please explain to me, how could anything infinite keep on constantly growing ?

3. Planet Earth is just one of trillions+ of other planets out there.

Possible and i also think so, but that doesn't make it much more of a fact.

4. Planet Earth is smaller than an atom in comparison to the incalculable size of the universe.

Right and wrong. The universe in not incalculable, actually it seems we're getting pretty close to know the size - somewhere around 156 billion lightyears in diameter. Pretty lerge, but not infinite..well i get brain seizures from imagining, what might be "behind" it

5. Humans are a species of thousands of other living species in Planet Earth.

uhm...yeah, so what ?

Regarding the Drake equation, i see it and raise you a Fermi paradoxon.
And in a row of multiplications, just one factor has to be Zero and all is gone.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
When the LHC fires up to full capacity next year we might very well know the answer to the Fermi paradox.....albeit for a few seconds

Perhaps however a few more 10^n increase in power will be required

In response to the OP..... I don't think there are many people when presented with the scale of the universe and the voraciousness of life on earth will agree that we are alone.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Shambles]

top topics

join